+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also not aware of any coupon for food or furniture.<<<< Yes, There are coupon for food,clothes and furniture, if you register with the organization responsible for that, you will get this monthly. But you must give them a copy of your CORPS. What they do with the CORPS I dont know it. >>>>I dont think it make senses when you told CIC that you have enough money to establish yourself and family in Canada. You landed bwt a few weeks and you started begging for food and shelter.What ever you apply for in Canada goes into your CIC file>>>>>>> That must be very good of Alberta govt. Shebi dem get oil for there now ;D?<<<<< Ontario Govt nah eleele, they surpass all province>>>
I think there are many Nigerian immigrants in Calgary. Besides, Alberta has lower cost of living compare to provinces like BC & Ontario partly due to lower HST tax in Alberta, which is 5% compare to Ontario that is 13%.,<<<<< What is good by Galgary is their HST rate but food, housing are on the high sides compare with Ontario.>>>>>

yejydo

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing your xperience Shalom1... really insightful... 7 mths hwever is no joke at all. I have a family with 3 kids... i m imagining hw some1 will cope for 7mths wit no job.. Sure POF would hav gone down d drain siiiiince!!! but God is able sha.
Pa seglad ... thanks for the response.... I know a lot of provinces hav different programs and services for their immigrants, just trying to compare and contrast.. thanks so much
So the Nigerian albertans shld continue to enjoy themselves!!1...lucky u!!
All the best to all my colleagues awaiting visa 8)

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
yejydo said:
... 7 mths hwever is no joke at all. I have a family with 3 kids... i m imagining hw some1 will cope for 7mths wit no job.. Sure POF would hav gone down d drain siiiiince!!! but God is able sha.
There are survival jobs. If you are interested, you should get a placement with agencies within one or two weeks. To accept or not is individual choice. So don't let my 7 months scare you.
Its well

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
yejydo said:
It s apparennt that calgary has a lot of freebies and newcomer friendly programms esp paying an immigrant for childcaare b4 employment.. that s fantastic... i can now see why a lot of pple are landing in calgary!! ;D
Is there any other province with similar stuff???
Bcos i m planning to land in vancouver... hw newcomer frinddly is dis place? seniors pls share... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I am not a landed senior, but I will tell you what I will do. I will rather look for the prospect of my career and the current trend in the province and how easily I could land a temporary job to protect my family savings.
Please research factors such as but not limited to Health care cover, car Insurance, cost of living, your adaptability factors such as folks who can help and guide you step by step. My 0.5 cent

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Shalom1 said:
There are survival jobs. If you are interested, you should get a placement with agencies within one or two weeks. To accept or not is individual choice. So don't let my 7 months scare you.
Its well

Shalom
That a good one again. However 7 months without job has the potential of turning one to a refugee :p :p :p those points raised are okay keep them coming brother.

@ Egrace62
Pa Egrace62 where art thou?

yejydo

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks EMO, Madam tinu...thanks for sharing ur mind abt egrace.... That wasnt a nice thing for him to do...bt who knows maybe it s nt delibrate on his part. A friend(landed in canada for like 2yrs nw) told me abt d mother thread some 4 mths ago and i was just reading as a guest until i really became addicted to it. I think ppl on these niger thread are just too much in terms of friendliness and willingneess 2 share helpful thots and advice....and i give it to u. Meanwhile we are not all d same...tyhat is human diversity if i may describe it. Sometimes i just wonder hw nigerians are so friendly on these forum but u dont get such friendship wit fellow nigerians u meet on d streets of Lagos!!!!!!?

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
@Emo n Tinu, I think you are been hard on Egrace, Nobody knows what he might be going through. There so many landed Nigerians that used to be very active but are now very passive.
@Egrace and other landed Nigerians, I pray that God will grant you all your hearts desires and better jobs that will give to time to share with others.

Loolo

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Loolo read well before passing judgement EMO only asked where art thou or is it too much for him to ask?

As for my comment am sorry if you feel am hard on him because thats certainly not my intention, true many people have landed and are not sharing but many of them were not active on this thread as Egrace was before he landed!!! Am only expressing my displeasure publicly and haven aired it its off my mind.

I wish him well and for all landed seniors i wish them all well, well enough to visit this forum even once in two weeks or better still once a month.

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
As per insurance,please if you are coming to BC (this is where i live),get a letter from a reputable Insurance Company preferrably one with membership of the Nigeria Insurance Assocation/Society stamp
The letter will state how many years you have been insuring cars and how clean your record is,this will save you a lot on auto insurance here,as much as 40% in some instances.
as for the professionals,before you do exams,pls look for support jobs in your respective field cos here there is a great deal of division of labor and if you could,go to school. Canadians, Im sure you've found out have about 2-4 different careers and lastly, the best way to apply for anything here is by PERSISTENCE, esp by showing your face,cos just like 9ja, its about who you know and who's willing to give you a chance and pls, as we dey talk for 9ja, i beg make we cool down well well,dem no dey open eye for here o,no arguement or else dem go sey you dey aggressive and dat na bad record wey go haunt person anywhere wey im go!!
even if you sabi,just show sey you happy and redy to learn under your 'oga'. it shall be well. if coming to Bc,pls do let me know

