31-07-2012
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
19-12-2012
Hi...
I have sent my Passports for PR Stamping to Detroit Office. I will get it by Jan mid, hopefully. My job with my employer in Canada is coming to end by Jan end. He has given an option to either quit or work with him in my home country. I have the option of
looking for a new job in Canada as i will get my PR by then. I am not sure how soon i will get a new job. Till i get a new job, it might be difficult to manage rentals and other expenses. I am confused here. If i go back to my home country, i will still have a job. But, will canadian employers be willing to employ us even if we are residing in our home country? Or will they expect us to be in Canada at the time of applying job/interview?
Secondly, if we decide to go back to our home country by Jan end after getting PR Stamping, within how many months should we do Landing? Is there a time frame? And if we violate, will our PR be cancelled?
Thirdly, if we do landing also before Jan end and then go back to home country, where will they mail our PR cards to? I am confused here. Can seniors pl. throw some light...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can land and leave immediately afterwards. There is no minimum stay / time frame you have to remain in Canada after landing. However to maintain your PR status, you must live in Canada two out of every five rolling years.

No - they will not mail your PR card outside of Canada. Your PR cards can only be mailed to a Canadian address. If you are not in Canada when the cards arrive, a family member or friend can mail the cards to you to your address outside of Canada.

kpadmaraman

Star Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2012
Doc's Request.
20-10-2012 (RCMP)
AOR Received.
31-07-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
31-07-2012
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
19-12-2012
Ok. I understand that its easier to do landing and then leave the country. And i will have to be in the country for 2 years for every 5 years to maintain the status.
My question is, can i give the address of a friend to CIC to mail my PR cards? Or during landing, should i tell the CIC official that i will be moving out of country and hence i will ask him to not mail out the cards.

If i ask him to not mail out the cards, what should i do to re-enter Canada?

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
kpadmaraman said:
Ok. I understand that its easier to do landing and then leave the country. And i will have to be in the country for 2 years for every 5 years to maintain the status.
My question is, can i give the address of a friend to CIC to mail my PR cards? Or during landing, should i tell the CIC official that i will be moving out of country and hence i will ask him to not mail out the cards.

If i ask him to not mail out the cards, what should i do to re-enter Canada?
If you have someone in Canada who can collect the card for you, it is fine. But if you leave Canada after landing, you need either a PR card or a one time travel document to return to Canada. So either your friend has to get the card across to you before you return to Canada or you have to apply for a travel document. Details on a one time travel document can be found in the below webpage. You can check this out.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp