+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing confusion

SamN4

Nov 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

My partner is due to arive soon. I have found a useful checklist but I have some questions regarding it.

1. COPR (IMM 5292B)
- This is given at time of landing correct? No forms with this heading have been sent to us. All we received was a visa and a generic guide to Canada.

2. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E)
- All the questons on this form seem to pertain to those who are already permanent residents - Or is it necessary for my partner to write where they have lived, worked and studied before becoming a permanent resident in their home country?

3. Goods to Follow / Goods Accompanying List
- Where are these forms available, I cannot seem to find them?

4. Since it is a spousal visa my partner does not have to provide any evidence of funds, correct?

Thanks for any help

quakingaspen

Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Here are the forms for the Goods/Goods to Follow. What I'm not sure about is how precise you need to be in filling them out.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4a.pdf

I believe you fill out the first one, and then the second one if you need extra space. Your goods to follow should be on their own list (apart from the ones your bringing with you immediately). And if I remember correctly, you'll need two copies.

Heckler

Mar 14, 2011
Bristol, Uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-10
Passport Req..
11-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-11
LANDED..........
02-04-11
Well in my experience they don;t actually examine the goods you're bringing in!
If it's high value goods, like laptops (& in my case a bicycle worth $3000) list it on its own, with the serial number.
Other things can just be grouped together (ie. books, or clothes or whatever)
If in doubt I'd put MORE detail into the goods to follow list as these are items that most likely WILL be looked at as you have to show the stamped "goods to follow" list to avoid paying import duty.

What I would also say is thatif you have any doubts about how to fill out forms that need to be presented to the immigration officer as part of the landing process, then DON'T fill them out at all! Wait & confirm which bits you need to do with that official when you land! It's better to wait & have them tell you than to do it wrong.