12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
Harri said:
Thanks Aquib, you are a source of inspiration for all of us to move to Calgary.
Echoing my thanks once again to Aquip and Amikety, you are both very appreciated!!!

calgirl31

Jan 3, 2011
Hi Aquib,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I would like to know what clothing items I should purchase for the calgary winter weather (i.e boots, scarfs). If would help if you had website links to include.

Thanks

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Aquib said:
Hi,
Sorry I was away since few days,
Yesterday we had a baby boy in Calgary hospital.
With all your good wishes, mother and son are well and now back at home this afternoon..

I can see quite few pm in my inbox, sorry I will reply all of those in couple of days.

I do like to say that hospital staff and services are excellent (much better then Asia and even England).

Everything in hospital free due to Alberta health coverage, we choose to stay in private room after delivery and that's just 40$ a night (regardless of check in check out time).

As I check out on Sunday and admin office was close so they say that for $40 room charge they will send me bill by post and I can pay within 2 week of receiving it.

Unlike in UK, here no Medicen are free, so when we come out we needed to buy painkillers (paracetamol, ibuprofen), iron tab, and Vit D tab and drops. Which cost over $60 ( I could bring them from India for $5 or from UK $ 20) .

Services are good, one eg is nurse visited our house in eve to see everything settle and baby & mother are ok.

One more thing to mention, I got my PRC form returned saying needed to resent photos.
Can't point out what was problem as I went to prof photographer for photo when They request me those before PR issue . I will look at those in few days when got free.

I am still trying to figure out about opting into medical insurance by my employer who told me that it will cost about $90 a month for my family cover (20% deductible on claims). Is it worth ?

Again I am sorry if I didn't able to reply your PM , please do ask me any question here on,y if not personal issues as I use my iPhone to read reply most of time so it's easy to reply here instead of PM .

Many Many Congratulation Aquib, may this new baby bring all the luck and Allah's Rehmat in youy life

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquib said:
Hi,
With all your good wishes, mother and son are well and now back at home this afternoon..

I can see quite few pm in my inbox, sorry I will reply all of those in couple of days.

I do like to say that hospital staff and services are excellent (much better then Asia and even England).

Everything in hospital free due to Alberta health coverage, we choose to stay in private room after delivery and that's just 40$ a night (regardless of check in check out time).

As I check out on Sunday and admin office was close so they say that for $40 room charge they will send me bill by post and I can pay within 2 week of receiving it.

Unlike in UK, here no Medicen are free, so when we come out we needed to buy painkillers (paracetamol, ibuprofen), iron tab, and Vit D tab and drops. Which cost over $60 ( I could bring them from India for $5 or from UK $ 20) .

Services are good, one eg is nurse visited our house in eve to see everything settle and baby & mother are ok.

One more thing to mention, I got my PRC form returned saying needed to resent photos.
Can't point out what was problem as I went to prof photographer for photo when They request me those before PR issue . I will look at those in few days when got free.

I am still trying to figure out about opting into medical insurance by my employer who told me that it will cost about $90 a month for my family cover (20% deductible on claims). Is it worth ?

Again I am sorry if I didn't able to reply your PM , please do ask me any question here on,y if not personal issues as I use my iPhone to read reply most of time so it's easy to reply here instead of PM .
Congratulations brother Aquib!!!!!

XubX

Nov 18, 2012
humsafar said:
Many Many Congratulation Aquib, may this new baby bring all the luck and Allah's Rehmat in youy life
Salam Humsafar, sorry didn't know how to contact u. I am an insurance surveyor looking to apply early next year. Can u msg me some contact info. need to clear a few things before applying. kind regards.

And Aquib many congratz brother. Hope you have a great life.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
guvcode said:
Echoing my thanks once again to Aquip and Amikety, you are both very appreciated!!!
You're welcome :)

kaleem_7

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-04-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
12-07-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
16-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2013
LANDED..........
April 28, 2013 Alhamdulillah!
Assaamualykum Aquib,

Many congratulations for being bless with a baby boy...

May Allah SWT bless him with the sucess in this world and here after and may he bring your name to the brightest!

I really appreciate the way you write the things in detail and it really help all of us who are looking forward to start a new life in Canada..

I am done with the medicals, got the Medicals Received line updated on the eCAS. Sent the PCCs and Passports along wtih RPRF fee... So, waiting for Visas to be stammped, Inshallah!

So, do remember me in your supplications brother..

Allah Hafiz.

Aquib said:
Hi,

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Raj_Hoque said:
Hi Aquib,

Hope all goes well with your wife's delivery. Just need to know is Alberta's Health Care Program Cover all the Costs of delivery? My wife shall have 34 weeks when we shall come to Canada and due in February end. My first baby was born through surgery but would that be on Normal on the 2nd one?

Please let me know as I need to decide whether I should go to ON or AB.

Regards
Razimun
Hi bro.
here Alberta health card cover everything like - dr appoinment , women clinic appoinment , Nurse appoinment , Hospital delivery/Labour ward expenses. All medicine during delivery and in hospital , all blood/urine tests etc.

