+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Gussj said:
Dear Qorax,
as per your instructions, you mentioned to fill up PR Card Application (IMM 5444E).
on CIC website, there is not mention of filling up that application when landing.
is it needed?
I was also told by some friends, that the PR will automatically be sent to my address without filing up this application .the officer will fill up the COPR form and give me a copy, and I will receive the PR by mail at a later stage to my address.
can you please clarify the process

Thanks in advance
Guss
Hi, It's no more required.
It has been mentioned many a times over by me, in this thread, subsequent to the OP.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hi, It's no more required.
It has been mentioned many a times over by me, in this thread, subsequent to the OP.
Great thanks a lot Qorax much appreciated :)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Medik said:
Dear Qorax,

I will be residing at Leyton avenue, Toronto... Is it a good place? I'll be with a relative. I just want to know more about the area. Thank you in advance...
Not a bad location though it's Scarborough. However, it's a neighborhood of very old houses (mostly) and has a distinct ethnic feel in many pockets. BTW this is a well connected place.

Qorax

SalaRaj

Oct 2, 2011
Refusals Pl explain...what to do next

Hi Qorax,

Although this not a relevant question to the topic here. I am confused to get letter from LDN VO. This letter is a refusal letter. They are telling that your job responsibilities as per NOC are not sufficient to meet NOC requirements. Only few correspond to the NOC 0111 descriptions.

Shell I made a request to VO to review my JDs on Exp letters? Is it wise to lodge a case with some attorny...? or wise to apply under PNP program?

Please advise on refusals with comprehensive approach....

Thank u so much

SalaRaj
Pakistan

Medik

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
qorax said:
Not a bad location though it's Scarborough. However, it's a neighborhood of very old houses (mostly) and has a distinct ethnic feel in many pockets. BTW this is a well connected place.

Qorax
Can I know what you meant by it being a well connected place? thanks again.

towfu019

Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept. 17, 2014
File Transfer...
Sept. 24, 2014
Med's Request
Oct. 15, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct. 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct. 29, 2015
Hi Qorax,

i just wanted to ask if i can change the picture that is on my COPR that will be used for the PR Card, coz that same photo is where i was smiling and some did say that the there shouldn't be a smirk or a smile. Also, the new picture that i would like to attach has my name written on the back of it and a date when it was taken, will that be okay? do you think its okay if i change the picture? or once at the immigration i should just ask them nicely if i can change it?

I'm getting paranoid with all the preparations since i will be doing my landing on May 5th and i will be leaving canada by May 18 coz my friends are taking a trip to Portland, so I wanted to make sure that there will be no problems on my picture for the PR Card ???

aditya29

Apr 23, 2012
Dear Qorax,

I have been following your posts and are very informative for the newcomers. Finally I got PPR from LA visa office. We applied ( my wife is principle applicant) in May 2010. In your thread, you have mentioned that PA should make POE first. I am planning to go in person LA next week and planning to land same day. could I do that? Is it necessary to show funds again at POE? Could i able to pay PPRF at LA visa office with demand draft?
Please help me.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aditya29 said:
Dear Qorax,

I have been following your posts and are very informative for the newcomers. Finally I got PPR from LA visa office. We applied ( my wife is principle applicant) in May 2010. In your thread, you have mentioned that PA should make POE first. I am planning to go in person LA next week and planning to land same day. could I do that? Is it necessary to show funds again at POE? Could i able to pay PPRF at LA visa office with demand draft?
Please help me.
Hi,

If ur PPR suggests that could get the stamping done in person, yes u can. Similarly u could land the same day as well thru any of the Border Posts.

Yes, POFs r checked at the BP.

Remember, either all of u land together or the PA should land first, if u guys r entering separately. The dependents cannot land before the PA.

Ur RPRF should be "cleared" before they'd stamp ur pps. So, if it's a draft, send it now.

Good luck.

aditya29

Apr 23, 2012
D
qorax said:
Hi,

If ur PPR suggests that could getbthenstamping done in person, yes u can. Similarly u could land the same day as well thru any of the Border Posts.

Yes, POFs r checked at the BP.

Remember, either all of u land together or the PA should land first, if u guys r entering separately. The dependents cannot land before the PA.

Ur RPRF should be "cleared" before they'd stamp ur pps. So, if it's a draft, send it now.

Good luck.
Dear Qorax,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I understood that dependent can not make entry before PA. Is it the same case for spouse? We are in Canada already and my wife and myself are doing part time job.It's been four years that we are living in Canada. Is it again necessary to show POF? Yes, they have mentioned we could submit passport in person and the method of payment is money order, certified check or bank draft. Will i be able to pay with money order or certified check at the same day when i am intended to go for stamping? or I have to wait for en cashing the money order or draft or certified check before going for visa stamping?
I have student visa with multiple entry.If i collect passport and make entry as student now, complete landing process later with my wife , will be ok? Please guide us.
aditya

wasiul

Mar 28, 2012
Such a nice topic to be read and so helpful.Thanks for this options so great to know all this things before we reach in Canada oneday.Godbless!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aditya29 said:
DDear Qorax,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I understood that dependent can not make entry before PA. Is it the same case for spouse? We are in Canada already and my wife and myself are doing part time job.It's been four years that we are living in Canada. Is it again necessary to show POF? Yes, they have mentioned we could submit passport in person and the method of payment is money order, certified check or bank draft. Will i be able to pay with money order or certified check at the same day when i am intended to go for stamping? or I have to wait for en cashing the money order or draft or certified check before going for visa stamping?
I have student visa with multiple entry.If i collect passport and make entry as student now, complete landing process later with my wife , will be ok? Please guide us.
aditya
Sir,

There's no exception to the rule. Either all land at once, or the PA does so first.

If u r not on TWP, or have an AEO, u'd require to demonstrate ur settlement funds. It's another matter that sometimes, some BSO might not ask for it, but it's a requirement under IRPA's POE checks.

IMHO, w/out clearance of the RPRF they'd not stamp ur pps. I'd advise u to contact ur IO & clarify.

Qorax

mmkcanada

Nov 15, 2011
Dear friends,
I will be landing in vancouver in this june as FSW class, at that time my son will complete his O-level , can you guide me in which class he will get admission in canadian education system his DOB is Jan-1996.

I have pakistani driving licence (issued in 1979) old book type (not a computrize one) , is it vaild for driving in Canada? or i required International licence?

Now a days how much time require to get PR in Vancouver?

Is it easy to get USA visa from Vancouver while my PR is under proces?

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax and all,
I finally landed in Torotno Ontario.everything went so smooth,took less than 15 mins.
I was surprized, no one asked for POF whatsoever, I had to ask them if they neded it, and they said NO.

I just thought to mention that on the forum.

Thanks again
Guss