Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
neddy said:
If you are coming to Calgary, come with the original copy of your transcript, evaluation will be done for you free of charge by Alberta works as a new immigrant.
Hello Neddy:

It was nice reading from you again. Thanks for the advice and taking time out to post.

Love to the family!

Ciao!

neddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lukeke said:
Hello Neddy:

It was nice reading from you again. Thanks for the advice and taking time out to post.

Love to the family!

Ciao!
Tis nice to hear from you again, how is you family and how is preparation for landing. hope it is in top gear. we are still trying to settle down in this place. i will give you a call this week. have a great week and my kind regards to your family.

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
neddy said:
Tis nice to hear from you again, how is you family and how is preparation for landing. hope it is in top gear. we are still trying to settle down in this place. i will give you a call this week. have a great week and my kind regards to your family.
Thanks my brother! We are fine and planning to land Easter weekend by God's grace. Will expect your call and I pray God crowns your effort to settle down with great success IJN. It is well!!

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Madam Tinuade
Thank you so much. You are right. I send my appology. I should not be too busy to say thank you and share my experience. Others will like to benefit from ones experience too. This forum is the most effective human union/forum/meeting I have ever encountered. The organizers have not only put forward a life changing platform, the kind of Nigerians I have met on the platform are the best humans I have ever met. Its a pity that the best of the Nigerians are exiting Nigeria. Its a pity that the great Nigeria can no longer keep good people to live and build her economy. I must confess that you are great people and without you I will not have become a permanent resident of canada with my family. The incidental discovery of this forum by a casual google search 3 years ago was a life changing discovery of my life. I have no doubt that all of us will excel in canada. This is an attitude that makes people excel. The attitude that gives to a stranger. "Those who have learnt to assist strangers have learnt the wisdom of recruiting angels unknowingly". I know we and our children will give back to Nigeria one day. I will write a comprehensive update of everything that has happened to me shortly.

As for flight. I got N690,000 ticket for a family of 4 (2 Adult, 1 child and 1 infant) throu KLM. I noticed if you book ahead you can get an extremely cheap flight. Dont decide on when to travel before checking flight fare. Good flight fare may make you adjust your flight plan. Thanks

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Just wonderiong was this ticket one way or return?
TJ2010 said:
Madam Tinuade
Thank you so much. You are right. I send my appology. I should not be too busy to say thank you and share my experience. Others will like to benefit from ones experience too. This forum is the most effective human union/forum/meeting I have ever encountered. The organizers have not only put forward a life changing platform, the kind of Nigerians I have met on the platform are the best humans I have ever met. Its a pity that the best of the Nigerians are exiting Nigeria. Its a pity that the great Nigeria can no longer keep good people to live and build her economy. I must confess that you are great people and without you I will not have become a permanent resident of canada with my family. The incidental discovery of this forum by a casual google search 3 years ago was a life changing discovery of my life. I have no doubt that all of us will excel in canada. This is an attitude that makes people excel. The attitude that gives to a stranger. "Those who have learnt to assist strangers have learnt the wisdom of recruiting angels unknowingly". I know we and our children will give back to Nigeria one day. I will write a comprehensive update of everything that has happened to me shortly.

As for flight. I got N690,000 ticket for a family of 4 (2 Adult, 1 child and 1 infant) throu KLM. I noticed if you book ahead you can get an extremely cheap flight. Dont decide on when to travel before checking flight fare. Good flight fare may make you adjust your flight plan. Thanks

yemosa

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA V/O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2011
IELTS Request
Ielts dispatched with document
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon
Hi Tj2010,

Did you book it through IOM, travel agent or by your self

Yemosa

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
TJ2010 said:
Madam Tinuade

Hi dear
Glad to read your post!!! Glad also that you took my comments positively some persons would not. Congrats on the ticket and best of luck in the days ahead.

@all please as advised by TJ let's endeavour to book our tickets ahead and consult widely. Also try ooking return legs it's sometimes cheaper than one way and please remember no one would force you to use the return leg in case you decide not to.

