+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing help -- too many conflicting answers

Cf45

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
I am Landing soon by uhaul truck! But I am getting so many different answers to my question about bringing in a matress. It is not second hand but it is used I have used it. But I'm a settler so in that respect I shouldn't have to get it cleaned but since its used I should (as I read the guidelines)

I called the border at first they said I need it cleaned then they changed their mind and said oh no wait u don't need it cleaned.
I just don't want to get there to the border and have them say did u get it cleaned where is your cleanig paperwork and me not have it then nt be able to import it.

What do u think? Anyone every bring it in,? What did u do?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Cf45 said:
I am Landing soon by uhaul truck! But I am getting so many different answers to my question about bringing in a matress. It is not second hand but it is used I have used it. But I'm a settler so in that respect I shouldn't have to get it cleaned but since its used I should (as I read the guidelines)

I called the border at first they said I need it cleaned then they changed their mind and said oh no wait u don't need it cleaned.
I just don't want to get there to the border and have them say did u get it cleaned where is your cleanig paperwork and me not have it then nt be able to import it.

What do u think? Anyone every bring it in,? What did u do?
1. A used mattress for personal use, doesn't have to be cleaned. Only commercial imports of used mattresses do.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Hi

I found this on matresses. I suspect this will answer your question more thoroughly. When I came, I left it behind and just bought a new one. Depending on your budget you could probably buy pretty decent matress for under $500 going up to $10,000.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CEUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca%2Fpublications%2Fdm-md%2Fd9%2Fd9-1-7-eng.pdf&ei=Btm1UufeMNPeyQHUmoHIDA&usg=AFQjCNHtjh47MZK1pwZ_eUC6YO3Sv0bqAQ&sig2=SY_EEZQNVp7ojr_DiZBjgQ&bvm=bv.58187178,d.aWc

Good luck :)