reddevil7281

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1112 <br>ECA Docs Filed: 30-04-2013 <br>Docs Reached.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Complete.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Received..: 06-05-2013 <br>App. Sent.......: 07-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App <br><br>App Returned: 22.07.2013 (NOC mismatch)
amikety said:
Summer has been crappy so far. Not very warm. But this is Canada.

Studies are good. Just passed my exam for Accounting. I hate accounting.

Everyone is preparing for Stampede here. The city will be a disaster for two weeks in July. I would like to go one year, but it's so expensive for just one day's ticket. Laugh at all the fake rednecks and see the horses. Wishful thinking!

The immigration thing has hit the skids. As you may know, CIC is going on strike to demand wage increases. Certain offices have already begun their strikes. I suspect Harper will issue a return to work order before too long - but for now some offices aren't moving at all. Bites for us waiting - although I completely support the workers in their rights to strike for better wages. Hopefully, the government can reach a deal with them quickly.
Oh, sorry to hear about the "summer". How about rain? Calgary is dry as you've explained previously but does it rain some of the time?

Congrats on passing your accounting exam! I used to be good with basic accounting, anyway, its done for you. No trouble now.

Read a bit about the Stampede and how it attracts so many people to Calgary, not so sure that I understand it though! Cowboys and bull fights are things that I occasionally used to watch on TV when I was a child. Does the feeling around the city turn into festival mode? and if yes, does anyone work in that time :D In Dubai we have a couple of periods marked for visitors and last year we saw a 24 hours mall opening times over the festive period. Around this time, there were estimates of 1 million visitors from Saudi Arabia alone. In a city of 2.1 million people! The hotel prices went crazy, the malls and traffic too.

Yeah, we read about the CIC strike. Hope its sorted soon and of course better pay to match industry standards is a right that needs to be given. Hope that your case gets sorted too. I'm reading that the CIO in Sydney, NS isn't affected and that's where all the new applications are at the present but eventually if this issue lingers, it will hinder a lot of people.

Anyway, wishing you some sunshine and warmer weather (exactly the opposite of what we hope for over here. 100F and above, all during the day and a LOW of 86F in the night hahahaha! No rain for about 360 days a year on average.)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Calgary is usually very dry. We've gotten a lot of rain the past month though. The rivers have been very swollen. No flooding yet, thankfully. (And no tornados either!)

The Stampede is supposedly about celebrating Calgary's "Wild West" past. I think it's an excuse for silly city slickers to put on cowboy boots and run around like this is Texas or something. (I'm very nice, I know :p) It IS a nice time to meet the country folks that come into the city with their horses and cattle for the shows. It's very busy time of year. I usually stay at home, so I'm not too swamped by it. (I dislike crowds, so it's not really my thing.)

Usually Calgary gets about 1 million visitors for the Stampede. The city is barely over 1mil itself! :eek:

I was wondering about "industry standards" last night while trying to fall asleep. What are those to a government agency? It's not like we have private companies also processing visas.........Maybe they mean to comparable government workers with similar job codes? Not entirely sure, but it made me wonder. If the strike gets in the way of too many visas (such as tourist and student) I'm sure Harper will order back to work. Tourists and Students bring in a lot of money to Canada (internation tuition anyone?) and many areas of Canada depend on tourism for survival. Yup, it's all about money....... welcome to life :p

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ItsBeenLongNow said:
Is getting survival job also not easy there in Calgary? or you are searching for your own profession? and whats ur NOC, thanks
Well maybe it is easy for others , but for me it is not very easy because i can not do any shift. i have gotten some but the shifts are late evenings and that is the time my daughter returns from school so i can not take those types of shifts. Hmmmm most of the jobs are physically demanding and i have never done this kind of jobs even in my home town. i am already here and i am bound to do them until i find something else.

I am a teacher by profession and here they are asking for Canadian experience and there is no way you can buy it from the shop, nor just get Canadian certification. Well i have sent documents for IQAS in Edmonton waiting for the Equivalency and from there i will see what to do.

Now i can see with those who use to complain, they have a right to complain, if you have to do the same job with those who have never been to school, you actually feel not happy. For me i am strong and can handle it, plus the fact that my daughter is happy so i wave any other problem and focus on the fact that she likes Canada and i believe things will change with time.

Even any little job that in other countries is just a call to get it, in Canada it is a whole big thing with resumes all over the net. So that is the main problem.

I am patient and telling myself i am new so i do not have to worry so much.

Those who are back should prepare very well before coming in, those from the USA have no problem. Their education is recognised in Canada.

At the end of the day i will succeed.

Canadaforall.

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaforall said:
Well maybe it is easy for others , but for me it is not very easy because i can not do any shift. i have gotten some but the shifts are late evenings and that is the time my daughter returns from school so i can not take those types of shifts. Hmmmm most of the jobs are physically demanding and i have never done this kind of jobs even in my home town. i am already here and i am bound to do them until i find something else.

I am a teacher by profession and here they are asking for Canadian experience and there is no way you can buy it from the shop, nor just get Canadian certification. Well i have sent documents for IQAS in Edmonton waiting for the Equivalency and from there i will see what to do.

Now i can see with those who use to complain, they have a right to complain, if you have to do the same job with those who have never been to school, you actually feel not happy. For me i am strong and can handle it, plus the fact that my daughter is happy so i wave any other problem and focus on the fact that she likes Canada and i believe things will change with time.

Even any little job that in other countries is just a call to get it, in Canada it is a whole big thing with resumes all over the net. So that is the main problem.

Those who are back should prepare very well before coming in, those from the USA have no problem. Their education is recognised in Canada.

Canadaforall.
Sure you will, Sure we will, thanks for taking the time out to reply,

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello Everyone,

can anyone tell me in calgary which area we find more Indians and specially GUJJU.

prospective

Aug 27, 2009
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2009
Doc's Request.
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
Med's Request
Oct 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
canadaforall said:

Canadaforall.
I think you have already succeeded as your daughter is happy to be in Canada. To me, what job you have and will do in future is secondary.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
canadaforall said:

Canadaforall.
Teaching is a very stuffed profession. There is already too many teachers in Canada. Just my opinion, but you may want to train for a new career.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
amikety said:
Teaching is a very stuffed profession. There is already too many teachers in Canada. Just my opinion, but you may want to train for a new career.
I would second Amikety, its really hard to get in teaching profession here,unless you have Canadian qualification/experience.

Some of the options could be as follows:

First option is to either go through the long term route =Canadian degree/diploma/certification==>>Leads to get Canadian experience,even at a junior level position initially ===>>Ultimately get a job according to your experience/qualification

OR

As advised by Amikety ,try to get train for a new or even related career i.e. Employment councellor,education management etc.However,its not easy to get into these related professions without Canadian certification ,either.

OR

If possible, try to get a volunteer position in your related profession,just for few hours a week.It might not sound very appealing to us immigrants ,but it has been proved very beneficial for many people in getting a job in their original profession.

I know someone who took CRTP at Bow Valley College ,due to this programme he got an internship/volunteer position at an organization.And due to his just 2 months volunteer position ,he got a full time permanent job right after that.

Hope that helps!

reddevil7281

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1112 <br>ECA Docs Filed: 30-04-2013 <br>Docs Reached.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Complete.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Received..: 06-05-2013 <br>App. Sent.......: 07-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App <br><br>App Returned: 22.07.2013 (NOC mismatch)
amikety said:
Calgary is usually very dry. We've gotten a lot of rain the past month though. The rivers have been very swollen. No flooding yet, thankfully. (And no tornados either!)

The Stampede is supposedly about celebrating Calgary's "Wild West" past. I think it's an excuse for silly city slickers to put on cowboy boots and run around like this is Texas or something. (I'm very nice, I know :p) It IS a nice time to meet the country folks that come into the city with their horses and cattle for the shows. It's very busy time of year. I usually stay at home, so I'm not too swamped by it. (I dislike crowds, so it's not really my thing.)

Usually Calgary gets about 1 million visitors for the Stampede. The city is barely over 1mil itself! :eek:

I was wondering about "industry standards" last night while trying to fall asleep. What are those to a government agency? It's not like we have private companies also processing visas.........Maybe they mean to comparable government workers with similar job codes? Not entirely sure, but it made me wonder. If the strike gets in the way of too many visas (such as tourist and student) I'm sure Harper will order back to work. Tourists and Students bring in a lot of money to Canada (internation tuition anyone?) and many areas of Canada depend on tourism for survival. Yup, it's all about money....... welcome to life :p
Some rain is good :) ask us.

http://www.pafso-apase.com/news_releases.php?newsID=151

Industry standards would probably mean the equivalent of diplomats as per this report. So your assumption was correct, similar government workers. Harper ordering back to work forces the strikes to stop? I was reading about more walkouts including London office, is this big news?

1 million on top of a million, wow. After you quoted that, I feel have read that somewhere, maybe when reading about the Stampede. Yeah, tourism and foreign students! I paid £7200 per year for tuition in London and the locals paid about £1100 that year. Big big difference, though it was a decade ago and the laws have been amended, locals pay a lot more now.

The twitter account of the minister has been baiting some people who are not fitting in the US or are disappointed there, so yes its about money.

Anyway, disappointed to read that even part time work in Calgary is not that easy. Hoping the best and wishing well to everyone there.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
prospective said:
I think you have already succeeded as your daughter is happy to be in Canada. To me, what job you have and will do in future is secondary.
Hi Prospective,
Thanks for the compliment, yes i am so happy for her and i am certain all will be fine.
Unfortunately i had an injury at work today and had to go through a lot of paper work.

I do not know what to do, i was working for an agency.

Since i am new and do not know what to do i have to try to ask friends what i have to do.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ItsBeenLongNow said:
Sure you will, Sure we will, thanks for taking the time out to reply,
Hi Itsbeenlongnow,
yes we will succeed, i have told myself, if i can succeed in a country where they have their own language, and i had to learn it and succeeded, then here should be easy , because i speak English nd French.

Lets just keep the spirit as we have been doing.

All will be fine and we will sit back and enjoy and relax.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Canadaforal.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
amikety said:
Hi Amikety,
Thanks for the advise. I have applied for a course at one fo the colleges. It is a 4 months course and i am doing a health care aide and after the 4 months i might work a little and make myself stable with looking at different options.

I plan to stay in the health care and social services as i have a masters Degree in Intercultural Studies Communication and Administration. I speak English, french and Chinese.

Please Amikety could you advise me on something or any suggestion?

Thanks and waiting.

Canadaforall.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
canadaforall said:
Hi Amikety,
Thanks for the advise. I have applied for a course at one fo the colleges. It is a 4 months course and i am doing a health care aide and after the 4 months i might work a little and make myself stable with looking at different options.

I plan to stay in the health care and social services as i have a masters Degree in Intercultural Studies Communication and Administration. I speak English, french and Chinese.

Please Amikety could you advise me on something or any suggestion?

Thanks and waiting.

Canadaforall.
Although I am not amikety,still would like to suggest .

If you are interested in any healthcare related field,how about Health Information Management .SAIT offers a two years diploma programme in that field.Graduates are in HIGH demand and average wage is 38.55$ per hour.The programme is little longer in duration but worth taking it ,as it leads to a relatively secure job.

All the best.

http://alis.alberta.ca/occinfo/Content/RequestAction.asp?aspAction=GetHTMLProfile&format=html&OCCPRO_ID=71002536

http://www.sait.ca/programs-and-courses/full-time-studies/diplomas/health-information-management-course-overview.php

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
newcomer said:
Although I am not amikety,still would like to suggest .

If you are interested in any healthcare related field,how about Health Information Management .SAIT offers a two years diploma programme in that field.Graduates are in HIGH demand and average wage is 38.55$ per hour.The programme is little longer in duration but worth taking it ,as it leads to a relatively secure job.

All the best.

http://alis.alberta.ca/occinfo/Content/RequestAction.asp?aspAction=GetHTMLProfile&format=html&OCCPRO_ID=71002536

http://www.sait.ca/programs-and-courses/full-time-studies/diplomas/health-information-management-course-overview.php

Thanks for the information. Yes it would have been a good idea. I am from humanities background so i will start from the base of health care so as to move up and looking towards social service or social work. I prefer social service or work.

I also got an injury at the work place today i do not know how it is done here. I was taken to the hospital , but i ended up buying the drugs. i do not how it has to be done i am working for an agency.

please help if you have any idea of what i have to do.

Thanks.