+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing during Winters 2017

brindahm

May 22, 2017
Hi Folks, I would request people to share their landing experience during the winters as a new immigrant.
We are from a tropical country and I want to know if our decision of travelling during the winters and looking for job and a place to live in is right or not.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks, I would request people to share their landing experience during the winters as a new immigrant.
We are from a tropical country and I want to know if our decision of travelling during the winters and looking for job and a place to live in is right or not.
Just dress warm, snow prepared and you will be good.

If you use the search, you can find more tips.

Last edited:
Reactions: brindahm

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
If you don't have very young children, it's okay but the winter could be a shock. If you could land sooner and give your family time to adjust before the cold sets in, that would be a wiser choice. if it can't be helped, just be prepared to invest in good quality winter clothing and either buy a car for moving around or be ready to spend some good money on transportation.

brindahm

May 22, 2017
If you don't have very young children, it's okay but the winter could be a shock. If you could land sooner and give your family time to adjust before the cold sets in, that would be a wiser choice. if it can't be helped, just be prepared to invest in good quality winter clothing and either buy a car for moving around or be ready to spend some good money on transportation.
Thanks for the reply. Its just my husband and I. we dont have kids as yet. My worry is I am being told that the hiring stops post November. Is that true?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Thanks for the reply. Its just my husband and I. we dont have kids as yet. My worry is I am being told that the hiring stops post November. Is that true?
Going towards the holiday season, hiring slows down but I would not say it stops. The kind of jobs you apply to and what level also depends. The decision makers will be preparing to shut down for the year/take a vacation so naturally hiring processes will slow down. However, there will be a few organizations who will still continue with their operations and may do some hiring. The lesson here is be prepared for a slow period as per hiring, keep trying all the same and be realistic.

Reactions: brindahm