+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience! Moved from US - Landed in B.C (May 2021)

kotharis05

May 7, 2020
Hello All,

I wanted to give you a quick summary of our landing experience.
Me, my husband and our fur baby drove from US to Canada (Blain, port of entry)
Exported our car from US customs - they checked the paperwork and quickly checked our car, stamped our title and that's it.
Drove to the Canadian border: Officer was very nice and welcoming!
Asked for our passports, COPR, ArriveCAN confirmation, COVID negative test results, quarantine plans, asked if we were importing our car, handed us COVID testing kits -2 for each person and then asked us why moving here and all other standard questions. After that he gave us a yellow slip and asked us to drive towards the main office and to the assigned counter.
The officer who did rest of our paperwork was super nice as well. He took our passports, COPR, car title (for importing the car to Canada), and goods to take and goods to follow forms. We had all our paperworks nicely organized and completed before we got to the border so that helped. He asked us to just hang outside since we also had our puppy with us and he said he'll come find us when it's done. There were only couple other people in the office but i think we were the only ones who landed that day as PR and was settling. It took about 2-2.5 hrs for everything and then we were on our way to our Airbnb for quarantining.
They are pretty strict about the 14 day quarantine rule. We had to check in through ArriveCAN app everyday, you have to get tested on day 8 via video call and they do random drop-in to check on you at the address you provide them at the border.

Hope this was helpful :)
Good luck!

brboswell

Jun 10, 2021
Hello All,

I wanted to give you a quick summary of our landing experience.
Me, my husband and our fur baby drove from US to Canada (Blain, port of entry)
Exported our car from US customs - they checked the paperwork and quickly checked our car, stamped our title and that's it.
Drove to the Canadian border: Officer was very nice and welcoming!
Asked for our passports, COPR, ArriveCAN confirmation, COVID negative test results, quarantine plans, asked if we were importing our car, handed us COVID testing kits -2 for each person and then asked us why moving here and all other standard questions. After that he gave us a yellow slip and asked us to drive towards the main office and to the assigned counter.
The officer who did rest of our paperwork was super nice as well. He took our passports, COPR, car title (for importing the car to Canada), and goods to take and goods to follow forms. We had all our paperworks nicely organized and completed before we got to the border so that helped. He asked us to just hang outside since we also had our puppy with us and he said he'll come find us when it's done. There were only couple other people in the office but i think we were the only ones who landed that day as PR and was settling. It took about 2-2.5 hrs for everything and then we were on our way to our Airbnb for quarantining.
They are pretty strict about the 14 day quarantine rule. We had to check in through ArriveCAN app everyday, you have to get tested on day 8 via video call and they do random drop-in to check on you at the address you provide them at the border.

Hope this was helpful :)
Good luck!
This is a great summary - Thanks! We had a simil experience in early 2020 before the pandemic. We had some Dr appointments in the US so we have to travel through the Blaine border soon. Please let us know the details of your Covid tests. We’re unsure about when the 72 hour period begins. Is when the test is taken or when you get the results? Where did you get your test done? Thanks for any info you can provide.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is a great summary - Thanks! We had a simil experience in early 2020 before the pandemic. We had some Dr appointments in the US so we have to travel through the Blaine border soon. Please let us know the details of your Covid tests. We’re unsure about when the 72 hour period begins. Is when the test is taken or when you get the results? Where did you get your test done? Thanks for any info you can provide.
72 hours starts when you take the test.