+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

Imole

Dec 30, 2010
Why do you want to carry such a huge amount of money when you can use your gtb Mastercard ATM without charges from TD, but with a maximum of 1000 CAD dollars a day. Just anything between 8-9.5K(CAD dollars) will do with a little explanation that the rest will soon arive.

idkolapo

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
Med's Request
21-05-2012
Med's Done....
24-05-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2012
Landed seniors,

I actually choosed Prince Edward island in my application for FSW without knowing anybody there.

Recently i got to know that a friend of mine resides in manitoba, and has offered to help with landing.

As an engineer with specialization in ICT, i understand Alberta offers better opportunity in terms of job search for ICT professional having previously worked in one of the leading oil firms in naija though as a 3rd party contract staff.

Could someone please advise on whether to land in manitoba or alberta where i don't have anybody to assist unlike manitoba.

jedidiah

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Hi Idkolapo,

Pls PM d Landed Seniors... They seem understandably busy these days... Also pls post d question on d sister thread incase the other naijas have researched d topic before.

All the best

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
Pls just get a draft for your money from your bank,if its more than $10k,let the Canadian end know,its hard to carry that amount of money through other Nations.
You can land anywhere in Canada as long as you have a PR visa,its Federal,not a Work Permit

mikolodbado

Jul 9, 2012
@ skotchy007

I can't send private message...
but i have never been to Canada before,i googled and sent them email indicating my interest in their strategy initiative and dey replied me to send my resume and i did.
the next reply i got was that it takes 120days for me to get a reply that i qualify or not.
i am still waiting for their reply.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
mikolodbado said:
@ skotchy007

but i have never been to Canada before,i googled and sent them email indicating my interest in their strategy initiative and dey replied me to send my resume and i did.
the next reply i got was that it takes 120days for me to get a reply that i qualify or not.
You've just been told what to do. Waiting is the name of the game. Welcome on board. You need to post say about 11 messages on any thread in all before you will be able to use the Personal Message facility

scotchy007

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-07-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
mikolodbado said:
@ skotchy007

Thanks Mikolodbado,

I think yours would be the EV option, unless you have friends or family there.

I am

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jada said:
CIWA has various programs for different people e.g accounting, office administration, child care etc. There's a program called links to success. CIWA accepts mothers aged 19-30,pays for daycare and transport and offers a living allowance for 6 months. 4 months are spent in class,the remaining 2 months is a work placement to help the women get Canadian work experience and work reference.
Hi,
Do you know if they have something like this in edmonton???

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
dreamteam said:
You can land anywhere in Canada as long as you have a PR visa,its Federal,not a Work Permit
Including Quebec?

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Imole said:
Why do you want to carry such a huge amount of money when you can use your gtb Mastercard ATM without charges from TD, but with a maximum of 1000 CAD dollars a day. Just anything between 8-9.5K(CAD dollars) will do with a little explanation that the rest will soon arive.
Bad idea, stay away from using GTB card except for emergencies. The exchange rate is often wicked and you pay N1,000 ATM charge per transaction.

Better to carry cash if it can be safely moved to MMIA without fear of the boys, no worries about the amount once you depart Nigeria..as long as the funds are declared.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
idkolapo said:
Landed seniors,

I actually choosed Prince Edward island in my application for FSW without knowing anybody there.

Recently i got to know that a friend of mine resides in manitoba, and has offered to help with landing.

As an engineer with specialization in ICT, i understand Alberta offers better opportunity in terms of job search for ICT professional having previously worked in one of the leading oil firms in naija though as a 3rd party contract staff.

Could someone please advise on whether to land in manitoba or alberta where i don't have anybody to assist unlike manitoba.
Bros, you need to revisit your SOP for this move. PEI is no no except if you have a huge war chest of funds and wont be working anymore, I would recommend somewhere in Spain if this is so! Manitoba may not offer much considering your credentials, you have better opportunities in Alberta, Toronto or Montreal..it doesn't matter that you worked as a contract staff.

You can land anywhere without knowing nobody there, this system is near perfect and you can function very well from day one as long as your people skills are excellent. Canadians are great people and there is a reasonable population of Nigerians in Alberta. Just believe and start making plans..

All the best!

idkolapo

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
Med's Request
21-05-2012
Med's Done....
24-05-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2012
Thanks for the info. Could you please furnish me with the details of few landed seniors in Alberta?

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
My people trust you all are doing great? Quite sometime let's keep on keeping on.
@ kolapo, some persons in Calgary I believe are Gent, Jada, babaiyabo and very recently Jackson also not forgetting Imole you could pm any of them and ask your questions as that has proved a faster way of getting response.

Cheers
Tinu

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
tinuadeadebola said:
My people trust you all are doing great? Quite sometime let's keep on keeping on.
@ kolapo, some persons in Calgary I believe are Gent, Jada, babaiyabo and very recently Jackson also not forgetting Imole you could pm any of them and ask your questions as that has proved a faster way of getting response.

Cheers
Tinu
Barsindoo is in Calgary too. The truth about the Landed Senoritas in Calgary is that they will load you with all the stuffs you need to know and make you feel like you are their already.

The Ontario seniors are as wonderful as the ones in Alberta. Nigerians are blessed. I have no regret being one.

Happy weekend
cheers

gent2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vce2012 said:
Hi Friends,
Can someone share their experience with Nigerian
customs at the Lagos International Airport, while
trying to carry their Canada landing funds over
$26000 out of Nigeria (family member of 6) . Since it is above the $5000
limits.
Did anyone get harrased, is it ok to take out such amount of money out without problem,is their any fine?
Please share your experience.
Regards
There is no issue at all on declaring your fund. It's however a good idea to have a proof of the source (just incase you meet a naughty officer that may want to worry you) but generally there's nothing to worry about.