It wont cover - Ambulance cost , Medicine cost pre and post delivery .
I recommend you buy/bring any antibiotics you feel you may need, also lot of Paracetomal 500 MG , Ibuprofin 400 mg tabs , vitamins , Vitamin D 400 iu drops for baby and other under 6 child , Vitamins D 1000 iu tab for u and your wife . Iron tab for your wife after delivery . These tabs cost me approx over 100 $ here .

Also bring express milk / breast pump , nipple cream ( Lanoline) etc if you think you may need them here, as thosr are unnesessary expensive here .

If you apply for GST , Low income card etc fairly quickly then you will get covered for medicine , dental and ambulance etc. but i dont know much about that and nor I applied for those yet for ourself . As I disclosed our original income for last year which was much over $45000 hence i was classed as above low income , but If anyone declaring last year overseas income 5000 or 50000 , ca govt will never cross check or ask for paperwork in first year for landed immigrant.
Sometime i do feel that wouldnt it be better if i just declare my last year income as under 25000$ , i would be better off. But allah knows best .

As much I know Ontario got 90 days weight period and BC got 2-3 month weight period.
Qubec do got Weight period but for pregnant lady they cover from first day.

Not 100% sure but manitoba , Sktchwan also cover from first day .

They say if you land and get free medical / Maternity benifits etc in one state and then move to other prov before 6 month then they will follow you , but I feel 90% chance they they dont even bother where you going unless to go and tell them that you land Alberta just for medical benifits. But trust me once you stayed couple of month in Albetra , you wont feel like to go to Ontario (unless you got very close family ties there). You will come across many Ontarians who moved to Ab and after listning there experience you will prefer staying here .

Its 2:07 am here and I am half sleeping and wants to take couple of hour nap before my baby wakes up . So good nite friends and please forgive if I am not replying your ques / PM on time .

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
XubX said:
Salam Humsafar, sorry didn't know how to contact u. I am an insurance surveyor looking to apply early next year. Can u msg me some contact info. need to clear a few things before applying. kind regards.

And Aquib many congratz brother. Hope you have a great life.
Dear Xubux you can pm me, I will try to reply you questions as per my experience and to the best of my knowledge. where r u located ?

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
I recommend you buy/bring any antibiotics you feel you may need,
also lot of Paracetomal 500 MG as it cost $ 6 for 100 tabs ,
Ibuprofen 400 mg tabs which cost me $ 8 for 100 tabs ,
vitamins ,
Vitamin D 400 iu drops for baby cost approx $ 16 for 90 drop bottle .
and other under 6 child Vit D 400 IU cost $ 12 for 200 ml / approx 70 dose ,
Vitamins D 1000 iu tab for u and your wife cost me $ 10 for 350 tabs .
. Iron tab for your wife after delivery which cost me $ 8 for 200 tab .
Lanonine cream tube $ 18.
Zinc castor nappy rashes cream (Sudocream ) $ 13 .

These all cost me approx over 100 $ here .

Which could be well under 30$ in India /Pak .even less then £ 40 in UK .

Also bring some Calpol/ Crocin (paracetomal ) , ibuprofen, and benendryl cough syrup for your childern .
If you bring 2-4 bottle each having long expiry , it will cost you under $ 5 total for all 7-10 bottle which is here $ 7-15$ each .

(Note to couple of critics > these are my personal experience and views , please ignore them if you fell that these are incorrect. Plz dont send me any PM saying BS things , I was really pissed up with few mgs in past you send me . i never ask you to trust me or believe me , if you feel I am bluffing then please dont read this thread - instead of reading and then Just PM ing me . I am active as I got lot of help and info during my application processing from this foroum and I feel happy to help other members by sharing my experience).

hussey16

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Sydney Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
DEC 2012
Hi friends

Which is the cheapest unlimited plan to any mobile or landline with 4G NETWORK and Internet ???

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
hussey16 said:
Hi friends

Which is the cheapest unlimited plan to any mobile or landline with 4G NETWORK and Internet ???
If you wanna buy with phone then look no further then mobilicity. If you dont want to pay for phone then wind . And if you got your own phone then Let me know what best as i still trying to figure out , i am with chatter and speakout atm .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
calgirl31 said:
Hi Aquib,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I would like to know what clothing items I should purchase for the calgary winter weather (i.e boots, scarfs). If would help if you had website links to include.

Thanks
Hi ,
For calgary winter shoe - you can get from calgary itself. I bought from zellers as its got on sale .
But if ypu got heavy woodland type (even non branded) shoe that would be ok .

Do bring scarf , tharmo wear inners , glowes (thick ones with double or more materials) , heavey jacktes .

When you planning to land ?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
hussey16 said:
Hi friends

I got a phone as a gift - my husband got an iPhone 5 so I got his iPhone 3GS. It was locked to Telus so I have Telus.... Yay?

I had to buy a new SIM card for $10 to use the phone. Very annoying. However, Telus did away with their activation fees, so I saved $10 off the top.

It's $65/month for Unlimited texting and incoming calls in Canada and the USA. I get 200 outgoing minutes. I also get ten "top numbers" that get unlimited calling all the time. (Must be Canadian numbers...according to them.) Free nights and weekends too. I rarely talk on the phone, so this works great for me. I could add international texting or calling, but I have no need. I have smartphone app called Pinger for international texting and it's free.

One word of advice - avoid Virgin Mobile. Their customer service center is awful. I had to call them once and the employees continually lied to me, including the manager.