gel003

Sep 27, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2011
AOR Received.
In Process 16-07-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
dreamteam said:
As per insurance,please if you are coming to BC (this is where i live),get a letter from a reputable Insurance Company preferrably one with membership of the Nigeria Insurance Assocation/Society stamp
The letter will state how many years you have been insuring cars and how clean your record is,this will save you a lot on auto insurance here,as much as 40% in some instances.
as for the professionals,before you do exams,pls look for support jobs in your respective field cos here there is a great deal of division of labor and if you could,go to school. Canadians, Im sure you've found out have about 2-4 different careers and lastly, the best way to apply for anything here is by PERSISTENCE, esp by showing your face,cos just like 9ja, its about who you know and who's willing to give you a chance and pls, as we dey talk for 9ja, i beg make we cool down well well,dem no dey open eye for here o,no arguement or else dem go sey you dey aggressive and dat na bad record wey go haunt person anywhere wey im go!!
even if you sabi,just show sey you happy and redy to learn under your 'oga'. it shall be well. if coming to Bc,pls do let me know
Thanks alot for the great information.

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Hmmmmmmm! Tinu na wa oooo
egrace is doing fine just that his very busy and occupied with lots of work. I spoke with him yesterday while taking the line went off.
i hope he will drop a word soon.
pls. bear with anyone who don't send greetings.
on behalf of egrace, and the Manitobas we say Ekaro o Good Morning/Afternoon.
have a blessed weekend.
dan

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks, I can see that more and more people are hitting Calgary. See reasons why you should envy them if Calgary is not your proposed destination.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/calgary-becoming-toronto-154511534.html

Pls do not get me wrong that Alberta is the best province. I reside in Ontario myself- Just sharing!

BDPA,
How was your trip and landing from UK to Calgary? Talk to you later.

Oloye

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
A piece of advice to anyone looking for any landed member, send them a PM. It is difficult to explain how busy one gets here. You have to be here to understand so please don't just judge.

Send a PM. That's the quickest way to get access to a landed member. Some of us are not as free as Seglad(no offence kind sir).

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I throway salute o!!!!

Thanks oga EMO for asking after me o.... Anty Tinu , i no vex o :D :D :D :D :D

and my absence wasent intentional o.
if not for Oga Dan who even told me to come online, i wouldnt av known/ read this post.....

True that i av nt been active on the thread but that with reasons: On landing, my 24 hours gift from God is usually divided between these activities: 9am- 2pm (sleep ), 5pm to 10pm ( French class), 11 PM - 8am ( Work), i had to wrk night so i can attended to church workers meeting on saturday and attend church on sunday while my 2days off is spent getting books to read
The period for french is the only time i could av had at my disposal to attend to other social functions but then it is important also bcos my field is a higly regulated one in Quebec.it was a case of choosing between 2day or tomorrow. Though i qualify for umemployment income from quebec gvt, if i didnt work but then i would not av justified the reason for which God gave me a hand and a leg so i opted for job in call centre and factory

In between these, i was also squizzing out time usually during hours spent on transit to and from work to read cos i needed to pass some Exams in chemistry and french b4 i can get my practise permit which will allow me to use the title of a chemist and also to work as one.

But b that as it may, i respond to PM messages, i get from forumites.
DONsoft, Abehola, laplatto we still communicate via PMs and i already av a role play in there landing process although Donsoft is still a far way off with his processing

Someone from the forum recently visited MOntreal for a 4-days conference, although i wasent there to rciv at the port cos the conference organisers took care of that, b that as it may, we still contacted and i render the little assistance i can with transportation, i even took time off work( oh i wished i av not mentioned this) etc to mention but a few

SANUSI REMi is the latest arrival from the thread to Montreal as a QSw applicant and since he landed we av taken off from there

Chief dan recently visited Monntreal en route Ontario, and he really assisted and helped me :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
there are also pple from quebec threasd that are not even 9ja that i allowed God to use me to assist.

But i thank yaweh o. cos now i now av my license as a recognised chemist, with greatly improved french skills. ( I will b taking my final 4 hours french exam on tuesday july 17th) although iplan to still continue by september to professonal writing level :eek: :eek: :eek:
also On wednesday July 11th,God dazed me with a job as a Chemical Analyst: Drug Research & development)
so with most of the goals now being reached, i am gradually coming back to normal life.

Although it looks more likke what Tinu assumed and i also would av assumed so as well, but beneath, Ce n'est pas comme ca ( Its not like that)....... Once more Apologies for my absence

@ LOOLO, long long tym.... aw u doing. whao this ur prayer was just on point o.cos he don happen for me o. na for brain i dey sweat now o ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D i guess u will b wondering y i avnt been on skype all these while..... aw far with ur application

Oga Emo n Tinu, i still dey postrate o... i hope una go release me soon o