Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2010
Doc's Request.
27-October-2010(Another Doc's Request:24-Feb-2012)
AOR Received.
27-October-2010
IELTS Request
27-October-2010
Med's Request
05-April-2012
Med's Done....
11-April-2012
You have got a first class attitude! Thumb up!
Aquib said:
Till now i find this place friendly.
Though I am in NE which is Asian people area .

I can say I never come across racism even in England ( if don't count 2-4 incident when shop keeper make faces while shopping or rare Driver behind me shows finger when i was new driver and done some driving mistake on road - but in India people could have start swearing ) so I can say I never felt any racism in England but Ca people are even more friendly .

I would say everyone that before even thinking of racism in western world please see places where we came from :
India - Gujarat where 1000s of women got raped & killed .
South Indian city- where we feel stranger if we go there from North india .
Even in heart of India Mumbai where Thakre sahab want north indian to go away .
Pak- where 100s of people getting killed every day in name of Shia-Sunni or Mujahid etc .

Trust me , you wont find racism here and if you ever find any racism then that would not be equal to even a fraction of what you have already seen and experienced whole life in our Asian country .
May be I just ignore little things and silly behaviour where as other people term those as racism , if thats the case then its different thing .

There must be something in this country thats why people want to come here leaving there family and friends , and then never goes back .

Earlyopter

Jan 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
Nomination.....
PER.12-01-2012
AOR Received.
first.04-01-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
31-7-2012
Med's Done....
28-8-12, recv by LVO 31-8-12
Passport Req..
22-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
desperately waiting!
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear Mr Aquib, really appreciate your positivity....and it's this positive attitude of your's that the Almighty has paved all your ways and made everything easy for you :) .... specially your post on racism was very spot on ...loving this thread and wishing you a very bright and prosperous future in Canada! :) :) :) All the best!! definitely a lot of +1's for you my friend :D

Harri

Feb 24, 2008
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
Med's Request
24 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
24 March 2012
Interview........
No news
Passport Req..
PPR1 7 Nov 2012, PPR2 3rd Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
14 Feb 2013, Calgary
Dear Aquib,

I wish and pray for a happy and successful life for you in Canada.
We are fortunate to have a positive minded and helping person like you. Please keep us posted and ignore the negative remarks.
I am making my mind to come to Calgary and will request you for guidance and comments. I also have no one in Calgary but I got a lot of encouragement from your posts.

khuwaja

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/10/2009
Doc's Request.
12/12/2009
Nomination.....
12/02/2010
AOR Received.
13/02/2010
Med's Done....
28/08/2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 12/10/2012 & PPR2 16/11/2012
Aquib said:
Brother , once you rent house in Calgary then you can open bank account same day. Go with bank opening letter to SIN number in afternoon and then take SIN number letter with your address on to registry in evening and they will give you health card (sorry here i mean they will registered you for health card and you will receive actual paper card in 2 week by post) but you entitled for free health services from min you register .
Take your passport and landing papers with you .

Though we took over one week to do this but this can be done on day when you got any friend postal address or rental house .

Only thing which took time is PR card , its over 20 days we applied for them and waiting. Have heard that they take 2 month . Lets c .

If you come calgary then call me whenever you need help .

I am busy as started work and then remaining time to family waiting for new baby. But we can always speak .
Thank you very much for kind gesture and information, God Bless You

khuwaja

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/10/2009
Doc's Request.
12/12/2009
Nomination.....
12/02/2010
AOR Received.
13/02/2010
Med's Done....
28/08/2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 12/10/2012 & PPR2 16/11/2012
amikety said:
Alberta Health Care:

http://www.health.alberta.ca/

Eligibility:

http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/registration-requirements.html

Immigrants:

http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/moving-to-Alberta.html

If you are moving into Alberta, you are eligible for coverage (as long as you meet the eligibility requirements such as residency) from day one. Register as soon as you get documentation and you'll get your card 1-2 weeks later.

Here is the registration form:

http://www.health.alberta.ca/documents/AHCIP-form-AHC0102.pdf

I just did this a few weeks ago (I became eligible by marriage, still waiting on PR) and it took less than five minutes!

