+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed .... (used AVR to return back to US)

siddEE

Oct 19, 2018
Thank you for the reply...my Visa is still not expired...it is valid until August this year. Can I still use AVR if I want to do soft landing, let's say, in March?
As I mentioned in my previous reply, AVR is only for EXPIRED non-immigrant visas. If your visa isn't expired, there is nothing to be re-validated. Not sure why you're bothering about AVR when you have a valid visa until August and are planning to land in March.

msmg

May 8, 2019
Everything went smoothly in my case.You only need a valid I-20 with travel signatures to reenter via Automatic Revalidation
Hi, please can you share your experience with me. i am in that situation, what questions were you asked?

njaikuma

Jul 22, 2019
You can only use AVR with an expired visa, so it is perfectly useful for your expired F1 visa. I heard from at least three people that they had successfully used AVR to re-enter on an expired F1, with Day1 CPT from a different university. I'm also in the same boat, will have to do my landing some time this summer as my CoPR will be expiring in Oct19
Do you know which university they were from ?

PatwaBobby

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
Hi I believe I did not use AVR and couldn't use as my Visa was valid, but I don't have problem re-entering USA with diff visa than college

DHP260592

Jan 2, 2020
You can only use AVR with an expired visa, so it is perfectly useful for your expired F1 visa. I heard from at least three people that they had successfully used AVR to re-enter on an expired F1, with Day1 CPT from a different university. I'm also in the same boat, will have to do my landing some time this summer as my CoPR will be expiring in Oct19
Hello,

I am under a similar situation. My F-1 is expired and currently enrolled in 2nd MS and on day 1 CPT. I plan to do softlanding on March 2nd. Did you end up going for AVR? Can you please share your AVR experience? What questions & documents did the border personnel ask?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Deep

DHP260592

Jan 2, 2020
Hello Everyone!

I received my COPR which is valid until June 2018. I am in the US currently with an expired F1 visa but an active student with Day 1 CPT. I would like to avail Automatic Revalidation and visit Canada in March 2018, finish my landing and return to US in a day or two. I want to apply for my H1 this April 2018 and would like to remain in the US for the next three years if all goes well and receive my H1.

Would Automatic Revalidation a safe and straightforward process? Or is it risky? The very thought of returning with an expired visa is worrying me!

Thanks.
Hi,
I am under a similar situation. My F-1 is expired and currently enrolled in 2nd MS and on day 1 CPT. I plan to do softlanding on March 2nd. Did you end up going for AVR? Can you please share your AVR experience? What questions & documents did the border personnel ask?

Best regards,
Deep

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

Best regards,
Deep
I went to Canada from the US on a TRV and came back to the states on Jan 2nd, 2020. I used AVR to get back in. I presented my expired J-1 Visa and valid DS-2019 (I-20 for F1) with travel signature at the border. They asked normal questions and the whole process took 5 minutes. Good luck!

DHP260592

Jan 2, 2020
I went to Canada from the US on a TRV and came back to the states on Jan 2nd, 2020. I used AVR to get back in. I presented my expired J-1 Visa and valid DS-2019 (I-20 for F1) with travel signature at the border. They asked normal questions and the whole process took 5 minutes. Good luck!
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will be going for canadian PR and will be using AVR to get back in. I have expired f1 visa and a valid I 20 and I94. Can you share the questions that the officer asked?

Thanks
Deep

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will be going for canadian PR and will be using AVR to get back in. I have expired f1 visa and a valid I 20 and I94. Can you share the questions that the officer asked?

Thanks
Deep
Are you residing in the US?
On the J1?
What's your job?
Who do you work for?

If I remember correctly, that was it.