Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
You could prolly sell it to someone in this thread ;)

My brothers all have androids - Samsung galaxy. They love that phone. The baby brother also got a Lumia Windows phone and he loves that too.

I only use the iPhone because it was free.

rawlin4bbhh

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have Samsung S Duos 7562 Android V 4. I hope that will work & I can get cheapest pre paid deals on that ???

Regards
Rawlin

Aquib said:
Hi Amitkey ,
Yup wind mobile you can get free phone on 3 year unofficial term but if you going for windrab then better is mobilecity , there you need to pay for phone upfront but plan ate cheap and better. Unfortunately those dont work on iphone . I am consedring to sell my iphone 4S and get mobilecity android insttead as cant pay 60+ $ on other plans .

rawlin4bbhh

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what do u mean by prolly ???
is it probably ?

amikety said:

My brothers all have androids - Samsung galaxy. They love that phone. The baby brother also got a Lumia Windows phone and he loves that too.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
rawlin4bbhh said:
what do u mean by prolly ???
is it probably ?
Yes, prolly is shorthand for probably.

Canadian companies seem to like to run their cell phones on different megahertzs than other countries. Hopefully your phone will work, but it may not.

hussey16

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Sydney Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
DEC 2012
I use iPhone 5 unlocked I am ready to spend 30-50$ monthly but I need Internet to b fast and good coverage around Dalhousie since I am new am looking for prepaid offers later on contract

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
amikety said:

To be honest its hard for me to switch to anything from iphone .
It not just a phone , its iphone. For phone i can do with spare cheap handset with 25$ monthly unlimited plan. But for data and app i cant look away from iphone .
It last 6 year its my 4th model and 7 th handset (used 2, 3Gs , 4 and 4s) all 4 except 3 and 5. And definately getting 6 next year. For me iphone is imp as i my and wife 4S ,our ipads, macbook air , mac , time capsule and apple tv , printer etc all link with each other .
On top over 6 year i have spend over £600 ($ 900) on apps and games which always stays on apple id even if you change iphone so I love to stick with it . speakout sim do give me unlimited internet data for £10 .

I thought few time to sell my iphone when got pissed by keeping 2 mobile same time , i for call one for data. But then think about what i getting and what i loosing , making my mind changed and sticking me with my iphone .

hussey16

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Sydney Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
DEC 2012
Same here I already invest on apple so can't think beyond apple it's says ....WHEN YOU ARE MAC YOU CAN'T GO BACK .... I have just gone through online survey people rate telus the best coverage in Canada . Since in Australia I use Telsrta it's world fastest Internet in world they are current record holder in Guinness book. So I m looking for something similar Looking for 2-3gb per month plz let me know bro if there is anything around n inshallah soon will b landing in Calgary

Which bank is good n doesn't charge monthly fee???

frendzpz

Aug 30, 2011
salam brother
myself zuber
Congrates for being father,we got PR visa and coming there in april 2013, i have confusion regarding cellphone that i have samsung galaxy s2 from india.Will this work in canada?
Whats ur opinion regarding this?
another one is regarding surviaval job.as i m pharmacist and myspouse is physioyherapist,
can u focus on luggage to carry things?
to be honestly im reading ur thread three to five times a day.i m just corious to know that what will be the next new thing u write,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hussey16 said:
WHEN YOU ARE MAC YOU CAN'T GO BACK
Why are you saying that? I can always switch to use PC if I cannot use some internet banking websites and their attachment on Macs.

