+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed in Toronto.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day guys,

I made a successful landing yesterday with grace of God and best wishes of you all. Thanks to every one who helped me during this long process.

We landed 11:00 AM by AirCanada. There was a small line for first passport check. Immigration Officer on counter checked our passports and visas, then pointed us towards an other section specifically for New Immigrants. There the officer asked us ( me and wife) how tall we are, how much money we have and address (which I already had printed ), that's all. No other questions were asked neither Officer asked us to show the money. We were told that PR card will be arriving within 4 - 6 weeks. Next we moved towards Canadian Border Agency, officer asked us how much money we are bringing and that's all. We tried to show him/stamp our hard made accompanying goods list but he refused and said this list is only for the people who have good to follow and that's all. We were done within 20 minutes as there were only us and another couple back to us. Next we went to collect our luggage, I was unable to find Checks to Coins machine but the guys just next to trollies will change you Canadian Dollar check into coins but only for trollies We changed $5 and took 2 trollies, collected our luggage and went to custom clearance, they again asked for money and if any goods to follow, that's it. They didn't check our luggage etc. We were out within 45 minutes.

Weather is warmer then where we came from, in Lima we had 12-16 while Toronto have 21. Its a great country with great people, everywhere people are cooperative, ready to help you.

We already booked safehomestay, they owner was there to pick us. We made mistake and went another place instead the placed advised but just one call and the guy Thomas was there to pick us. It's a great place, safe and with great owner, in true means you won't feel you are far from home. So I will highly recommend you guys who have no one here for your first couple of weeks. That's all, Monday is holiday here too, so we can't do any thing until Tuesday. I Will share experience about Home, Job and so on as soon as I arrived to that step.

Once again thanks to every one, if you have any question on landing etc, feel free to ask. Wish a good luck to all who are waiting, I was on same place as you some months ago. Now its your term and soon you guys will share your landing experience so good luck guys, my best wishes and prayers are with you all.

Cheers!

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats friend on making your landing. Wish you a successful settlement and prospective career ahead. All the best

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Great to hear your landing experience! Wish you all the very best. May almighty extends his blessings upon you and your family!

Regards,

smiling_face :)

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahharrouf said:
Good day guys,

I made a successful landing yesterday with grace of God and best wishes of you all. Thanks to every one who helped me during this long process.

We landed 11:00 AM by AirCanada. There was a small line for first passport check. Immigration Officer on counter checked our passports and visas, then pointed us towards an other section specifically for New Immigrants. There the officer asked us ( me and wife) how tall we are, how much money we have and address (which I already had printed ), that's all. No other questions were asked neither Officer asked us to show the money. We were told that PR card will be arriving within 4 - 6 weeks. Next we moved towards Canadian Border Agency, officer asked us how much money we are bringing and that's all. We tried to show him/stamp our hard made accompanying goods list but he refused and said this list is only for the people who have good to follow and that's all. We were done within 20 minutes as there were only us and another couple back to us. Next we went to collect our luggage, I was unable to find Checks to Coins machine but the guys just next to trollies will change you Canadian Dollar check into coins but only for trollies We changed $5 and took 2 trollies, collected our luggage and went to custom clearance, they again asked for money and if any goods to follow, that's it. They didn't check our luggage etc. We were out within 45 minutes.

Weather is warmer then where we came from, in Lima we had 12-16 while Toronto have 21. Its a great country with great people, everywhere people are cooperative, ready to help you.

We already booked safehomestay, they owner was there to pick us. We made mistake and went another place instead the placed advised but just one call and the guy Thomas was there to pick us. It's a great place, safe and with great owner, in true means you won't feel you are far from home. So I will highly recommend you guys who have no one here for your first couple of weeks. That's all, Monday is holiday here too, so we can't do any thing until Tuesday. I Will share experience about Home, Job and so on as soon as I arrived to that step.

Once again thanks to every one, if you have any question on landing etc, feel free to ask. Wish a good luck to all who are waiting, I was on same place as you some months ago. Now its your term and soon you guys will share your landing experience so good luck guys, my best wishes and prayers are with you all.

Cheers!
Good work... :) Keep sharing your story.... Thanks

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
mahharrouf said:
Good day guys,

Cheers!
Thanks for shring...this is something we are all looking forward to!

Gorsi 116

Sep 12, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11- 2009
Doc's Request.
01-12-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
22-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
No
LANDED..........
No
Congratulations dear :) :). And thank you for sharing your experience. Hope you will keep us posted on how you are doing.
Good luck.

Gorsi 116

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
mahharrouf said:
Good day guys,

Cheers!
congratulations and best of luck

leodr

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats. Hope finding a job and the next steps are easy for you too. :) :) :)

amay

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
02-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
29-Mar-2010
Med's Request
04-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
26-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Aug-2011
Congratulations, mahharrouf!! Nice to know about your experience of SafeHomeStay.

Wishing you good luck in job-search and settling in the dreamland! Please keep sharing your experiences.

Regards,
amay

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
mahharrouf

what happened after that Tuesday ??
job search, etc etc. let us know.
good luck buddy.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jnathan said:
mahharrouf

what happened after that Tuesday ??
job search, etc etc. let us know.
good luck buddy.
1. Working since a week now;
2. Continuing@SHS;
3. Looking for a rental, around N/York-D/Mills sector;
4. Spouse too is employed - in that area.
5. Joined our get-together today - alongwith many others [incl Explorer & Ankit];
6. Talked to Kanamen over the phone;
7. Had a lovely meet & a sumptuous lunch@Kwality-Brampton;
8. I just dropped them@Islington Subway Stn.

Qorax

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
hello first of all congrats! and thanks for the info, can anyone help me we are the dependents were planning to land on july in toronto once we receive our visa this june what if the officer ask me the POF what will be the best answer I can give to then since my husband is the principal applicant and he already in canada as a worker and I dont have money to bring w/ me? thanks

hiteshdand

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Second AOR 5th july 2010. FULL DOCUMENTS SENT ON 24TH JUNE 2010
IELTS Request
OVERALL BAND 8
File Transfer...
01-06-2010. CURRENT STATUS-- 'COMPLETE'
Med's Request
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
11-02-2013. MEDS VALIDITY-- 19-02-2014.
Interview........
PASSED WITH FLYING COLOURS ON 24TH JAN 2013 @ 9:30 AM
Passport Req..
28-01-2013. PASSPORT AND PACKAGE RECEIVED BY CHC ND ON 23-02-2013. RPRF DRAFT ENCASHED ON 9-03-2013.
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013.
LANDED..........
21-01-2014 @ EDMONTON.
mahharrouf said:
Good day guys,

Cheers!

CONGRATULATIONS ON SMOOTH LANDING AND GOOD LUCK FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAREER