+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience - Vancouver (YVR) April 2023

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
In short - smooth, easy, and pretty quick :)

I arrived in Vancouver on a flight on Sunday evening (5:30pm). Direct flight from the UK, traveling with my wife and 2 cats.
The airport was VERY quiet. I expected it to be much busier on a Sunday evening. I don't know if this is normal or if we were just lucky.
We were one of the last to leave the plane but we still got through the passport check and initial customs check (automated kiosks) without any queue.

Went to the immigration office to get our CoPRs signed and stamped - again no queue and the whole thing took maybe 10 min. (couple of standard questions - have you ever been refused entry, do you have a criminal record, etc.)

Picked up our luggage - again, no wait - the bags were already on the belt.

Went to the customs office - again, no queue - gave the officer our import docs and goods to follow plus rabies vaccination certificates for our cats. Waited maybe 10-15 min and got everything signed. We were not asked any questions, didn't have to take the cats out for any checks, etc.

Out of the airport and into a taxi to our AirBnB :)

The whole process from getting off the plane took around 45 minutes.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
In short - smooth, easy, and pretty quick :)

I arrived in Vancouver on a flight on Sunday evening (5:30pm). Direct flight from the UK, traveling with my wife and 2 cats.
The airport was VERY quiet. I expected it to be much busier on a Sunday evening. I don't know if this is normal or if we were just lucky.
We were one of the last to leave the plane but we still got through the passport check and initial customs check (automated kiosks) without any queue.

Went to the immigration office to get our CoPRs signed and stamped - again no queue and the whole thing took maybe 10 min. (couple of standard questions - have you ever been refused entry, do you have a criminal record, etc.)

Picked up our luggage - again, no wait - the bags were already on the belt.

Went to the customs office - again, no queue - gave the officer our import docs and goods to follow plus rabies vaccination certificates for our cats. Waited maybe 10-15 min and got everything signed. We were not asked any questions, didn't have to take the cats out for any checks, etc.

Out of the airport and into a taxi to our AirBnB :)

The whole process from getting off the plane took around 45 minutes.
Update your signature with "Landed: May 1, 2023" :)

Reactions: AndyUK

wowangst

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024
Sounds like the most perfect landing experience!
Got a quick question, if yoy don’t mind! I’VE submitted my application but I’m confused as to the next steps (when it gets approved) how was your post submission process in terms of sending passport copies, photos etc?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Sounds like the most perfect landing experience!
Got a quick question, if yoy don’t mind! I’VE submitted my application but I’m confused as to the next steps (when it gets approved) how was your post submission process in terms of sending passport copies, photos etc?
Do you mean once I received PPR?
I had my photos and passport copies ready (visa exempt country) and I delivered them in person to VFS in London as I didn't want to risk posting them. Everything after that was really quick (the dates are in my signature). Bear in mind that if you have any dependants, each CoPR will be sent separately so don't be surprised if you only receive one of them first - I had to wait for my CoPR 1-2 days after my wife's was delivered. You should be receiving automated emails from VFS to let you know what's happening once you send over your passports. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: wowangst

wowangst

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024
Do you mean once I received PPR?
I had my photos and passport copies ready (visa exempt country) and I delivered them in person to VFS in London as I didn't want to risk posting them. Everything after that was really quick (the dates are in my signature). Bear in mind that if you have any dependants, each CoPR will be sent separately so don't be surprised if you only receive one of them first - I had to wait for my CoPR 1-2 days after my wife's was delivered. You should be receiving automated emails from VFS to let you know what's happening once you send over your passports. Hope this helps :)
Yessss thank you so much for the detailed reply!