+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed .... (used AVR to return back to US)

crazysun

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 4 2010
Med's Request
Aug 24 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 29 2012
Hi,
I am very happy to share the news that I have landed successfully in Canada. Landed by road through Alexander-bay border.
the process was very simple and took hardly 15min. The visa officer was so nice and responded well.

As I have no valid visa in my passport used Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) to return back to US. no issues at US port of entry, they verified all the documents especially my valid i797, it took around 30min to verify.

thanks to all who co-operated and answered my questions.

Thanks
Crazysun

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
Hi

What all documents are required for Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) I am currently on H1 and my visa expires in FEB next year and planning to go to Canada in Nov..

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rp_tp said:
Hi

What all documents are required for Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) I am currently on H1 and my visa expires in FEB next year and planning to go to Canada in Nov..
Hi rp_tp,

Could you also give us some details on the AVR process you went through while returning back to US?

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
was pretty easy need your visa docs and last 3 pay stubs that's it

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rp_tp said:
was pretty easy need your visa docs and last 3 pay stubs that's it
But my visa is expired last year, only have valid 797.

ssg_86

Jun 26, 2015
I used ARV to get back to US last Saturday. No trouble . I did via air , flew from Calgary to New York. Did the US pre-clearance in Calgary airport( shown my expired visa,I20 -for student, i94 ). No further documents asked, they asked how long I gonna be in the States and that is it. Took me about 15 mins

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssg_86 said:
I used ARV to get back to US last Saturday. No trouble . I did via air , flew from Calgary to New York. Did the US pre-clearance in Calgary airport( shown my expired visa,I20 -for student, i94 ). No further documents asked, they asked how long I gonna be in the States and that is it. Took me about 15 mins
Thank u for the useful info, much appreciated!

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssg_86 said:
ssg_86,

I am also planning for the same,

While travelling back to USA, what documents should I show them before boarding/after Landing?

I am little concerned since I don't know if they know about AVR rule and denied entry to US.

p_07

Nov 28, 2017
Hello Everyone!

I received my COPR which is valid until June 2018. I am in the US currently with an expired F1 visa but an active student with Day 1 CPT. I would like to avail Automatic Revalidation and visit Canada in March 2018, finish my landing and return to US in a day or two. I want to apply for my H1 this April 2018 and would like to remain in the US for the next three years if all goes well and receive my H1.

Would Automatic Revalidation a safe and straightforward process? Or is it risky? The very thought of returning with an expired visa is worrying me!

Thanks.

rgula

Jan 10, 2018
Hello Everyone!

I received my COPR which is valid until June 2018. I am in the US currently with an expired F1 visa but an active student with Day 1 CPT. I would like to avail Automatic Revalidation and visit Canada in March 2018, finish my landing and return to US in a day or two. I want to apply for my H1 this April 2018 and would like to remain in the US for the next three years if all goes well and receive my H1.

Would Automatic Revalidation a safe and straightforward process? Or is it risky? The very thought of returning with an expired visa is worrying me!

Thanks.
I am in the same situation. Planning to go next week or the week after that. Planning to come back on AVR. Expired F-1 visa with second masters's with Day1 CPT. Do you have any more information?

siddEE

Oct 19, 2018
Hello Everyone!

Thanks.
Just curious to know what happened in your case. Could you please share your experience, assuming you've used ARV to re-enter?

rgula

Jan 10, 2018
Just curious to know what happened in your case. Could you please share your experience, assuming you've used ARV to re-enter?
Everything went smoothly in my case.You only need a valid I-20 with travel signatures to reenter via Automatic Revalidation

siddEE

Oct 19, 2018
Hi, can i use AVR even with unexpired F1 visa, i am also on 1st day CPT...
You can only use AVR with an expired visa, so it is perfectly useful for your expired F1 visa. I heard from at least three people that they had successfully used AVR to re-enter on an expired F1, with Day1 CPT from a different university. I'm also in the same boat, will have to do my landing some time this summer as my CoPR will be expiring in Oct19

Krishna008

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
You can only use AVR with an expired visa, so it is perfectly useful for your expired F1 visa. I heard from at least three people that they had successfully used AVR to re-enter on an expired F1, with Day1 CPT from a different university. I'm also in the same boat, will have to do my landing some time this summer as my CoPR will be expiring in Oct19
Thank you for the reply...my Visa is still not expired...it is valid until August this year. Can I still use AVR if I want to do soft landing, let's say, in March?