+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience - Calgary Alberta

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those who use calling cards for overseas and North America, I found T-Tag provides best quality service with lowest rates. It has a North America plan for one (1) cent per month for 2,000 minutes.

http://www.ttag.ca/iloveit/4596767

If you know any other company with lowest rates but good quality, please don't forget to share with us.

Sleek Ricky

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2009
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
Med's Request
22-03-2012
Med's Done....
6-05-2012
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
1st April 2013
Re: PR Card

63 days mine took. From 1st April 2013. So relax it will surely come buddy.

betterfuture said:
Greeting and congralutions to the ones who has made steps forward in the process. Becoming a Permanent resident is really a satisfactory and comfortating feeling of achieving your main goal.good luck in the further steps.

This question is directed to the experienced ones who are still in the forum. How long did the PR card take to get on your mailbox? It's been more than 6 weeks now for mine and it hasn't been delivered yet. I checked the CIC we page and there is no sign what my actual pr card status is. what is clearly noted on the web page is that I landed and officially became a permanent resident.

I was expecting to check the PR card status on the web age but no luck on that.

thanks in advance and again my best wishes to all,

A ghost but active forum reader&writer! ( I feel not ok writing in here since my English is kind of misunderstand-able but hope it can get better along the years)

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011 Received by CIO: 13-04-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application (Overall 7.0)
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013

lukeke said:
To check status of your PR issuance you may call the Cic Call Center on:1 888 242 2100 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday if you are in Canada. As per e-case address mine also still shows my address in my home country even though I have received my PR card...so I don't think it's any cause to worry.

Best wishes!
Thank you for the support! I appreciate it!

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013

Sleek Ricky said:
63 days mine took. From 1st April 2013. So relax it will surely come buddy.
Thanks for being supportive. I am eagerly waiting for the PR Card since I got a job offer and they want me to go ASAP. But patience is still here!

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
Congratulations fellows! I've seen some of you have got your Copr or have benn requested supporting documents to mover further up the process! Keep it up and wish everything went ok with you all!

My greetings,

newincalgary

Jun 6, 2013
Hello guys - I am new in the town staying near Victoria Park Station in SE and need to go to AlNoor Halal Meat shop (5075 Falconridge Bouvelard NE 810, T3J3K9. I have travelled on the C-Train upto Saddletown in the NE so know the route but not sure if the place is close by the train station. Could anyone please help.

Mani8585

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Hi Folks,

I have a quick question, at the time of lending when immigration officer ask for ADDRESS to mail the PR card, can that address be United States address or it has to be Canada address.

If it has to be Canada address, what if someone don't have any Canada address at that time?

Thanks

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
Mani8585 said:
Hi Folks,

I have a quick question, at the time of lending when immigration officer ask for ADDRESS to mail the PR card, can that address be United States address or it has to be Canada address.

If it has to be Canada address, what if someone don't have any Canada address at that time?

Thanks
Hi Manni,

Based on my experience I can tell you that at the time of landing your are not obligated to give an address to the immigration officers if you don't have it. This address must be within Canada soil. If you don't provide him with it at the airport you can go to the website later (within the first 180 days after your landing, check the numbers of days in CIC.gov)

Hope this can help you,

Regards,

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From Marlborough LRT Station, take bus # 23

OR

From McKnight-Westwinds LRT Station, take bus # 21

You can also check https://maps.google.ca/ or http://www.calgarytransit.com/index.html for directions.

newincalgary said:
Hello guys - I am new in the town staying near Victoria Park Station in SE and need to go to AlNoor Halal Meat shop (5075 Falconridge Bouvelard NE 810, T3J3K9. I have travelled on the C-Train upto Saddletown in the NE so know the route but not sure if the place is close by the train station. Could anyone please help.

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
I would like to share with you guys mys status on the PR card. it's been 69 days and its not been delivered yet. I know it will be in the mailbox in few days but its sort of frustrating that when you need something so badly it is not at your reach. But this reminds me on the beginning of this process.

Tomorrow I will try to call CIC and let you know for further news,

Amjadbd

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
amikety said:
No, I think they would tell you that you need "Canadian experience."

Basically the same as what we were discussing in the other thread :p

If you decide to make the long trek to Canada, I would look into Canadian universities that offer online degrees and see if you could obtain a Canadian Master's degree. You could even do another MBA with a focus on marketing, sales, operations, etc. (I've been told by admissions advisors to avoid Human Resources as it's a hard field to break into and not a lot of jobs.) Of course, you have to find a way to fund this extra degree... but I think it's a good option. It could be the difference between running the drive thru at Tim Horton's and running a branch with RBC.

If you're interested to learn more, I can forward you the information for the universities I've talked to (in USA and Canada, American degrees are used in Canada with no problems).
Hi, I am planning to land this year. I am working in bank, Dubai. I request you to please provide me information related to universities for online studies accepted by Calgary companies. Thank you

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
betterfuture said:
I would like to share with you guys mys status on the PR card. it's been 69 days and its not been delivered yet. I know it will be in the mailbox in few days but its sort of frustrating that when you need something so badly it is not at your reach. But this reminds me on the beginning of this process.

Tomorrow I will try to call CIC and let you know for further news,
Hi guys,

Pr card has been delivered to my mailing address! 73 calendar days !

Amjadbd

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Aquib said:
Till now i find this place friendly.
Though I am in NE which is Asian people area .

I can say I never come across racism even in England ( if don't count 2-4 incident when shop keeper make faces while shopping or rare Driver behind me shows finger when i was new driver and done some driving mistake on road - but in India people could have start swearing ) so I can say I never felt any racism in England but Ca people are even more friendly .

I would say everyone that before even thinking of racism in western world please see places where we came from :
India - Gujarat where 1000s of women got raped & killed .
South Indian city- where we feel stranger if we go there from North india . Very well written.
Even in heart of India Mumbai where Thakre sahab want north indian to go away .
Pak- where 100s of people getting killed every day in name of Shia-Sunni or Mujahid etc .

Trust me , you wont find racism here and if you ever find any racism then that would not be equal to even a fraction of what you have already seen and experienced whole life in our Asian country .
May be I just ignore little things and silly behaviour where as other people term those as racism , if thats the case then its different thing .

There must be something in this country thats why people want to come here leaving there family and friends , and then never goes back .