+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience - Calgary Alberta

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquib said:
Adviser told me as i dont had any credit history but if i pay 20% they i can get mortage without problem.
But if I wait for 2 year then it will be just 5% downpayment (subject to 2.75 % one time mortage insurance fee on top)
Further he told me that if i get them my Job contract and first pay slip copy then they can get my UK credit file and able to give mortage on 5% downpayment may be i will get .5 % high intrest rate in that case .

All this I discuss with mortage advisor at RBC 2-3 week ago when I got lot of free time .

Also look at cheap houses on Attainable housing website. They even pay your 5% downpayment but thats only when you in Ca for 2 year .
Much thanks Aquib
Really appreciate your time and efforts for answering the queries

Have a good one!

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Earlyopter said:
Dear Mr Aquib, really appreciate your positivity....and it's this positive attitude of your's that the Almighty has paved all your ways and made everything easy for you :) .... specially your post on racism was very spot on ...loving this thread and wishing you a very bright and prosperous future in Canada! :) :) :) All the best!! definitely a lot of +1's for you my friend :D
Brother, did you chase LVO for update , as they can ask for PPR and RPRF anytime after couple of weeks of medical receipt to years.
Best to send them one email asking for update on your application. Sometime this could trigger processing of your file .

rawlin4bbhh

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Aquib
Send you PM couple of weeks before; can you please check & reply the same.

Regards
Rawlin

salmi105

Sep 8, 2010
Hi all, i arrived in Calgary last Friday and currently looking for an apartment or basement near an LRT, anyone with info please send me a PM.

@ Aquib: i sent you a PM too, but you did not reply yet, i hope everything is settling well with you

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
There a bunch of places for rent on 68 Ave SW near Chinook station (or ride #3 to Heritage). I'm not home or I'd go grab the phone number for you. They're through Redline property management. I think they're on the expensive side (but I'm really cheap too).

Also check www.rentfaster.ca and www.kijiji.ca. Don't give anyone cash. Pay by check, interact email transfer, or Paypal when the lease is signed. Don't sign a lease without seeing the property. Anyone claiming to be overseas is a scammer.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amikety said:
Don't give anyone cash. Pay by check, interact email transfer, or Paypal when the lease is signed. Don't sign a lease without seeing the property. Anyone claiming to be overseas is a scammer.
Not necessary. Some landlord does ask for cash only. Especially those with PR visa or work permit issued outside Canada, there are occasions that immigrants/visitors sign a lease without seeing the property. These immigrants/visitors claiming themselves to be overseas is not necessary a scammer.

Look at the Housing forum and you will notice a high volume of posters who wanted accommodation, home and a place to live before they move/visit to Canada while they were in their home country. Not all of them are scammer!

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
I replyed to both of yours PM bro

Mightyechoes

Mar 21, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
August, 2011.
File Transfer...
July, 2010
Med's Request
MARCH, 2012
Med's Done....
05 March, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:20-08-12......PPR2:08-10-2012.Ecase:DM:9-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2012
LANDED..........
december, 2012. Insha Allah
Dear AQIB AND ALL Seniors,

Well i want your guidelines seniors with regards to the flight schedules.....

I contacted 2 travel agencies and both of them are giving me 3 options..

1st Option:
LHR-DUBAI BY EMIRATES(TRANSIT 14 HRS)-(EMIRATES)-HEATHROW(UK)(TRANSIT 4 HRS)-(AIR CANADA)CALGARY ALBERTA CANADA.
BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE 2 PIECES 23KG EACH AND 7KG HAND-CARRY.
COST: 1 ADULT---118600.ONE WAY

2ND OPTION:
LHR-DUBAI BY EMIRATES(TRANSIT 14HRS)---------DUBAI--HEATHROW(UK)(TRANSIT 3 HRS)-(EMIRATES)HEATHROW(UK)---CALGARY ALBERTA CANADA BY AMERICAN AIR LINES.
BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE 1 PIECE 28KG EACH AND 7KG HAND CARRY.
COST: 1 ADULT---99600.ONE WAY

3RD OPTION:
LHR-HEATHROW(UK) BY PIA(TRANSIT 14 HRS)------HEATHROW(UK)----(AIR CANADA)-------CALGARY ALBERTA CANADA.
BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE 2 PIECES 28KG EACH AND 7KG HAND-CARRY.
COST: 1 ADULT---118000.ONE WAY

SO WHAT YA SAY ABOUT THE ABOVE MENTIONED OPTIONS......IS THERE ANY OTHER OPTION THAT YA TRIED OR ECONOMICAL?? I M LOOKING FORWARD FOR UR VALUABLE GUIDELINES FROM ALL SENIORS ESPECIALLY FROM THOSE WHO ALREADY HAD THE EXPERIENCE???

REGARDS,
MIGHTYECHOES.

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
either go for option 1 or try the forth one i.e. Qatar airways coming calgary via montreal with 2-piece allowance (28 kg each) costing something around 108-110,000. (n dont worry abt POE. it WILL REMAIN calgary-AB provided u dont take exit at montreal and mention abt the final destination at the montreal airport.)
best

Mightyechoes said:

1st Option:
LHR-DUBAI BY EMIRATES(TRANSIT 14 HRS)-(EMIRATES)-HEATHROW(UK)(TRANSIT 4 HRS)-(AIR CANADA)CALGARY ALBERTA CANADA.

2ND OPTION:
LHR-DUBAI BY EMIRATES(TRANSIT 14HRS)---------DUBAI--HEATHROW(UK)(TRANSIT 3 HRS)-(EMIRATES)HEATHROW(UK)---CALGARY ALBERTA CANADA BY AMERICAN AIR LINES.

3RD OPTION:
LHR-HEATHROW(UK) BY PIA(TRANSIT 14 HRS)------HEATHROW(UK)----(AIR CANADA)-------CALGARY ALBERTA CANADA.

SO WHAT YA SAY ABOUT THE ABOVE MENTIONED OPTIONS......IS THERE ANY OTHER OPTION THAT YA TRIED OR ECONOMICAL?? I M LOOKING FORWARD FOR UR VALUABLE GUIDELINES FROM ALL SENIORS ESPECIALLY FROM THOSE WHO ALREADY HAD THE EXPERIENCE???

REGARDS,
MIGHTYECHOES.

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say ITS A NO NO.
If u are landin in AB look for either calgary or edminton otherwise if u are 'from a scratch' kinda of a beginner, u may significantly limit ur work etc opportunities.
In my maths... preparation + opportunity = luck......so build it
Good luck!

priceless said:
How close is it to the various centres for sin, health card collection plus are there bus stations.I have a friend there that would be initially putting up with.Is this a NO NO?

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
News Release — Canada welcomes largest number of parents and grandparents in almost twenty years

Up to 35,000 parents and grandparents to be reunited with families

Mississauga, November 5, 2012
— After the first year of the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification, major progress has been made in reuniting families more quickly and reducing the backlog of Parent and Grandparent (PGP) program applications, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

The 2013 Levels Plan, which was tabled last week, includes the admission of 25,000 parents and grandparents for the second year in a row, for a total of 50,000 between this year and next. This is a 60 percent annual increase from 2010 and the highest level in nearly two decades.

The Action Plan also took immediate steps to address a backlog of PGP applications that had ballooned to approximately 165,000 applicants, with wait times stretching to an unacceptable eight years. By the end of this year, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) expects to have reduced the backlog by about 20 percent. Of the applications cleared from the backlog, the majority met the requirements of the program and have been approved.

Furthermore, there has been strong uptake of the new Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, which allows parents and grandparents to visit Canada for up to two years at a time. The Super Visa is very popular, with over 10,000 Super Visas being issued since its launch in December 2011, and the acceptance rate is high at 87 percent.

“We listened to Canadians who told us the old program with eight-year wait times just didn't work,” said Minister Kenney. “The Harper Government's actions to fix the old broken program are working. Given the popularity of the Super Visa and planned permanent admissions of 25,000 in 2013, we expect to reunite up to 35,000 parents and grandparents with their families next year. This is a significant achievement and the highest number in nearly two decades.”

On March 23, 2012, CIC launched national public consultations on the redesign of the PGP program. Minister Kenney hosted roundtables with stakeholders and public online consultations were launched. The online consultations ran until May 25, 2012, and received a total of 6,444 responses, the highest number of responses ever received by CIC through an online consultation. A detailed summary of the results of the online consultations will be available shortly on CIC's website.

For the PGP program to be sustainable, it must be redesigned to avoid future backlogs. The redesigned program must also be sensitive to fiscal constraints, bearing in mind Canada's generous public health-care system and other social benefits.

“As we work to dramatically reduce the backlog and wait times, work on the redesign of the PGP program is progressing well,” added Minister Kenney. “As promised, within the next year we expect to launch a modernized PGP program, one that ensures that future applicants are processed quickly and that the program operates on a sustainable basis.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
salmi105 said:
Hi all, i arrived in Calgary last Friday and currently looking for an apartment or basement near an LRT, anyone with info please send me a PM.

@ Aquib: i sent you a PM too, but you did not reply yet, i hope everything is settling well with you
Hi,
Did you able to sort out accomodation ?
How u doing, hope you have sorted out your Sin and Medicals .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Mightyechoes said:

1st Option:

2ND OPTION:

3RD OPTION:

REGARDS,
MIGHTYECHOES.
Try to get flight which allow you max baggage and low fair ,
Try to bring cloths, house hold/kitchen stuff etc , so check airline if they give you extra 1-2 bag for 50-80$ extra , as some airline charge low and some charge high for extra baggage .
Do bring all medicines. And food stuff etc.
Bring all garam masala , haldi, mirchi , Kali mirich, Tea , coffee , extra bed sheets , duvet covers, pillow covers , warm heavy jackets, extra mufler , glowes , etc.
Just for eg.
Dal are approx $ 4/5 per kg here. Plus when you are new here it will be hard as you need to find shop , then it's snowing here and temp is in minus so to bring stuff daily from shop you need to carry them and wait at bus stop and then walk home which is bit hard in starting or you need to waste money in taxi.

So calculate , and bring extra 23-46 Kg of food stuff if it costing you additional 50-60 $ extra for 23 kg bag . It do safe you bit money plus you won't be in hassle to do carry shopping in early days.

Also if you love your watch then get it battery change before you come here , also if you wear prescription glasses then bring 2-3 set as if you break then replacement cost approx 100$ .

Leather wallet , purse , belt etc. are expensive here so bring couple of extra,

If big boots are cheap there then bring them too as you will get 20-25 cm of snow when you arrive here on road , good shoes are available here for 40-50$ here.
If you bring packed food/grains then as you coming first time, custom won't say anything .

Also you can consider bringing your allowance of duty free cigarette as if you don't smoke then you can either sell it or gift to people here (I didn't smoke but I brought 4 cartoons of Marlborough/Benson & Hedge . Cost me approx 18$ each and I can sell them here for $50 each if I wish, though I use them for gift purpose and those cost approx $100 each here )

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Mightyechoes. , also dot forget to visit your dentist before u come canada as dentist are very expensive here.