+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landed yesterday smooothly

attituderockz

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
Dear friends

i have landed smoothhly in toronto yesterday and slept whole time to get up just now.iam posting this straight away

i came by jet airways..fom chennai..flight was good and nice expect cramped leg space( iam 6ft tall)

the landing formalities are very simple..dont get too much fear or confusion in landing.i tell u have will feel so hapy and hav a sense of achievement when u land in canada

they just ask for proof of funds and dont even count them. the whole process took 15 mins for me.

got lot of info on newcomers desk

now in a apartment in scarborough. tmrw planning to get sin ohip etc..and after that planning to look into some survival jobs initially

the weather is great 27 degree..and the whole city is neat and superb.

will update as and when i get good info to share

wish me luck and also i wish luck to everyone.
frends in scarborough lets network...

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
welldone.

I wish you happy stay in canada.

Canadian4U

May 12, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
attituderockz said:
Dear friends

i have landed smoothhly in toronto yesterday and slept whole time to get up just now.iam posting this straight away

i came by jet airways..fom chennai..flight was good and nice expect cramped leg space( iam 6ft tall)

the landing formalities are very simple..dont get too much fear or confusion in landing.i tell u have will feel so hapy and hav a sense of achievement when u land in canada

they just ask for proof of funds and dont even count them. the whole process took 15 mins for me.

now in a apartment in scarborough. tmrw planning to get sin ohip etc..and after that planning to look into some survival jobs initially

Congrats for your smooth landing.. wish you all the best.

Keep on sharing your experience

tran

May 10, 2009
attituderockz said:
Dear friends

The whole process took only 15 mins. That was fast. Did the customs check your list of goods accompanying?
How about list of goods to follow? All the best to your future endeavours.

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Congrats. Attituderockz

How did you find apartment , was it before you arrived or are you staying with family. Please share.
I'm planning to land in Toronto and I don't have friends or family. So please any information on accomodation would be appreciated.
I see the weather is excellent.

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
Congrats for your new life... tell us a little more what are you by profession and what are your next plans.

attituderockz

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
hi frends

basically a banker in india and ready and open for any jobs in canada.

what i heard is that its tough to get jobs fast.for any good jobs there wil be 100 s of applications ready b4 us and canadian exp is required.

good thing is that even if u work in cofee shop that is canadian exp.

but mind u its not easy to get even those jobs, pls dont come with high hopes..keep ur mind clear and be ready to walk in any job

will be getting sin tmrw and then get a mobile and then start applying jobs..

i tink it will b a struggle for first few years and then it will be good. everyone in canada start this way only.

cost of living is high especially if u come from india..

i booked the aprtment through a frend of mine. good place just 50 mts away ffrm north bendale school..ttc subwa service canada,malls all within walking distance..everyone looks happy around us and everybody are very friendly

if we get a good job even we will be happy and enjoy canada..hoping to get soon ...

my advice....come her with a clean mind..leave india and all its kind of thinking there itself...
canada is a new place and be ready to face the hardships..good luck will foloow..

and lets network..

today i got 4 parathaas and chicken for 12 dolars....this u can eat for 2 meals by reheating...so on average be ready topay 5 dollar per meal for indian meals..if u can cook noodles, eat corn flakes bread you can survive on much lower cost.

these are my little inputs on my first day in canada....willpost more and more in thecoming dys..

namasteindia

Star Member
Apr 9, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
WAITING
@attituderockz I really liked your humble attitude though you were a banker in india you are ready to take up any job in canada...and ur well aware that initially there will be struggle.

My husband is least ready for such things and he says that he will only take up a good standard job it will become very difficult with his attitude to immigrate to canada and i dont think he will be ready to struggle also. ???

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
attituderockz,

Happy to hear from you. All the very best for you and I am very much happy to hear that a Banker from India landed with positive "attitude". Am also a Banker and look forward to hear from you....

Satish