+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience Thousand Island bridge

indrani.iitr

Oct 24, 2018
Unfortunately I’m not free during the week. If it’s possible to re-arrange the trip to tomorrow or next weekend, count me in.
Hi, I did mine today that is Monday. In case you need someone to drive, I went with Don Davies (613-305-3512) of at your service Kingston. I reached the US border at 7:20 am.The process at the border took a total 40 minutes and around 36 minutes drive from Kingston. He is great person to be accompanied with and his rates are better than taxis. Hope this helps.

fahmoh

Sep 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey,I m leaving today for 1000 bridge.You can join me if interested. It's gonne early morning today
May I ask how crowded it was? What time did you go? I am planing to go with my family and have to go on weekend, too.

Anna Ngac

Sep 5, 2019
Hi, anyone going to thousand Island bridge around the weekend 28-29 Sep?
I'd like to do my work permit there and I can't drive :(

fahmoh

Sep 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
I also wanted to share my experience.

As I work during the week, my family and I left GTA and reached Gananoque around 8 pm on Friday. We booked a hotel so that we could go around or take boats the day after and also go to border overnight.

We reached 1000 island bridge around 10:30 pm (paid the toll fee) , there was only 1 lane processing and only 3 cars ahead of us. We got to US border at 10:40 pm, told the officer we are there for flagpole. He kindly guided us to park the car for security check and we went to the building. They asked the main applicant a few questions and prepared docs in 20 minutes. The main thing was a paper with our names on it doing flag-pole.

Then he guided us how to return without entering US. We made a U-turn and reached the Canadian border 11:10 pm. There was one lane processing cars and we waited for 2 minutes until it was our turn. The Canadian officer checked our docs and guided us to the building to do the immigration process.

There was a very kind and helpful lady helping us do the landing. remember the following docs:

- all work/study/residence permits
- passports
- COPR
- prepare Proof of fund (just in case)

She processed everything and we left around 11:45 pm, overall 20 minutes (5 minutes per passport)

Definitely much easier than Naigara and we enjoyed our next day stay in Gananoque.

MOKI25

Nov 29, 2016
Hi,

I am planning to go 1000 islands bridge for landing on this weekend (oct 5th 2019). Please let me know anyone interested to join and share the expenses.

Reactions: CanadianDream888

ss_raj

Nov 15, 2017
Hey congrats,

If you don't mind, could you please share what questions asked by the immigration officer in landing interview.

Thank you.

I also wanted to share my experience.

As I work during the week, my family and I left GTA and reached Gananoque around 8 pm on Friday. We booked a hotel so that we could go around or take boats the day after and also go to border overnight.

We reached 1000 island bridge around 10:30 pm (paid the toll fee) , there was only 1 lane processing and only 3 cars ahead of us. We got to US border at 10:40 pm, told the officer we are there for flagpole. He kindly guided us to park the car for security check and we went to the building. They asked the main applicant a few questions and prepared docs in 20 minutes. The main thing was a paper with our names on it doing flag-pole.

Then he guided us how to return without entering US. We made a U-turn and reached the Canadian border 11:10 pm. There was one lane processing cars and we waited for 2 minutes until it was our turn. The Canadian officer checked our docs and guided us to the building to do the immigration process.

There was a very kind and helpful lady helping us do the landing. remember the following docs:

- all work/study/residence permits
- passports
- COPR
- prepare Proof of fund (just in case)

She processed everything and we left around 11:45 pm, overall 20 minutes (5 minutes per passport)

Definitely much easier than Naigara and we enjoyed our next day stay in Gananoque.

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi,

I am having a question on landing here, can i do it everyday or is it only possible for Tuesday to Thursday?

Please let me know

Thanks

relyn412

Sep 25, 2019
Hi guys, I'm asking this for my friend. It's really important for her.

She already submit the online PGWP application through CIC back to August. Can she still do the flagpole in this scenario? Lets say if she gets the permit, she could probably withdraw her application and request the refund from CIC. Does it sounds doable?

The reason she wants to do this is she had 2 semesters part time showing on the transcript (but later on she overlapped courses so she finish her degree before study permit expired), at this point, she doesn't wanna wait while doing nothing till November (PGUP processing time is 3 months-4 months). Even though she get rejected by the border officer, she can still have the chance get approval from CIC, is it correct?

Shah_140

May 27, 2019
Is anyone going to Niagara or Thousand Island for flagpoling on this Wed/Thursday? I also want to join and can pay the share.

mahakarsha

Mar 12, 2019
Guyz, need the day and time for thousand island bridge. What are the days and time in a week they are open to validate COPR?

parry2040

Jun 19, 2019
Guyz, need the day and time for thousand island bridge. What are the days and time in a week they are open to validate COPR?
I was looking to go there as well.
Also according to previous posts its open till late.
But, would loved if someone told us some more exact details.

parry2040

Jun 19, 2019
Hey guys- I wanted to check if there is anyone here who had a prior visa refusal, and when asked about a denied entry at the landing interview, do they mean visa refusals too or just denied/refused entry at the entry port? I just want to make sure I provide an accurate answer, I can check with the the concerned agent too anyways. The specific details are already added in the application.
Hey I am in the same boat and I will be going to do flag polling soon.
What did u answer them to the officer or at the interview regarding the previous denied entry to canada?
Thanks