+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing At Vancouver

shiv.jad

Nov 20, 2014
Hi,

Me and my husband planing to do landing in approval from LAX, USA. From the information collected I understand I have to carry-

1. Passports for both
2. COPR for both
3.PR Card Application (IMM 5444E) for both or primary???
4. Goods Accompanying/to follow (Form B4 / B4A) for both or only 1 copy will do???
5. Cash around 13000 dollars ( I have canadian bank account as well as US bank account, can i take bank statements to declare funds)??

Also we are planing to go to vancouver on a trip for a weekend and come back to USA. I can give canadian address of my friend so they can send PR card for us.
Can I get answers for question 3,4,5 and any additional precaution i need to take to have safe landing?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shiv.jad said:
Hi,

Me and my husband planing to do landing in approval from LAX, USA. From the information collected I understand I have to carry-

1. Passports for both
2. COPR for both
3.PR Card Application (IMM 5444E) for both or primary???
4. Goods Accompanying/to follow (Form B4 / B4A) for both or only 1 copy will do???
5. Cash around 13000 dollars ( I have canadian bank account as well as US bank account, can i take bank statements to declare funds)??

Also we are planing to go to vancouver on a trip for a weekend and come back to USA. I can give canadian address of my friend so they can send PR card for us.
Can I get answers for question 3,4,5 and any additional precaution i need to take to have safe landing?
1. You don't need the 5444, it will be completed on line when you "land"
2. Make a copy of the GTF
3. Yes, you can take bank statements, that will be fine.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
shiv.jad said:
What is GTF? So the 5444 will be filled automatically, i dont have to do anything on my part?
this guy means 'goods to follow' by GTF. I don't know why people like making abbreviations out of non-existent ones but typing like that is kind of a hit on this forum. Yes, PR card application will be filled automatically at landing, no need for a paper form.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jazibkg said:
this guy means 'goods to follow' by GTF. I don't know why people like making abbreviations out of non-existent ones but typing like that is kind of a hit on this forum. Yes, PR card application will be filled automatically at landing, no need for a paper form.
1. Read the guy's post. His 4th question referred to Goods accompanying and Goods to follow lists, if s/he cant figure out GTF (which has been used 1000s of time on this forum) then there is no hope.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

1. Read the guy's post. His 4th question referred to Goods accompanying and Goods to follow lists, if s/he cant figure out GTF (which has been used 1000s of time on this forum) then there is no hope.
You did realise the guy only had like 10 posts on the forum? You guys must realise not everyone is accustomed to acronyms and abbreviations used on this forum, or immigration related jargon.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jazibkg said:
You did realise the guy only had like 10 posts on the forum? You guys must realise not everyone is accustomed to acronyms and abbreviations used on this forum, or immigration related jargon.
10 post is irrelevant. OP might have been a guest reader before becoming a poster.

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
jazibkg said:
Totally with you. I have been on the forum for quite many months, regular reader, regular poster yet could not figure out what "OP" means. Yes reading the posts I understand the sense/meaning of the abbreviation, but what's the full form? Looks like some members think it's smart to just use abbreviation randomly and then blame the ones to be stupid who asks for the full form of abbreviations. Very smart indeed !!!!!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
SMCANADAVISA said:
Totally with you. I have been on the forum for quite many months, regular reader, regular poster yet could not figure out what "OP" means. Yes reading the posts I understand the sense/meaning of the abbreviation, but what's the full form? Looks like some members think it's smart to just use abbreviation randomly and then blame the ones to be stupid who asks for the full form of abbreviations. Very smart indeed !!!!!
OP means original poster.