Find a registry:

http://programs.alberta.ca/Contacts/Map.aspx?id=9745&city=Calgary
Thanks Amikety

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
News Release — An Immigration Plan that works for Canada: More immigrants who are already working in Canada to be admitted through Canadian Experience Class

Ottawa, October 31, 2012 — The Government of Canada will maintain record levels of immigration to support economic growth in 2013, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

"“Our Government's number one priority remains economic and job growth,”" said Minister Kenney. "“Newcomers bring their skills and talents, contribute to our economy and help renew our workforce so that Canada remains competitive on the world stage.”"

According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)'s 2012 Annual Report to Parliament on Immigration tabled today, CIC plans to admit a total of 240,000 to 265,000 new permanent residents in 2013, for the seventh straight year. This represents the highest sustained level of immigration in Canadian history.

In particular, the 2013 Immigration Levels Plan makes room for the rapid growth in the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). The CEC, which was created in 2008, facilitates the transition from temporary to permanent residence for those with high-skilled work experience in Canada, including international students and temporary foreign workers. Admissions under the CEC have increased from about 2,500 people in 2009 to more than 6,000 in 2011, with more expected this year than ever before. In 2013, CIC intends to accept a record high of up to 10,000 permanent residents through this popular program.

"“Immigration plays a vital role in our country's long-term prosperity,”" said Minister Kenney. "“Our 2013 Immigration Plan will build on our economic success by bringing in more of the world's top talent who already have a successful track record in Canada.”"

Every year, CIC consults with provinces, territories and public stakeholders across Canada to develop a balanced immigration plan. Besides stakeholder consultations, the Canadian public is invited to participate through online consultations on immigration levels and mix. This year, for the first time in Canadian history, CIC consulted with key Aboriginal groups.

CIC's 2013 planned admission ranges for other immigration programs will be released in the coming days.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Immigrant living in calgary can look for Calgary housing too , you can get full house from govt and they will decide your rental on based of your income , if you got low income then you need to give just $ 300 for whole house (which will be min 1500$ if you rent directly from owner )
Every year they will look your tax return and work on rent accordingly , if no job then no rent , but if you got good job then rent will increase.

It take 3-4 month for one to get house .

We had met few people who living or lived in such housing .
First we thought to fill then I decided not to go for that as I hate house shifting and I am happy in 2 BHK basement for a year and inshallah will move to our own house soon , realise that we can get small 2/3 bed townhouse for approx 200k- 250k $ which we can repay in 7/8 years and I feel that honestly i dont need subsidsed housing so i should not apply and get something which ment for someone more needful .

I feel that lot of people moaning about no jobs (esp in Alberta ) are those who unable to get skill 40k plus jobs and do not willing to work unskill $10 jobs (25000$ ) instead they happy by claiming 12000-20000 $ in name of benifets ( unemployment insurance , funded education , child benifits , housing benifit or subsidised housing , medical/bus/school/zoo/leisure/ fees waiver , house tax , water , sewere, utility bills supports etc).
Plus in order to get those they just do some cash in hand jobs making 18-20000 $ a year .

So still they earning lot but as they sealing govt taxes and claiming benifits which they not entitled by cheating system so they can never get satisfaction and hence keep moaning rest of there life .

Also yesterday one Lady from settlement visited us , she told lot about benifets which we entitled (like child benifit and gst credit ) to and also about courses and funding for new immigrents to get into there proffession. B
I will post link and details soon .
She also told that even i got job still 2013 benifit will based on 2012 income .
She given us few forms to fill and send too.

At last I do wish foroum member already in Calgary to do small get together if they think thats ok and got time .

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquib said:
Immigrant living in calgary can look for Calgary housing too , you can get full house from govt and they will decide your rental on based of your income , if you got low income then you need to give just $ 300 for whole house (which will be min 1500$ if you rent directly from owner )
Every year they will look your tax return and work on rent accordingly , if no job then no rent , but if you got good job then rent will increase.

It take 3-4 month for one to get house .

