+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience @ LANSDOWNE

Jan 11, 2020
Did landing on Saturday morning at Lansdowne bridge, around noon. It's a short wait of about 20 minutes for the landing. Did it flagpole way. Both US and Canadian officers are polite. Pleasant experience. Good luck to others!

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
If I have US Visa, Can I tell the US Officer I want to do landing but not "flagpole"? I can do U-turn myself after entering US

I don't want to leave a record like refuse entry or tell the officer everytime for PR thing

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If I have US Visa, Can I tell the US Officer I want to do landing but not "flagpole"? I can do U-turn myself after entering US

I don't want to leave a record like refuse entry or tell the officer everytime for PR thing
Tell them you're going for lunch (or shopping or whatever), and then go and actually have lunch and come back. If they ask about your status in Canada, tell them you are also doing your landing on the way back.

Obviously don't lie in response to any question.

Shmesh

Feb 18, 2020
Hi,
I'd like to share my experience in getting my PGWP at Lansdowne/1000 Islands. We went there on Saturday morning Feb 15th at 10:30 am. Nobody was waiting so I told the officer in Canada that I need to the flagpole for my PGWP. First, he said why you didn't apply online. I said I didn't want to wait. He was absolutely grumpy. Then he said your husband must accompany you in the US border, while I didn't want to take him. We had planned that he waits for me in the Canada office while I cross the border. We had the same experience when he wanted to get his PGWP in another port of entry. But the officer insisted this is a governmental building and we don't let you sit and wait here. We explained that we are Iranian citizens and an unnecessary visit to the US border is foolish as we might go through an intense security interview, especially after the rise of the tensions between Iran and the US. But he insisted so I dropped my husband in a cafe 2-3 minutes inside Canada and let him wait there. It was such a cozy place and the lady working there was a nice and helpful person. I drove to the US border and waited in the line by car for 30 minutes. Then the officer guided me to parking and they got my car keys and I went to the office. As an Iranian citizen, I expected to be interviewed. But they were absolutely nice and asked me several personal questions and took my phone and its code to investigate. I was not taken to any special room, just a nice lady came and called out my name each time for asking polite questions. I was kept waiting for 2 hours there, then left the US with a flagpole paper. The Canadian officer at the border was also grumpy. He told me you should have applied online and you have been a student and are not a disabled person not to be able to use the computer. He was so rude. He finally guided me to parking and I went in to start the process of issuing my PGWP. Fortunately, the lady officer doing my work was so nice, however, she seemed to be a beginner and it took her another 2 hours to give me my PGWP. She asked for bank statements, so I recommend everybody to take it. I know from my husband's previous experience that issuing PGWP is a 10-minute process, so I was frustrated at the end. Finally, after a 5-hour process, I had my PGWP, valid for three years, at my hand.
Generally, I recommend this border because it is not busy. But expect to see the rudest and grumpiest Canadian officers and the most polite American officers of your life here.