+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Hello landed seniors. I guess you really enjoyed your fellowships in toronto and calgary. I want you to assist me for accomodation. Since I need to drop an address at the port of entry where my card will be sent. I am landing in April in Toronto. I need the landed seniors in toronto to guide me about getting a cheap one or two bed room appartment before landing in toronto. Thanks.

Jovic

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Doc's Request.
12-05-2010
Med's Request
26-04-2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Passport Req..
27-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
Hello landed seniors,
I Know each province has credential assessment body, I just want to ask if assessment with WES in Ontario can be used in another province in case one decides to move to another province?
However, to evaluate two or three credentials: B.Sc, B.Th, PGDE with WES,do I need to pay differently?
Thanks

Jovic

Steeve

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All

Please can any of the landed seniors advice on how to process flight tickets through the I.O.M office either in Lagos or Accra ? The possible processes and discounts.

Thanks.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Jovic said:
Hello landed seniors,
I Know each province has credential assessment body, I just want to ask if assessment with WES in Ontario can be used in another province in case one decides to move to another province?
However, to evaluate two or three credentials: B.Sc, B.Th, PGDE with WES,do I need to pay differently?
Thanks

Jovic
Hi Jovic
As per payment no you don't have to pay differently as one payment covered my BSc and Msc assessment but as to whether WES would applicable to other province I would not be able to answer that. I presume each province has it's own credential evaluation agency .

Cheers

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Steeve said:
Hello All

Please can any of the landed seniors advice on how to process flight tickets through the I.O.M office either in Lagos or Accra ? The possible processes and discounts.

Thanks.
Hi
Am yet to land but here it's a few points to note, IOM would process your application when it less than 2 months to meaning if you want to travel in April they won't respond to your queries in January until say
about late February or early march thats what they old me in Accra.

As per discount I suppose IOM gets the highest discount of say 40% from Lufthansa so you can enter your probable date into Lufthansa, check the price and take off 40% to get an idea of how much IOM would charge, remember it's one way not return ticket.

As per process send an email to their lagos or Accra office intimating them of your date after which they would request for scanned copies of your Visa page . They would send you the price and if okay by you they would send an account no for you to pay the money.

Alternatively you might want to try booking a return ticket thru wakanow.com and you get something reasonable or better still try a return on Qatar airways or Turkey airline. All the best.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Jovic said:
Hello landed seniors,
Thanks

Jovic
Hi jovic I made enquiries regarding this with two diff province assessment body(ces and iqas),the response I got was that typically assessment was tenable in the province the assessment body was located in however if you are unsure if a particular employer was going to accept their assessment then you need to find out from the employer directly.

I would therefore advice that you get your assessment done in the province you are planning to settle in, in the first instance.

Also the assessment is usually done for all the certificates you would be presenting.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
Any landed Senior (s) living in Manitoba Province, precisely in Winnipeg region?

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Akerekoro said:
Any landed Senior (s) living in Manitoba Province, precisely in Winnipeg region?
Please PM Ind_dan. I think he is there.

Cheers

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Helloooooooooooooo people landed and about to land!!!! Trust you all are doing great new jobs, new babies , new home , new wife / husband lol

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Helloooooooooooooo people landed and about to land!!!! Trust you all are doing great new jobs, new babies , new home , new wife / husband lol
Yes oooo.We are doing well!I believe you and yours are fine too!!

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
EMO said:
Please PM Ind_dan. I think he is there.

Cheers
Thank you EMO.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Goodmorning.
If one have an employment in the US. Can one go to work from canada. Is it easy to drive into US everyday or occassionally. I forsee that I am likely to get work as a doctor in the US immidiately as I am qualified to work in the US with my postgraduate certificate but I have to sit several exams and wait some period before getting work. But work is going to be immidiate in the US. While waiting to get job in canada. I will like to work in US instead of doing survival job. Looking at the map US and canada are pretty close. But the state of the boarder is what I dont know. How easy will intercountry driving be. If leave canada and return to sleep in canada, it will be counted for me towards citizenship. I forsee my wife will get job immidiately in canada. I want my kids to leave in canada. Thanks.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
TJ2010 said:
Goodmorning.
If one have an employment in the US. Can one go to work from canada. Is it easy to drive into US everyday or occassionally. I forsee that I am likely to get work as a doctor in the US immidiately as I am qualified to work in the US with my postgraduate certificate but I have to sit several exams and wait some period before getting work. But work is going to be immidiate in the US. While waiting to get job in canada. I will like to work in US instead of doing survival job. Looking at the map US and canada are pretty close. But the state of the boarder is what I dont know. How easy will intercountry driving be. If leave canada and return to sleep in canada, it will be counted for me towards citizenship. I forsee my wife will get job immidiately in canada. I want my kids to leave in canada. Thanks.
Hello TJ
I have followed your post over some months now and am sorry to say that I don't like your attitude of asking questions and disappearing. You have asked many questions in the past at some point you even said you would discard the whole process we advised you not to then you took off. You came again and asked about booking ticket on wakanow on two occasions, several suggestions were made by members you did not acknowledge any but went off again.

You came back and I thought you wanted to share your ticket experience alas this time is about US and Canada trips!! It has been answered on the general thread and as usual you have taken off again to return when there is a new question!!!

Please don't get me wrong am not saying it's wrong to ask questions infact that's the essence of the thread but am saying when you ask please out of courtesy acknowledge you saw the responses and if possible let's know if it worked for you or not so others can benefit.

No hard feelings please!!! Just pointing out a trend I think it's not ooh enough!!!
Cheers

neddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jovic said:
Hello landed seniors,
Thanks

Jovic
If you are coming to Calgary, come with the original copy of your transcript, evaluation will be done for you free of charge by Alberta works as a new immigrant.

neddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steeve said:
Hello All

Thanks.
Go to the Lagos office from Monday to thursday, they don't accept visitors on Fridays. go with the international passport and landing papers for yourself and your entire family and chose a date for your journey in advance .
Ask for Julia Jemilawon. you will be given a form to fill and it will be scanned and sent to Accra.
Wait for about 4 days after this and call Accra office to discover if your form has gotten to them and if they have bought your ticket. the lady in Accra will tell you when she will buy the ticket and when shes gonna forward it to IOM Lagos.
Even after you have gotten your e-ticket, still go to IOM Lagos a day to your departure date and confirm that all is in order so as to forestall any surprises at the Airport.

If you need phone contact for IOM Lagos and Accra kindly PM me. I paid about 700k for a family of 5 in December and i think IOM is the best for now as you need to conserve money to spend in Canada.

SHALOM
Neddy