We had met few people who living or lived in such housing .
First we thought to fill then I decided not to go for that as I hate house shifting and I am happy in 2 BHK basement for a year and inshallah will move to our own house soon , realise that we can get small 2/3 bed townhouse for approx 200k- 250k $ which we can repay in 7/8 years and I feel that honestly i dont need subsidsed housing so i should not apply and get something which ment for someone more needful .

I feel that lot of people moaning about no jobs (esp in Alberta ) are those who unable to get skill 40k plus jobs and do not willing to work unskill $10 jobs (25000$ ) instead they happy by claiming 12000-20000 $ in name of benifets ( unemployment insurance , funded education , child benifits , housing benifit or subsidised housing , medical/bus/school/zoo/leisure/ fees waiver , house tax , water , sewere, utility bills supports etc).
Plus in order to get those they just do some cash in hand jobs making 18-20000 $ a year .

So still they earning lot but as they sealing govt taxes and claiming benifits which they not entitled by cheating system so they can never get satisfaction and hence keep moaning rest of there life .

Also yesterday one Lady from settlement visited us , she told lot about benifets which we entitled (like child benifit and gst credit ) to and also about courses and funding for new immigrents to get into there proffession. B
I will post link and details soon .
She also told that even i got job still 2013 benifit will based on 2012 income .
She given us few forms to fill and send too.

At last I do wish foroum member already in Calgary to do small get together if they think thats ok and got time .
Hi Aquib,
thsnkd once again, could you tell me how much down payment on s 200K apt?

thx

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItsBeenLongNow said:
Hi Aquib,

thx
Minimum 5% but the more you pay, the better for you as you will pay less interest on your mortgage.

http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/buho/

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
ItsBeenLongNow said:
Hi Aquib,

thx
Adviser told me as i dont had any credit history but if i pay 20% they i can get mortage without problem.
But if I wait for 2 year then it will be just 5% downpayment (subject to 2.75 % one time mortage insurance fee on top)
Further he told me that if i get them my Job contract and first pay slip copy then they can get my UK credit file and able to give mortage on 5% downpayment may be i will get .5 % high intrest rate in that case .

All this I discuss with mortage advisor at RBC 2-3 week ago when I got lot of free time .

Also look at cheap houses on Attainable housing website. They even pay your 5% downpayment but thats only when you in Ca for 2 year .

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
A 20% down payment will get rid if the insurance.

I wouldn't bother trying to get a mortgage until you've been at a job for at least a year. Since the housing bubble burst in the USA, Canada has tightened rules to avoid the same.

You'll also need 5-6k for closing costs and fees.

I'm all for getting together although I think some of the guys here will be shocked when they find out I'm not a "bro." :p

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Hi.....to all the calgary seniors.Would like to know if leithbridge is a good location to stay interms of proximity to various facilities, bus stations, rail/tube stations....,pls your inputs would be appreciated.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Lethbridge is not a suburb of Calgary.

It's also extremely windy year round. It's like living in a never ending wind storm.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
amikety said:
Lethbridge is not a suburb of Calgary.

It's also extremely windy year round. It's like living in a never ending wind storm.
How close is it to the various centres for sin, health card collection plus are there bus stations.I have a friend there that would be initially putting up with.Is this a NO NO?

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priceless said:
How close is it to the various centres for sin, health card collection plus are there bus stations.I have a friend there that would be initially putting up with.Is this a NO NO?
"Lethbridge is a city in the province of Alberta, Canada, and the largest city in southern Alberta. It is Alberta's fourth-largest city by population after Calgary, Edmonton and Red Deer, and the third-largest by area after Calgary and Edmonton. The nearby Canadian Rockies contribute to the city's cool summers, mild winters, and windy climate. Lethbridge lies southeast of Calgary on the Oldman River."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethbridge
http://www.lethbridge.ca/default.aspx
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/sc-dsp.cgi?rc=4860&ln=eng
http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/facilities.asp?pid=facility&rid=3312
http://www.lethbridge.ca/living-here/getting-around/Transit/Pages/default.aspx