+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experience - 17th Jan 2019 - Flagpoling - Lewiston Bridge - Took just 20 mins to become a PR

hngnn

Oct 4, 2019
To those who succeed to get CoPR by flagpoling,
How long does it take for you to receive you PR card? Did they keep you passport as well?

mahakarsha

Mar 12, 2019
Hello,

I just want to confirm the previous experiences on a precise timing. I went yesterday to the Rainbow bridge, and was back to the Canada side at noon and the officer told me the flagpoling was closed. I did not know they only accept flagpoling at 8am to 8:50am on three days. That is what the officer said. Despite explaining my case to him and how much it is critical, he denied helping. I was told to go to Windsor or Kingston ports since they are not busy. I am not sure if they have such timing in those places. I will call them to check.

I would suggest:
- call them to check the time they accept.
- manage to be there right when they asked for
- preferably choose ports other than those around Niagra Falls

Flagpoling is so stressful but if it is successful it will save a lot of time. Wish best of luck for everyone.
Can you guys suggest if I want to reach 8:05 AM on on the Canada side of the window after go around at US side, when should I hit the bridge in the morning? I am planning at Queenston Lewiston.

khoshtip10

Oct 24, 2019
Can you guys suggest if I want to reach 8:05 AM on on the Canada side of the window after go around at US side, when should I hit the bridge in the morning? I am planning at Queenston Lewiston.
As far as I understood and experienced yesterday the process at the Rainbow bridge, it is very stochastic and depends on the number of people and the US office. If they refuse you quickly it should not be taking more than 40 minutes to starting crossing the bridge and get back to the Canada side.

anni_in

Sep 4, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2013
AOR Received.
16-Jul-2013
Med's Request
31-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
7-Feb-2014 Medical received.: 17-Feb-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2014
Did our landing yesterday at Quinston-Lewiston bridge. Took us 2 hours. They asked only for CoPR docs and passports: nothing else. I wanted to give them our permits but they said they don't need it. Even the photos were lefy with us. After waiting for about 2 hours, the officer called our names, we signed the CoPR, he staoled them into our passports, congratulated and let us go.
Important: you need to reach the canadian bordr not earlier than 8 am, otherwise the officer will ask yoy to come back.
Did you enter the USA? My parents don't have USA VISA and is it must to enter the USA?

Last edited:

anni_in

Sep 4, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2013
AOR Received.
16-Jul-2013
Med's Request
31-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2014
Did you enter the USA? My parents don't have USA VISA and is it must to enter the USA?
Update. I did landing for my parents at 1000 Island bridge border. It took approximately 30 minutes on the US side. They captured all the details including fingerprints and photos of my parents and gave a yellow slip. At Canada border within 10 minutes landing was completed. It was worth driving that far.

mahakarsha

Mar 12, 2019
Update. I did landing for my parents at 1000 Island bridge border. It took approximately 30 minutes on the US side. They captured all the details including fingerprints and photos of my parents and gave a yellow slip. At Canada border within 10 minutes landing was completed. It was worth driving that far.
Can you let me know what time frame they accept PR landing on the 1000 island bridge?

Jul 9, 2019
Did our landing yesterday at Quinston-Lewiston bridge. Took us 2 hours. They asked only for CoPR docs and passports: nothing else. I wanted to give them our permits but they said they don't need it. Even the photos were lefy with us. After waiting for about 2 hours, the officer called our names, we signed the CoPR, he staoled them into our passports, congratulated and let us go.
Important: you need to reach the canadian bordr not earlier than 8 am, otherwise the officer will ask yoy to come back.
Any updates on the PR card status?

anni_in

Sep 4, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2013
AOR Received.
16-Jul-2013
Med's Request
31-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2014

Ceinwynie

Jun 26, 2019
I did a flagpole today at point Roberts, BC, it was so fast, I think the whole thing was just five minutes, including crossing the us border and going back to Canada

rv85

Nov 18, 2018
Except Niagra falls bridge..can go to other places any day in week. struggled 2 time Niagara falls bridge and was denied due to they had enough applicants for the day. If you can drive, would suggest to drive Sarnia, Windsor or 1000 island. Niagra falls bridge are too busy and mostly will return back

khoshtip10

Oct 24, 2019
Hi guys,
I managed to get my PGWP last Wednesday finally after getting denied the week before at Rainbow bridge. Here is what you have to follow if you want to hit it successfully:

1- cross the bridge such that you are back at the Canada side before 8am. Right at 8am, there is going to be a guy coming and counting the number of people lined-up there. If you have gone early enough and are lucky he will let you in otherwise he will ask those at the back to come back some time later.

2- once you are counted in, you pass the officer at the border and sit in the office and wait till get called and your application is done.

3- they prioritize applicants. So refugees are first then PR landing and last WP and SP. So if there are many WP applicants, you are screwed 'cause it will take ~6 hours to get called.

4- Whoever comes for WP and SP after 8am till 9am has some low chance to get accepted depending on the current situation. PR landing is likely till 10am. Any call after 11am will be put down by the officer in the front desk so if you are late, don't waste your time crossing. They will definitely ask you to go to other POE or come later at 5pm which I doubt will work at all.

5- If you love traveling, don't bother going to bridges around Niagra Falls. Respect yourself and drive to places like Sarnia, Windsor, 1000 island and enjoy it rather than die out of stress and irregular treatments by officers.

This is my experience since 10 days ago that I crawled the web and friends for help and information. Hope it helps later people to have a smooth transition at this stage.

Best of luck for everyone.

mahakarsha

Mar 12, 2019
Just to update you guys: Got my passport back on 1st November and landed in Landsdown bridge (1000 island) on 4th November. Here is the experience:

My wife and I, started from Mississauga on 7:15 and reached bridge entry point on 12:15 PM (with 45 mins break and Toronto traffic).
Toll to be paid: 4 CAD (no toll during coming back)
Stood on the queue for US entry with nervous hearth. There were 4 to 5 lanes open. Each having 4/5 cars in queue. After 10/12 mins, it was our turn.
We gave our passports and said we want to land for Canada PR. Then office said 'o, do u want to flagpole?'. I said 'yes'. He was very cordial and welcoming. He showed us one parking spot. We drove to the parking spot gave the car keys to another officer and she asked us to go inside the building. Inside the building had to wait no more than 2 mins. They gave us the passport and a white paper mentioning 'flagpole'. After coming out we got into the car and the officer in the parking lot showed us the 'u' turn towards Canada though it was easy enough to spot.
total time on US side: 15 mins (absolutely smooth process)

We drove toward the Canada gate (100 meters). Only one car before us. We told the office we want to land for PR. He asked if I just went to US to comeback, I said yes. He asked us to park in a spot and go inside the building. Inside the building an office took our passports and COPR. After some time he asked us to sign the COPR and congratulated us for getting PR. :) Inside the building it took 10 mins. We were the only one. Also, all the Canada officers were also extremely polite and helpful.

So, it took total 30 mins to land. Then we went to Service Canada in Kingston to get our new SIN and that place was also no waiting.

I will suggest all to go to 1000 island bridge. Drive a little more and land there. Its absolutely walk in the park. Moreover, enjoy the beauty of the island from the bridge. It looks stunning.

Reactions: CanadianDream888