Regards,
AAJ

sarkhan

Aug 13, 2013
AAJ said:
Yes, I did on 24th of April...

Regards,
AAJ
Dear AAJ Can you share the landing process at Calgary Airport. Was Calgary your POE. Which flight have you taken and why. This will greatly help me in planning.

Thanks in advance

rockeysodhi

Sep 25, 2013
Dear M SAEED
i M REALLY HAPPY TO C U GETTING MR REQUEST
Sorry didnt check fr a long time
Hope ur turmoil is over soon.
I M STILL AWAITING MR
HOPE TO B WID UR STATUS SOON

Getafix

Star Member
Feb 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
08-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Passport Req..
28-07-2014
LANDED..........
31-10-2014
So i just got done reading all 86 pages, took me a while! Thanks to everyone who's posted here lot's of good information.

I'm planning on landing in Calgary later this year, probably by myself & will call my wife & son once i manage to rent a place. I have done a bachelors in hospitality & tourism management from Switzerland & wanted to know what the job prospects are like in Calgary. Would you guys recommend doing some short certificates from local colleges/universities or is it possible to land a job without Canadian education/experience?

Would you guys recommend applying for jobs while i'm outside Canada? Or will employers only consider applications from people residing in the city?

Also wanted to know what the current rental situation is like? Does demand still exceed supply or is it possible to find a place to live relatively easily now? Thanks for the help!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
http://www.provincialmoving.com/5-reasons-you-should-move-to-calgary/

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/7/13, DD Charged-29/9/13, PER - 03/12/13
AOR Received.
16/1/2014 Interview: 15-4-2014
Med's Request
22-4-2014 Passport Req:22-4-2014
Med's Done....
28-4-2014 3rd line updated: 9-05-14
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
ttrajan said:
http://www.provincialmoving.com/5-reasons-you-should-move-to-calgary/
I hope its the same at this present time !!!

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
Getafix said:
So i just got done reading all 86 pages, took me a while! Thanks to everyone who's posted here lot's of good information.

I'm planning on landing in Calgary later this year, probably by myself & will call my wife & son once i manage to rent a place. I have done a bachelors in hospitality & tourism management from Switzerland & wanted to know what the job prospects are like in Calgary. Would you guys recommend doing some short certificates from local colleges/universities or is it possible to land a job without Canadian education/experience?

Would you guys recommend applying for jobs while i'm outside Canada? Or will employers only consider applications from people residing in the city?

Also wanted to know what the current rental situation is like? Does demand still exceed supply or is it possible to find a place to live relatively easily now? Thanks for the help!
You did a great job going thru these 86 pages.

It would be greater of you if you could summarize the most important info/points for those lazy ones!!

mastfadi

May 24, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER : 13-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
19-June-2014
Med's Done....
15-July-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21-July-2014::PPR2:3-Aug-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
01-May-2015
Hi,

Me and my wife have received our Immigrant visa last month which is due to expire in July 2015 at the time when the medicals expire which basically means that I need to get there before July 2015 to get the PR card. However we are not ready to move permanently yet and want to postpone the shifting to at least 2 year from now. We are concerned now about one big factor that is what to do in case my wife gets pregnant, as we need to go for a baby now. I will mention my concerns in two parts below

1)I have read from a lot of places in these forums that if one delivers the baby in home country while having the PR for Canada, it is a long process to sponsor your baby to get the PR , I am not sure how likely the chances ate that you are denied the visa for the baby? Can you please tell me what complication are involved in having a baby and then applying for the PR /sponsoring the baby?

2)If we go to Calgary to deliver the baby, then I have the option to apply for AHCIP coverage which I get the same day I land, If we use the coverage provided by AHCIP for delivery expenses in Canada and then come back to home country for a long time (exceeding the 6 month minimum duration you should stay in Alberta in 12 months period), how likely is that the AHCIP comes after you to ask for the expenses back? I have seen only a few people in these forums who consider this a health coverage fraud and ask people to stay at least 6 months in respective provinces to avoid such instance however there is no example in this whole forum (except one from BC years back) in which anyone has been charged back considering the fact that the person has not stayed 6 months in a year to fulfill the residency obligations for provincial health coverage.
Here I am not only requesting to all of you to let me know if the provincial health care system ever came after such a person, but also please tell me if anyone has done so and never had any issues with the authorities so that I can figure out how likely can I go for this option, as delivering a baby costs alot in Canada which is difficult to afford.

Appreciate your time in replying and help me out here

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Getafix said:

Honestly. Unless it's good professional job. Do not apply from outside Canada.
my personal exp. In Canada job more through references, or through Agencey
Or once you met hiring Manager or HR face to face.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
mastfadi said:
Hi,

Me and my wife have received our Immigrant visa last month which is due to expire in July 2015 at the time when the medicals expire which basically means that I need to get there before July 2015 to get the PR card. However we are not ready to move permanently yet and want to postpone the shifting to at least 2 year from now. We are concerned now about one big factor that is what to do in case my wife gets pregnant, as we need to go for a baby now. I will mention my concerns in two parts below

1)I have read from a lot of places in these forums that if one delivers the baby in home country while having the PR for Canada, it is a long process to sponsor your baby to get the PR , I am not sure how likely the chances ate that you are denied the visa for the baby? Can you please tell me what complication are involved in having a baby and then applying for the PR /sponsoring the baby?

2)If we go to Calgary to deliver the baby, then I have the option to apply for AHCIP coverage which I get the same day I land, If we use the coverage provided by AHCIP for delivery expenses in Canada and then come back to home country for a long time (exceeding the 6 month minimum duration you should stay in Alberta in 12 months period), how likely is that the AHCIP comes after you to ask for the expenses back? I have seen only a few people in these forums who consider this a health coverage fraud and ask people to stay at least 6 months in respective provinces to avoid such instance however there is no example in this whole forum (except one from BC years back) in which anyone has been charged back considering the fact that the person has not stayed 6 months in a year to fulfill the residency obligations for provincial health coverage.
Here I am not only requesting to all of you to let me know if the provincial health care system ever came after such a person, but also please tell me if anyone has done so and never had any issues with the authorities so that I can figure out how likely can I go for this option, as delivering a baby costs alot in Canada which is difficult to afford.

Appreciate your time in replying and help me out here

Theoretically. : they will come behind you .
Practically : they won't / I never heard of any .
But please go for some legal Advice.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
faisalrumi said:
Hello Aquib,

I am faisal... i am planning to move to calgary but i hadrly have any contacts there... i spoke about this to Mitali and
she referred me to you.... can i have you email or contact no. thanks.....
Hello Bro, SWK.
You can reach me on aquibansari@yahoo.com.

Sorry was inactive on this forum since few months.

Plz Let me know how I can help you.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Suresh090782 said:
Team can some one help answering below...

Hi Aquib & Team - First of all thanks for sharing loads of info; It certainly helped.
I was wondering if you could throw some light on cost of living.
I am moving to Canada/Ottawa in a couple of months from Chennai
My salary is decided at 80k; I checked on the net and I might get $4700 - $5000 per month as my net (correct me if I am wrong)
How much will I be able to save if I am spending conservative; we are family of 3; wife and 3 yr old son.
Also is DTDC the best option to bring in extra goods?
Let me know if you can help by answering these questions

Thanks
80k. Ottawa. You should be fine. You can live same life what u can afford for INR 20 Lacs in Chennai (except Servants and house maid ) You can get mortgage 5X your base salary. With 5% to 20% down.
Can afford small SUV. And live happily.
It will be bit tough if you wanna send your children to private school but public school are good enough.

CanadianLov3

Champion Member
Sep 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
11-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with File/Application.
File Transfer...
SLU: 24-08-2015
Med's Request
InshAllah Soon
Interview........
InshAllah Waived
Aquib said:
Hello everyone,
With all yours best wishes we have landed Calgary on 18 Sep 2012 eve.

Will like to thanks this foroum for helping me time to time and making our dreams come true.

Sorry as I was disappear from this foroum since few weeks as was busy in day to days work understanding Canadian system and time with my daughter and Pregnent wife.

So now story begin :
+1, a good read.

hoping_15

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/06/2014
Doc's Request.
26/02/2015
Nomination.....
23/10/2014
AOR Received.
28/11/2015
Med's Request
23/09/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/15
Passport Req..
19/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
30/10/2015
LANDED..........
Dear seniors,

I am planning to move calgary early next year as PR. Please share yours experiences on how to land a good job? Or approximately how long it will take to get one? Does the experince of MNC/ oil & gas from India/Pakistan/Bsngladesh help to get one. I am from accounts but not Qualified. OR what sort of course help me to find a job quickly.

Thanks in advance.