May Canada favour us all.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
I book it myself right in my room on KLM website. I choose the pay in bank option. Instead of appearing in zenith bank to pay into the account given. I transfered the money to the account they gave. But make sure you call their Nigerian contact before you pay. Book, they call to ask if you may pay. If you book you have to pay before 12 midnight the next day or else your reservation will be cancelled. You will get their nigerian number from the website. They are nice people. I did the whole process right in my office without any advice or help from anybody. I got all assistance I need through their Nigerian contact and the KLM website.

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Greetings all,

Please i'll appreciate if seniors in the house can enlighten me on the best airlines from Nigeria to canada based on Costs, baggage allowance, feeding :p, efficiency & most importantly safety.

Also, As a new immigrant going to canada for the first time but intending to return back to Nigeria like 6weeks after landing to round up oustanding issues & return back to canada... is it better to buy a return ticket from Nigeria or go one way to canada & book return ticket from there.

thanks in advance for your replies.

chevchenko

Jun 3, 2005
Nigeria
tinuadeadebola said:
Helloooooooooooooo people landed and about to land!!!! Trust you all are doing great new jobs, new babies , new home , new wife / husband lol

We are doing ok, just getting nervous as the landing date gets closer, trust you are fine too...

have a lovely week.

Chev

chevchenko

Jun 3, 2005
Nigeria
Omo Naija said:
Greetings all,

Please i'll appreciate if seniors in the house can enlighten me on the best airlines from Nigeria to canada based on Costs, baggage allowance, feeding :p, efficiency & most importantly safety.

Also, As a new immigrant going to canada for the first time but intending to return back to Nigeria like 6weeks after landing to round up oustanding issues & return back to canada... is it better to buy a return ticket from Nigeria or go one way to canada & book return ticket from there.

Hi,

If you are sure of your return date, then there is no point buying a one way ticket, a return ticket will be cheaper for you and also covers the two legs of your trip, just my opinion.

on the appropriate airline, check Tinu's post below.

tinuadeadebola said:
Hi dear
Glad to read your post!!! Glad also that you took my comments positively some persons would not. Congrats on the ticket and best of luck in the days ahead.

@ all please as advised by TJ let's endeavour to book our tickets ahead and consult widely. Also try ooking return legs it's sometimes cheaper than one way and please remember no one would force you to use the return leg in case you decide not to.

May Canada favour us all.

Sleek Ricky

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2009
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
Med's Request
22-03-2012
Med's Done....
6-05-2012
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
1st April 2013
Omo Naija said:
Greetings all,

The "best airline" considering all your factors is actually relative. In terms of safety, from my experience of previous travels, Western(North America), European(not including Eastern Europe) and Middle Eastern airlines are very very safe. KLM, Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, Emirates, British Airways, Virgin Atalantic, Qatar etc. But Emirates and Turkish Airlines are known to charge heavily for excess luggage.

I prefer KLM to Canada just because I like their service better but that is only me. The others are great too.

In terms of return or one way tickets, well I would advice that you book a return ticket from the get go here in Nigeria. If you observe you will notice that the difference in fare between a one way ticket and return is next to nothing. I recently booked a return ticket to Calgary through KLM for a family of five(2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant) for NGN1,090,000.

All the best as you ponder and decide.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
Omo Naija said:
Greetings all,

My take, if you are landing with the family a one way ticket should be better for all and upon arrival you can book a return ticket for the round off trip back to Naija after the 6 weeks stay if you know your exact return date, that is exactly how I made my trip when I landed. Besides you can't benefit from the IOM discount offer after first landing.

Be aware that you are not likely to get your PR card before returning to Naija and would required a travel document from the Canadian High Commission in Naija to re-enter Canada if you don't have your PR card with you. I did exactly that because I stayed six weeks too for the round off exercise in Naija. Though the PR card came exactly 8 weeks after landing but not in hand for use.

Cheers