LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Thanks a zillion for the response, it follows my line of thinking... +1 for you :p ;D

4glory said:
My take, if you are landing with the family a one way ticket should be better for all and upon arrival you can book a return ticket for the round off trip back to Naija after the 6 weeks stay if you know your exact return date, that is exactly how I made my trip when I landed. Besides you can't benefit from the IOM discount offer after first landing.

Be aware that you are not likely to get your PR card before returning to Naija and would required a travel document from the Canadian High Commission in Naija to re-enter Canada if you don't have your PR card with you. I did exactly that because I stayed six weeks too for the round off exercise in Naija. Though the PR card came exactly 8 weeks after landing but not in hand for use.

Cheers

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Thanks for the response... Guess what ? i gave you your first +1 :p ;D ;) 8)

Sleek Ricky said:
The "best airline" considering all your factors is actually relative. In terms of safety, from my experience of previous travels, Western(North America), European(not including Eastern Europe) and Middle Eastern airlines are very very safe. KLM, Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, Emirates, British Airways, Virgin Atalantic, Qatar etc. But Emirates and Turkish Airlines are known to charge heavily for excess luggage.

I prefer KLM to Canada just because I like their service better but that is only me. The others are great too.

In terms of return or one way tickets, well I would advice that you book a return ticket from the get go here in Nigeria. If you observe you will notice that the difference in fare between a one way ticket and return is next to nothing. I recently booked a return ticket to Calgary through KLM for a family of five(2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant) for NGN1,090,000.

All the best as you ponder and decide.

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
I HAVE MY PPR MAIL NOW.I THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR SUPPORT AND PRAYER..

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
shaddy said:
Congrats Shaddy!!! Indeed delay does not mean denial......thank God for the testimony.

Sleek Ricky

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2009
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
Med's Request
22-03-2012
Med's Done....
6-05-2012
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
1st April 2013
Omo Naija said:
Thanks for the response... Guess what ? i gave you your first +1 :p ;D ;) 8)
Thank you too for the +1 rating. You too much;D :D

Sleek Ricky

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2009
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
Med's Request
22-03-2012
Med's Done....
6-05-2012
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
1st April 2013
shaddy said:
Congrats bro! Favour awaits you and yours in Canada!

yemosa

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA V/O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2011
IELTS Request
Ielts dispatched with document
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon
Shaddy a big congratulation to you i give God the glory for this wonderful news and i know for
certain that the joy shall go around all of us that is still expecting the good news from accra in Jesus name amen

Yemosa

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
Amen oooOooo!

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
shaddy said:

Congrats dearest shaddy it's such a big relief . All the best in the steps ahead.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
Omo Naija said:
Thanks a zillion for the response, it follows my line of thinking... +1 for you :p ;D
You are welcome and thanks.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
My People

Happy valentine may we all find love in this season and many seasons to come!!! Yours sincerely landed on the 13th of Febuary 19:30 GMT at Pearson International Airport. Journey was quite smooth, we left Abuja 9am with British Airways arrived London about 3pm We left Heathrow about 5.30pm and arrived Toronto 7.30pm Canada time.

Please be mindful of the scale you use in weighing your luggage at home as mine misled us and we ended up paying so much for excess luggage!!! Also please remember the exact locations your IPad and laptops are as we waisted another 30mins at the security gate in Heathrow because I forgot to bring out one of the IPad from my hand luggage another round of detailed checking took place even when I told them we have just about an hour for the next flight I was still delayed. The lesson here is to know where all the devices are and put them on a separate tray at security.

Flight was fun all thru as hubby and I took time to watch a movie while the kids were awake with excitement all thru the flight trust them it was one cartoon after the other!!!

We were well received by the custom officials, we told them how much we were carrying as proof of funds but they never bothered to check, our luggages were not checked also. It was smiles all around until we got outside the airport and the cold winter air welcomed us in it's own way.

Would be out today doing the needful and would keep you posted.

The forum is a blessing and am glad I found it, was with Seglad yersterday and would be together again today to do the needful. The list is endless but would in time acknowledge everyone's effort particularly that of the landed seniors I doubt if any one has disturbed them with calls from Nigeria like I have done always asking questions!!! Thanks for your patience. Thank you Pa Seglad, Oloye, TiTo, OmoGe, Shalom, Fernandez, Indan, Fatex and many more that would follow!

God bless Nigeria!!! God bless Canada.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
tinuadeadebola said:
My People

Happy valentine may we all find love in this season and many seasons to come!!! Yours sincerely landed on the 13th of Febuary 19:30 GMT at Pearson International Airport. Journey was quite smooth, we left Abuja 9am with British Airways arrived London about 3pm We left Heathrow about 5.30pm and arrived Toronto 7.30pm Canada time.

Please be mindful of the scale you use in weighing your luggage at home as mine misled us and we ended up paying so much for excess luggage!!! Also please remember the exact locations your IPad and laptops are as we waisted another 30mins at the security gate in Heathrow because I forgot to bring out one of the IPad from my hand luggage another round of detailed checking took place even when I told them we have just about an hour for the next flight I was still delayed. The lesson here is to know where all the devices are and put them on a separate tray at security.

Flight was fun all thru as hubby and I took time to watch a movie while the kids were awake with excitement all thru the flight trust them it was one cartoon after the other!!!

We were well received by the custom officials, we told them how much we were carrying as proof of funds but they never bothered to check, our luggages were not checked also. It was smiles all around until we got outside the airport and the cold winter air welcomed us in it's own way.

The forum is a blessing and am glad I found it, was with Seglad yersterday and would be together again today to do the needful. The list is endless but would in time acknowledge everyone's effort particularly that of the landed seniors I doubt if any one has disturbed them with calls from Nigeria like I have done always asking questions!!! Thanks for your patience. Thank you Pa Seglad, Oloye, TiTo, OmoGe, Shalom, Fernandez, Indan, Fatex and many more that would follow!

Congratulations and thank God for safe trip, may canada favour you and ur family. Amen

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-11-2010
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
11-11-2011
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
tinuadeadebola said:
My People

congratulation on your sucefull la\nding

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
My People

Congrats maam on your safe landing!May canada offer you and yours the best it has in stock!!Congrats once more!!

chosen

Jan 24, 2011
Naija
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011...initially Mar 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 & Feb 2014
Nomination.....
February 28, 2014
AOR Received.
June 10, 2014
Med's Request
July 3, 2014
Med's Done....
July 5, 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Mar 3, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 12, 2015 (received Mar 23)
LANDED..........
June 2015. ...By God's grace
tinuadeadebola said:
My People

Congratulations! I'm sure you will do very well in Canada. You've planned, consulted and prayed....

The land and its people will favour you in Jesus name.