For no monthly fee bank accounts, you can try PC Financial.

bafh

Aug 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-March 2010
File Transfer...
20-12-2012
Med's Request
20-4-2012
Med's Done....
15-5-2012
Passport Req..
16-10-2012 submit in 2-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2012
LANDED..........
Dec.Calgary
Hi friends
I Book a flight to Calgary on 15 Jan 2013 with 4 family members ,Now- by the net sites- I'm looking for a flat to rent for the first month before landing , please friends who have a previous experience and could advise me????

rgards

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
frendzpz said:
salam brother
myself zuber
Congrates for being father,we got PR visa and coming there in april 2013, i have confusion regarding cellphone that i have samsung galaxy s2 from india.Will this work in canada?
Whats ur opinion regarding this?
another one is regarding surviaval job.as i m pharmacist and myspouse is physioyherapist,
can u focus on luggage to carry things?
to be honestly im reading ur thread three to five times a day.i m just corious to know that what will be the next new thing u write,
WKAS Zuber bhai ,
Thanks for your wishes .
Congralts mate . Hope to see you soon .
Both of your occupation are in demand here though you need to take licence as they are regulated occupations here in Ca.
I have IM you my number. Plz fell free to call if any personal question , else just ask in foroum so other can get benifitted too .
Go to website http://www.canadabenefits.gc.ca/
Friend your galaxy S2 will work fine here but i suggest you to sell your S2 if you can get good rate there and buy CDMA mobile here , though it will cost you some money in start but save you lot as only CDMA plans are good and cheap .
CDMA plan for 25$ is even better then most of GSM plan for 70 $ per month .

Is your wife is experienced PhysioThP. Or she just clear her degree . MPh or BPh.

Hope you already booked your tickets.
Now enquire about excess luggage or cargo .

Do you have childerns ?

Stock all MEDICINES try to get new stock with expirry date 2015 or later so best buy a week before you leave .
As you coming from India and if you landing Calgary then do let me know if you bring couple of herbal medicne for me too. .
Btw I already mention name of few general medicine which may be best to bring from India few days ago in this thread.

Get you driving licence extrat from RTO. Also get International DL issue from you RTO which help you drive car for few months.

Which city you from ? Do you have some relatives/friend in Calgary . ? Btw where you landing Calgary or Toronto ?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
hussey16 said:
Same here I already invest on apple so can't think beyond apple it's says ....WHEN YOU ARE MAC YOU CAN'T GO BACK .... I have just gone through online survey people rate telus the best coverage in Canada . Since in Australia I use Telsrta it's world fastest Internet in world they are current record holder in Guinness book. So I m looking for something similar Looking for 2-3gb per month plz let me know bro if there is anything around n inshallah soon will b landing in Calgary

Which bank is good n doesn't charge monthly fee???
I'm on Telus 1G unlimited texting and incoming calls, free nights and weekends - $65. You can buy more GB for $10/month.

I don't pay a fee with my bank for usage. It's with BMO, but you have to sign up for the Sobey's account. Do not go to BMO. Go to Sobey's and get the phamplet first, then sign up.

Calgary First Finacial also adverts free banking, but I've never looked at it.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
amikety said:
I'm on Telus 1G unlimited texting and incoming calls, free nights and weekends - $65. You can buy more GB for $10/month.

I don't pay a fee with my bank for usage. It's with BMO, but you have to sign up for the Sobey's account. Do not go to BMO. Go to Sobey's and get the phamplet first, then sign up.

Bank of Alberta offer free bank acc for 1 year to all customer (in promotion last week )

Bank of montreal offer free 1 year banking to new immigrant.

RBC offer 1000$ CC and free 6 month banking and free small locker safety box for 1 year to new immigrant who within landed 3 year - welcome to ca account .

Scotia bank offer free 1 year banking , free safety locker and 1000 $ CC etc to new immigrent who landed in last 3 year , also offer car finance and mortage .
(Account name - startright)
(I have already mention these things couple of months ago in this thread when i open my own bank account )

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
amikety said:

Hi amieky ,
I need home broadband
Which will be best - i looking for unlimited data (min 500 GB a month- as i download lot of things , netflix and online movies , lots of apps download ) speed anything over 30 mbbs .

Not intrested much in home phone and tv package (unless real cheap )
Any suggestion ?? Please post me link of any deals you know ?

Budgt in mind 25$ a month. Lets see how much it will cost me