+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed in Canada (Non-Accompanying Dependent Child Sponsorship)

ronnellbagz

Feb 26, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I really need your advise on what is the fastest way to bring or sponsor a dependent (non-accompanying child)

Here's our situation:

Husband(me) = Principal Applicant (Landed: Dec 2015)
Wife = Dependent (Landed also)
Kids = 2 (Both dependent and accompanying. Already in Canada too)
1 Non-accompanying. Daughter of my wife when she was a single parent. 12 years old.
Reason for non-accompanying: Wanted to finish Elementary in Philippines but her studies were not going well. Maybe the idea of letting her stay is not a good idea after all.

Now, here's to make the matter complex:
When we landed, I went back to Singapore to continue working while my wife and 2 kids remained in Canada. I am still in working in Singapore due to economic reason (Oil and Gas Industries are still down in Alberta). My wife does NOT have work in Canada because she's taking care of our kids.

Here's our question:
1. Who should apply for sponsorship? Me or my wife?
a. If I should apply, it will make the situation so confusing. I apply in Singapore while my family is in Canada and the person we are sponsoring is in Philippines.
b. If my wife should apply, will CIC questioned about the proof of income or proof that she can provide shelter and food for the person she's sponsoring?

2. Which VAC center should we apply? In Singapore or in Canada?

3. Which VAC do you think process faster?

If there is someone out there who have the same situation, we would really appreciate your help and advice.
Thank you.

Please PM me if possible.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ronnellbagz said:
Here's our question:
1. Who should apply for sponsorship? Me or my wife?
a. If I should apply, it will make the situation so confusing. I apply in Singapore while my family is in Canada and the person we are sponsoring is in Philippines.
b. If my wife should apply, will CIC questioned about the proof of income or proof that she can provide shelter and food for the person she's sponsoring?
Your wife must be the sponsor since the child is her biological child. You can't sponsor her.

Income should be no problem, you can explain in app that you are making income and supporting them in Canada.

2. Which VAC center should we apply? In Singapore or in Canada?
3. Which VAC do you think process faster?
You don't decide. Your wife will mail the app to CPC-Mississauga, and they will forward it to the appropriate visa office. It may be in Canada, or it may be Philippines.
Application package for dependent child is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp