IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
My Wife has asked me a question and I want to ask you guys who are already in Canada.
How does the laundry works there, Do you have to own a washing machine, or do you have a combined washing machine which many people can share, or do you have a washing machine in which you can put coins, put your own detergent and wash the cloths, so how does it actually work if you are living in;
1 - A basement of a House
2 - In an apartment in a building having various apartments

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
humsafar said:
My Wife has asked me a question and I want to ask you guys who are already in Canada.
How does the laundry works there, Do you have to own a washing machine, or do you have a combined washing machine which many people can share, or do you have a washing machine in which you can put coins, put your own detergent and wash the cloths, so how does it actually work if you are living in;
It changes from building to building. Some are shared, some are in your own unit, some use coins, and some are free (included with rent). I have a small front loading washer and dryer in my unit (part of a house). It's included with rent, no sharing. I prefer this way, because it keeps the units separate. No need for fire doors to keep the building legal.

Apartments most often have a laundry room where people share, but not always. Many have their own washer/dryer inside the apartment.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
humsafar said:
In condos normally they have common room where they have 4-8 machines. All you need to pay $1 per use.

In houses there is seperate washing machines. But if you renting basement then it may be seperate or shared with landlord.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
amikety said:
Quick translation:

The wages shown on PayScale are gross wages. That means before tax.

$20 per hour is roughly $40,000 per year.

$30 per hour is roughtly $60,000 per year.

So a job advertizing $41,900 is probably paying around $21 dollars a year. Taxes and benefits can remove 25-40% of your salary. My husband has insane benefits and he brings home 63% of his salary.
For 50k package i get just 3200 in 4 week. After 6 month when i will entitled gor company pension and medical then further 300$ will be deducted.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
ashique_tas said:
Landing experience at Calgary Intl Airport

Hello all, I just landed at Calgary on BD time 5th Feb 3.30 A.M. First of all, I would like to thanks to Almighty Allah for granting me visa at this land of opportunities.I started from Zia intl airport on 3rd Feb.My flight was Emirates.Please make sure that you are carrying the exact or somewhat pretty close to your weight allowance. I dont know about other airlines.But Emirates is very strict with weight allowance. They will charge you for the extra weight of your luggage.When i first enter into Dhk airport please make sure you weight your luggage & if it is ok then just wrap your luggage from the luggage wrapping counter beside gate 1 of Terminal 1.They will charge you 300 tk/bag. Its really worthy enough cause while transferring luggage the airlines used to throw out your luggage. so if it is wrapped then there is less possibility of being theft or lost. After getting boarding pass I went to the immigration.then after finishing that procedure i went to the lounge.Before entering into that lounge, you have to go through a scanning of everything you hold.at this point they may check sometimes your amount of money.Although they didn't check me out.but its done on random basis.But you should be aware before such incident take place. Now a days I heard that they are making queries about the fund you are going with. Again I am saying i have heard those from different guys over there. Sometimes, if they found anyone is carrying more than 5000$ they are taking the rest of the money.I am not sure although!! First I went to dubai but the transit time was very limited. so i didnt get any chances to roam over there. From Dubai, I flew through Airbus A380.!! Phew!! WHat a plane!! It was awesome..after 9 hours journey i reached to Heathrow.i want to mention here that before starting for your landing at Canada just gather some few dollars or pounds for the transit stations. The stop over time was 5 hours at Heathrow. But i couldn't eat anything over there as I didnt have the change. Plus I couldn't find any money exchange to make my 100 dollar note into smaller one. Although money exchange was there but heathrow was so big that i couldnt find the exchange over there. As i was worried about getting lost over there.Then i took Air Canada from heathrow. it was also 9 and half hours journey probably. I want to mention here that just make sure all your boarding passes will remain at same place.Because in every airport they will search for your remain boarding passes.its common everywhere. When I landed at Calgary, the newly landed peoples line wasn't so big.Immigration dept just saw my papers then forwarded me to the CBSA (Canada Border service Agency) for real immigration process. they asked me a lot of questions regarding my aunt staying at canada,my job at BD,my educational background.Then they asked me is my wife is gonna come to the next flight to Calgary..That was just to make you nervous..I humbly told them that i am unmarried so there is no wife is gonna come out from the next flight..Be prepared about your file. you have to sign three places at your respective COPR.Make sure after signing they are giving you the 3RD Part of your COPR..Its really important for your applying SIN,Health Card & other docs.They gave me 2nd page in lieu of 3rd Page.When I went to service Canada for applying SIN Card they told me that immigration dept gave me the wrong page.so i have to hurry again to the airport for getting the right page..Today is my 3rd day at Calgary. After one hour i will go to Service Canada for applying SIN Card. Just pray for me.I bought ChatR Sim card as they wont give you the post untill and unless you do own a credit card. ChatR service is good and its prepaid..Hope the landing story will help you guys to some extent. if any more information is required i will be there to answer your queries..Take care and Pray for me...
Congralts bro.
Let me know if you need any help

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
ramzy2277 said:
mythestic
i need more clarification in one issue..
suppose i finish landing process in Toronto must i apply health card & sin card ,in Toronto POE or i can apply it in Calgary ..as i am planning to stay in Toronto around a week then proceed to Calgary after that ...

and if i apply in Toronto should i wait for 3 month then move ....and in case i can apply from Calgary can i be covered health care wise starting from application time or i should wait..
my relative are in Calgary i want to receive my PR card on with Calgary address ..

thnx

Try not to apply for sin and health coverage nor bank acc at Ontario then you can get all of them in Alberta. Just let immigration officer know that calgary will be your final destination.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
ramzy2277 said:
Thx one more for the info amikety,

In our house here in abu dhabi we bought a baby craddle with adjustable level as baby grows,it can be used up to the age of 3 ,i might take it to canada but that comes at a later stage, for now i have to bring my wife and baby for our first landing ,.........but u raised very important info about babies traveling long distances,especially i will land at toronto intially then take domestic flight to calgary.....so i am thinking of staying in toronto for few days before moving to calgary.....by the way ....is there a train between toronto and calgary.....thats sounds interesting to see more landscapes.....u have any idea how much is the train ticket and the travel duration.

Regards.
For sure there is no train (excepts local trains ) in Calgary. Nearest train starion is Edmondton (4-5 hours drive ).
Its shame

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Canada_2012 said:
Very nice post. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Can you please let me know how did you bring your savings from UK to Canada ?
If you happy with online banking then once you arrive here just transfer wire to your Ca bank account. Easiest. But you need to let bank know that you will moving Ca. If in case they need to contact you.
Other option to get Bank draft payable in Ca.
Of get thomas cook travel mastercard in Ca dollers from UK.
So everytime you withdraw $1000 it cost you 3.5$ fee in Ca. Plus you can you for shoffing without any chArges in Ca. Not even exchange fee as your fund will be in Ca $.
I use both option .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
an74 said:
Try American Airlines or British airway they run direct flight to calgary if u route via London Heathrow
Try AIR TRANSIT .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Hi , in response to all email who landing Calgary soon.
My advice is plz pre book hotel for 3-5 days. With free airport transfer , internet and breakfast.
Its easy to sort out accomodation once you here.
Just call me once reach and I will try to share my expreance and advice.
Cant promise but even can meet you if needed any help.

ublerum

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
8-March 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-Sept-2012 (PPR 1) 26th Oct 2012( PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
7th Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Feb-March 2013 INSHALLAH
Aquib said:
My advice is plz pre book hotel for 3-5 days. With free airport transfer , internet and breakfast.

Thanks Aquib.. we are landing in Calgary on 4th March...can u please pm me your contact# so my hubby can contact u if needed.r u living in NE?

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those who are living in Calgary -
Do you know any better deal for home phone, cable and internet service? Telus and shaw is offering $88 and $99 per month respectively for three services (basic phone, internet & cable).

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U.S. Retailer Target holding Calgary job fair

http://www.660news.com/2013/02/14/u-s-retailer-target-holding-calgary-job-fair/

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
scorpion_ca said:
U.S. Retailer Target holding Calgary job fair

http://www.660news.com/2013/02/14/u-s-retailer-target-holding-calgary-job-fair/
They only hire citizens and PRs.

Tasnim

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/1/12
Doc's Request.
15/1/12
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
15/1/12
File Transfer...
27/2/12
Med's Request
23/9/12
Med's Done....
01/10/12
Interview........
Waived Insha Allah
Passport Req..
09/01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/01/2013 Alhamdulillah
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah Landed on 11 March 2013 in Toronto , Ontario
Hi Aquib....Thanks....just a quick question below :

If we dont have the address at the time of landing , are we allowed to provide address later . Whats your experience regading this . Please advise .

Many thanks

Tasnim

Aquib said: