+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing fund how to transfer and show while not in cash or bank draft

wan2no

Jan 20, 2012
Hopefully landing Toronto next week. My concern is about accepatble easy landing fund showing. I tried to open bank account before landing but no bank is given this except for uk residents. So I contacted money transferring agents they allow only bank deposit for high amount like 12000 cad. So I am thinking to issue a money order from my name to one of my family friends Canadian bank account and later I will get it back. Is it ok to satisfy immigration officer during landing and showing all documents and fact telling. You know carrying cash too much is Risky! Let me know quickly as I have to arrange all thank

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Hi wan2no, you can carry you funds in cash to avoid any delays. However, you "may" have to declare it to the customs officials at the port of departure in you present country. Upon landing in Toronto, you must then declare everything in your possession for record purposes.

wan2no said:
Hopefully landing Toronto next week. My concern is about accepatble easy landing fund showing. I tried to open bank account before landing but no bank is given this except for uk residents. So I contacted money transferring agents they allow only bank deposit for high amount like 12000 cad. So I am thinking to issue a money order from my name to one of my family friends Canadian bank account and later I will get it back. Is it ok to satisfy immigration officer during landing and showing all documents and fact telling. You know carrying cash too much is Risky! Let me know quickly as I have to arrange all thank

wan2no

Jan 20, 2012
How safe is it to carry a lot of cash by hand. Any way can I get money transferred to my friends account as it is swift within 10 minutes deposit as PIN and easy with a great transaction exchange rate! Is it unacceptable to immigration or I can explain my case. Actually I found this quite convenient. My concern is whether it is enough to meet the requirements as money order is from my name to friends name temporarily

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Well I think that may suffice......www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

wan2no said:
How safe is it to carry a lot of cash by hand. Any way can I get money transferred to my friends account as it is swift within 10 minutes deposit as PIN and easy with a great transaction exchange rate! Is it unacceptable to immigration or I can explain my case. Actually I found this quite convenient. My concern is whether it is enough to meet the requirements as money order is from my name to friends name temporarily