+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience - Calgary Alberta

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
canadaforall said:
Thanks for the information. Yes it would have been a good idea. I am from humanities background so i will start from the base of health care so as to move up and looking towards social service or social work. I prefer social service or work.

I also got an injury at the work place today i do not know how it is done here. I was taken to the hospital , but i ended up buying the drugs. i do not how it has to be done i am working for an agency.

please help if you have any idea of what i have to do.

Thanks.
Sorry to hear about your injury.

I am not 100% sure but I believe as you got that injury at your work it should be covered by WCB Alberta .Not sure about drugs but all other expenses should be reimbursed to you.Have you informed your employer about your injury ?

You will need to complete some paper work for WCB ,it will take some time but once its done it will cover all your injury related expenses.

http://www.wcb.ab.ca/workers/

Good luck anf get well soon!

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
newcomer said:
Sorry to hear about your injury.

I am not 100% sure but I believe as you got that injury at your work it should be covered by WCB Alberta .Not sure about drugs but all other expenses should be reimbursed to you.Have you informed your employer about your injury ?

You will need to complete some paper work for WCB ,it will take some time but once its done it will cover all your injury related expenses.

http://www.wcb.ab.ca/workers/

Good luck anf get well soon!

Thanks newcomer, yes all forms were filled up and i was taken to prime care. the problem now is i was working for an agency, so not quiet sure of what next. The doctor has asked filled a form and modified my job duties and sent to the agency so they will look for me another job.
let me wait and see what happens. I have bought the drugs myself.

waiting to see what happens next.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
reddevil7281 said:
Some rain is good :) ask us.

http://www.pafso-apase.com/news_releases.php?newsID=151

Industry standards would probably mean the equivalent of diplomats as per this report. So your assumption was correct, similar government workers. Harper ordering back to work forces the strikes to stop? I was reading about more walkouts including London office, is this big news?

1 million on top of a million, wow. After you quoted that, I feel have read that somewhere, maybe when reading about the Stampede. Yeah, tourism and foreign students! I paid £7200 per year for tuition in London and the locals paid about £1100 that year. Big big difference, though it was a decade ago and the laws have been amended, locals pay a lot more now.

The twitter account of the minister has been baiting some people who are not fitting in the US or are disappointed there, so yes its about money.

Anyway, disappointed to read that even part time work in Calgary is not that easy. Hoping the best and wishing well to everyone there.
Yes, Harper can order government employees back to work or restrict them to rotating strikes. He did with Air Canada's employees not long ago.

Jan 12, 2013
Hi

I am landing last week of July I am not very sure really what to do with our mobile phone. Hoping that it is going to work in Alberta with no problem, if ever just get a new sim card then sorted, i really do not know. I know that we need a communication line as soon as we land but i want to do it the cheapest way as i can. Any ideas, suggestions? Thank you very much

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
HELLO EVERYONE,

Hello I am Indian and Can anyone give suggestions on areas to live in CALGARY where we can find Indians, as we are landing first time, we won't have a vehicle and thus would need the public transport and supermarket accessible, C trains, Hospital etc?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
pritishah1180 said:
HELLO EVERYONE,

Hello I am Indian and Can anyone give suggestions on areas to live in CALGARY where we can find Indians, as we are landing first time, we won't have a vehicle and thus would need the public transport and supermarket accessible, C trains, Hospital etc?
Live near Whitehorn, Falconridge, Marlborough, etc. Near Peter Lougheed and lots of immigrants of India, Pakistani, and Sihk descent/origin. There is a train station at the Marlborough Mall and Sunridge Mall, which are in that area, plus one in Whitehorn.

It's a little bit of an older area, a little more rundown, but nothing particularly wrong with it. My sister-in-law lives near there. It's one of the areas I would consider buying a house because the prices are good value for what you get.

manonquest

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Gujarat - India
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=blue][b]NDVO[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=blue][b]2132[/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=blue][b]07-06-2013[/b][/color] PER Received: [color=blue][b]27-08-2013
AOR Received.
[color=blue][b]24-10-2013[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=blue][b]Submitted with File[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=blue][b]05-12-2013[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=blue][b]19-12-2013[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=blue][b]NDVO has waived it[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=blue][b]05-12-2013[/b][/color] Passport Sent on: [color=blue][b]23-12-2013[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=red][b]02-FEB-2014 DM[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
[color=red][b]APRIL 2014[/b][/color]
I am 33 year old male, having wife of 28 yrs with a 1.5 year old son.

@amikety
Madam, I read your post on this blogs and found very helpful. I just now started process for FSWP 2013, and also planning to land in Calgary. Madam, How is the industry going on for core Mechanical engineers. Calgary i prefer most but I have filled my destination as ON, Toronto as i don't have any contact with Calgary. I have query, if i land in Calgary will it be a mis-leading information to CIC ???

@Pritishah
Madam, Please can you give me your contact details (personal e-mail)as you are belonging to same region from where I am. I just wish to develop good contact list for Calgary.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
manonquest said:
I am 33 year old male, having wife of 28 yrs with a 1.5 year old son.

@ amikety
Madam, I read your post on this blogs and found very helpful. I just now started process for FSWP 2013, and also planning to land in Calgary. Madam, How is the industry going on for core Mechanical engineers. Calgary i prefer most but I have filled my destination as ON, Toronto as i don't have any contact with Calgary. I have query, if i land in Calgary will it be a mis-leading information to CIC ???

@ Pritishah
Madam, Please can you give me your contact details (personal e-mail)as you are belonging to same region from where I am. I just wish to develop good contact list for Calgary.
As a PR, you're allowed to live and work anywhere in Canada. It is in the Charter of Rights, which is your human right's protection. You're allowed to change from Toronto to Calgary, no worries.

The biggest obstacle you will face is getting Canadian experience, education and/or certification.

In my opinion, Calgary is more favorable over Toronto for engineers. Edmonton is even better - because of the climate and cool weather, Edmonton has trouble keeping highly skilled workers. If you decide to change to Alberta, I would consider both and do some research. Even if you only start in Edmonton (even my husband hates Edmonton and he's from Canada) you get that valuable Canadian experience that can help you get a job in a slightly warmer area.

cimple

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2008
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
khans said:
Dear Aquib and Others

I got a job offer from Northern Edmonton .Right now i m in Toront and first they invite me for an interview then they offer me the job of my very own

field .Thanks to Almighty Allah ...Please remember me in your prayers.I will most likely to join them at the end of this month...

Regards

Khans
congrates. after how long you was on survival job? what do you think is your key of getting this jo

ravercwb

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
03-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
LANDED..........
Before August 2013
pinoy na bitoy said:
Hi

I am landing last week of July I am not very sure really what to do with our mobile phone. Hoping that it is going to work in Alberta with no problem, if ever just get a new sim card then sorted, i really do not know. I know that we need a communication line as soon as we land but i want to do it the cheapest way as i can. Any ideas, suggestions? Thank you very much
Give me you phone model and current carrier and I will check for you if it will work or not.

Thanks

RaverCWB

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Calgary today:

http://newsroom.calgary.ca/pr/calgary/city-of-calgary-activates-municipal-246927.aspx

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Be safe all our Calgary friends, I hope the situation calms down soon, move to the high grounds, our prayers with you all

reddevil7281

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1112 <br>ECA Docs Filed: 30-04-2013 <br>Docs Reached.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Complete.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Received..: 06-05-2013 <br>App. Sent.......: 07-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App <br><br>App Returned: 22.07.2013 (NOC mismatch)
amikety said:
Calgary today:

http://newsroom.calgary.ca/pr/calgary/city-of-calgary-activates-municipal-246927.aspx
Wishing you and everyone else in Calgary safety

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
ItsBeenLongNow said:
Be safe all our Calgary friends, I hope the situation calms down soon, move to the high grounds, our prayers with you all

Thanks very much for your kind words.

There are some communities which are located near Bow & Elbow Rivers,so people are advised to evacuate them.But, for the rest of the city its fine.

cimple

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2008
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
amikety said:
As a PR, you're allowed to live and work anywhere in Canada. It is in the Charter of Rights, which is your human right's protection. You're allowed to change from Toronto to Calgary, no worries.

The biggest obstacle you will face is getting Canadian experience, education and/or certification.

In my opinion, Calgary is more favorable over Toronto for engineers. Edmonton is even better - because of the climate and cool weather, Edmonton has trouble keeping highly skilled workers. If you decide to change to Alberta, I would consider both and do some research. Even if you only start in Edmonton (even my husband hates Edmonton and he's from Canada) you get that valuable Canadian experience that can help you get a job in a slightly warmer area.
what do you think career as health manager/public career in AB?