N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
EMO said:
Congratulation. Please try link up with Barsindo, Jada, Gent2 and TEZKEM. I must warn you TEZKEM may not respond, he might be busy, my observation though. But try link up with them, they will surely be of assistance to you. Happy landing.
You also may want to factor the address you will provide to receive your PR Card in the choice of the initial accommodation. so firm up on where you'll likely stay for more than 8 weeks or thereabout depending on when the card comes in.
Thank for this EMO. I'll surely contact the members you mentioned. Yes, we already have an address we intend to use for the PR. It's my cousin's permanent address. We'll be staying there for a couple of days before we hopefully sort something out for ourselves.

All the best everyone.

9j

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
spokes said:
Hey, 9j!!!
Good to know you are planning vigorously o!!!!
I pray for Gods grace for you as you plan!!
Gods blessings my brother
Cheers!
Hi Spokes,
Its been a long time! How are you doing? Hope all is well.
How far with your application?
I wish you the best in your application in this 2nd half of the year.

Best wishes
Shalom

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Jovic,

If you go through my profile and view my previous posts, you will see my landing experience. I don't mean to be rude but I usually have very limited time to reply and writing a long epistle right now isn't possible.

Calgary is fine and the weather is more bearable now. I wish you all who are waiting, success in your applications.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Jada said:
Jovic,

If you go through my profile and view my previous posts, you will see my landing experience. I don't mean to be rude but I usually have very limited time to reply and writing a long epistle right now isn't possible.

Calgary is fine and the weather is more bearable now. I wish you all who are waiting, success in your applications.
Its a matter of time we all will get to know what you are talking about better. I hope Cal is treating you well?

Cheers

Jovic

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Doc's Request.
12-05-2010
Med's Request
26-04-2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Passport Req..
27-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
Jovic said:
Pls from Nigeria my wife a nurse has applied for registration with Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labradors and the outcome was that she is eligible to interim license with that they said she can take a job as a Graduate Nurse for 8 month , during this 8 months work she must get employer reference and write her CRNE to get full registration.
Senior, please advice on the way forward, she need job to enable her get reference but the employer are not responding. Can you link me with any agent that can be of help. We hope to get PPR from Accra anytime from the moment .Medical done on 15th May. Thaks
Jovic
All Landed Nigerian Nurses in Ontario.
Please what is the outcome of your application to register as a general nurse with CNO? I have applied for my wife's registration with association of registered nurse of Newfoundland and Labradors, the outcome was eligible to interim license which I can use to take up job on arrival but I had that Newfoundland is too cold, this is enough to discourage me from going there. I want to try to register with College of Nurses of Ontario CNO, for those of you Nigeria trained nurses who have registered with them, I want to know the outcome they use to give Nigerian applicants? Thanks .
Jovic

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
Seniors, Pls I want to know if AVO use to send 2nd AOR?

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Akerekoro said:
Seniors, Pls I want to know if AVO use to send 2nd AOR?
No they don't. But if you send a case sepicific enquiry, they may advise you of new number and that would be your 2nd AOR GBAM

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Helloooooooooooooooooooo landed seniors where are thou? please share your experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we need it as we prepare to land. please tell us what you know now that you did not know while you were still in Nigeria so we can also learn before we land. Bottom line please anything you come across and feel would be useful to us please share and let us know thanks in advance.

Imole

Dec 30, 2010
tinuadeadebola said:
Helloooooooooooooooooooo landed seniors where are thou? please share your experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we need it as we prepare to land. please tell us what you know now that you did not know while you were still in Nigeria so we can also learn before we land. Bottom line please anything you come across and feel would be useful to us please share and let us know thanks in advance.
I landed barely three weeks ago in Calgary, well I am lucky to have somebody here who accomodated
me and my family for those three weeks, I have moved into a basement( yesterday) with my family, cost is 750cad without
utilities. Everything is working fine here but our Naija money is nothing compared to the canadian dollar, especially if
you have not gotten a job. I am presently improving my business communication skills with a
three month training program to boost my chances in the job market,
all along its been fine. Everybody here has been fine, the social amenities here are excellent.
I have also gone to the Newcomers Centre here, they gave me coupon for food, furniture(sleepcountry) and I was
made to understand that my kids will be paid some money since we are not working yet. I can also open seperate
College account for the kids and decide to put say 10cad dollar every month, so that when they are grown up
the government will pay a subtantial part of there college tuition fee. Everything is just falling on me like torrents
of goodies. I also have the option of moving around with a subsidized train ticket and a credit card of 1000cad because I opened
an account with RBC. My problem is moving my family around since I cannot drive yet and there insistence on Canadian experience
before you are giving a job.
I think its been a whole new experience for me.....

Imole

Dec 30, 2010
Please do not misquote me the utilities like electricity, water, seamless internet facility
TV etc might end up at 120-200cad. The apartment is fully rugged with a standby refrigerator,
deep frezer , washing machine, heater for the house, cooker etc

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Imole said:
Please do not misquote me the utilities like electricity, water, seamless internet facility
TV etc might end up at 120-200cad. The apartment is fully rugged with a standby refrigerator,
deep frezer , washing machine, heater for the house, cooker etc
Dear Imole, we are with you in the spirit. May the Lord God never forsake you. I love your spirit. Just continue to improve yourself, the sky is sure the limit.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Thanks Imole and please keep us updated on the 3 months course you spoke about. Though the beginning may be small the end will surely be big!!!!!!! stay positive.

Cheers

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Imole

Thank you for keeping in touch. The lord will see you through.Were you able to get your refund from British Airways?

wishing you the very best in Calgary.

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
@ Imole,

Congrats on your safe landing. keep positive and you'll surely testify of God's goodness in your life.

Best wishes!

Imole

Dec 30, 2010
Well the three month program is organized by Calgary Immigrant Educational Centre,
it is meant for new permanent resident, refugees and others who have just enter the
Canadian job environment to prepare them on how to write resume, business communication,
basic computer skills, web development etc The interesting part of it is that you get to meet
potential employer one on one. At the end of the programme you will be given the opportunity
of actual workplace experience where you may be retained or otherwise. There are so many
training programme for newcomers, infact I was introduced to another one where in they pay one thousand
canadian dollars in case one is not yet employed.
It is not a matter of I am a doctor(Phd) or I hold a masters degree, you need the Canadian experience/ license if you want to get
job in your field or even any field of endeavour( Imagine getting license for Security) ,
well others may be lucky but from what I was told its not much of the certificate but what
you can do with the certificate.
One other thing is that for those landing in Alberta like me use kijiji web site for job, furniture, household appliances some of the
things there might even go for free.