+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in 4 months and want to come back. How? Help!!!

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
I will be landing in Toronto in about 5 months. However, I want to land and come right back to the United States since I finishing up my Master Degree in about 11 months because it is all paid for. How do I do it? How long do I have to stay in the Canada to receive my PR Card? Can I come right back out? How do I do it?

Cheers.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LeoNYC said:
I will be landing in Toronto in about 5 months. However, I want to land and come right back to the United States since I finishing up my Master Degree in about 11 months because it is all paid for. How do I do it? How long do I have to stay in the Canada to receive my PR Card? Can I come right back out? How do I do it?

Cheers.
Normally it takes about 1 month to get PR cards but people who cant stay there they give the address of their friends or relatives for PR cards and when they received it they send it to them. BUT this is not consider as a good way because if they need more information or new pictures for your PR cards they will ask you to send new one or visit them.

So you can make an entry and exit on the same day if you have friends or relatives in canada if you are willing to take risk for the PR cards.

Regards
Saki

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
But, won't they ask me why I am leaving right after landing? And if I leave Canada right after I land, how long can I stay outside Canada?

Thanks.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LeoNYC said:
But, won't they ask me why I am leaving right after landing? And if I leave Canada right after I land, how long can I stay outside Canada?

Thanks.
No they wont many people leave straightaway due to other commitments like childrens school etc etc. My understanding is that once you have PR you can stay 2yr outside canada but to get canadian citizenship you have to be residing in canada for 3 yrs then you will be eligible.

Seniors in the forum will be able to explain you in more detail.

Regards
Saki

rinks25us

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
rightly said .. and we did the same thing.. we landed in morning in windsor, told them we need to wind up with certain things before we can finally move to Canada and gave our friend's address for PR Card. We returned the same day...

All is well so far :)

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
rinks25us,

And when did you come back to Canada? Did you have to give the list of the items you were bringing later in your first landing?

Thanks.