helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
@dubaitoronto

Hi,, I have applied for George Brown College's Strategic Relationship Marketing prog (for Jan 2014) 7 working days ago, still awaiting for offer letter. In general how long does it take to get the offer letter (when you have submitted all the docs)....

And please let me know about your experiences regarding the course and its contribution on helping you to get the right career start in Canada ?

Sonesh

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Toronto Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helix said:
@ dubaitoronto

Hi,, I have applied for George Brown College's Strategic Relationship Marketing prog (for Jan 2014) 7 working days ago, still awaiting for offer letter. In general how long does it take to get the offer letter (when you have submitted all the docs)....

And please let me know about your experiences regarding the course and its contribution on helping you to get the right career start in Canada ?
Inbox me ur number...i hv received the offer

rohit3556

Aug 28, 2013
hi ,

i am planning for Diploma in information system and business analysis in GBC
Can u please help me out in this , about job opportunities after this diploma and other things

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
Sonesh said:
Inbox me ur number...i hv received the offer
How many days it took for you to get the offer letter ?

Aug 27, 2013
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dubaitotoronto said:
Hi All,

This forum has been a great help for me in my journey to Canada. Many people replied to my posts, I understood many things from other members' posts. I saw many guys taking a lot of efforts to help others without expecting anything in return. Everything went well for me, I got VISA, landed in Canada now studying one year post graduate certificate program at George Brown college, Toronto.

Now, its give back time for me. If you may have any questions regarding any of the topics like, SPP or General, Gap in Studies, Course mis- match, consultancies or self, flight tickets, transit in other countries, Port of entry procedures, COOP work permit, accommodation in Canada etc.... I can answer from my experiences (These were some questions I had)

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK

Vinod
Hi everyone.
Am here with lot of hopes.
Came to know about this helpful forum for the strugglers.
My profile is
10th = 66.30% 2007
12th = 57% 2009
Diploma in computers dropped out in 2nd year not pursuing further
Work experience of 2 years with dell as tech.
Looking for tech course.
Need your help before i apply for visa.
Minimum fund requires to show to the visa officer
As i applied for education loan and approved.
And which 1 is good for immigration. Spp general cic
Plz help me. Waiting for your valuable feedback.
PLZ Give your valuable feedback..... : )

Sonesh

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Toronto Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gurpreet.suri08 said:
Hi everyone.
Am here with lot of hopes.
Came to know about this helpful forum for the strugglers.
My profile is
10th = 66.30% 2007
12th = 57% 2009
Diploma in computers dropped out in 2nd year not pursuing further
Work experience of 2 years with dell as tech.
Looking for tech course.
Need your help before i apply for visa.
Minimum fund requires to show to the visa officer
As i applied for education loan and approved.
And which 1 is good for immigration. Spp general cic
Plz help me. Waiting for your valuable feedback.
PLZ Give your valuable feedback..... : )
Be more specific in your questions buddy

Aug 27, 2013
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sonesh said:
Be more specific in your questions buddy
Well to be specific boss. Really down bcoz of the hectic visa process.
My specification is if i have education loan so do i need funds to show 2 de vo.
And is it necessary 2 pay the first term fees b4 visa application or the offer letter will do.

Thank you for your reply .
Expert plz help

career abroad

Aug 26, 2013
helix said:
@ dubaitoronto

my friend has done this progrm and it was one yr program only .. inbox me for more details

career abroad

Aug 26, 2013
Mystico_90 said:
Hello

I am from Bangladesh applied in Saint Mary's University (Nova Scotia, Halifax) for a 2 years MA program.

I saw in cic.ga.ca website that, I need to wait for 6 months out of 12 months to obtain a off campus work permit. That means for first 6 months I will just study without any work? It will take around 6 + 2 = 8 months to get my off campus work permit.

It's very tough for me to allocate huge fund during those months :(

Those who are already Canada please help me, let me know if there are some kind of arrangements for jobs in that period. And also let me know that what you did during those first 6 or 8 months?

Thanks in advance.
i'm already in canada and i know all about this .. add me on fb : careerabroad76@yahoo.com

career abroad

Aug 26, 2013
atulsharma said:
Hi all,

I have applied for GCB B406 Sep2013 intake...wanted to check about the CO- Op options....

i haven't received my offer letter yet...Is GCB good for co op Education...?

I have also heard that after this course if we do a GAS Program from niagara college for 4 months .. we are eligible for 3 PGWP...is that true..?

Off campus work prmit is only Given after completion of 6 months....so is there any alternative to earn money and how difficult it is ..?

one last thing in my mind...I belong to middle class family...want to check spending 10 to 12 lacs coming to canada do you guys think we would be able to recover the Money and get PR after studying and working in canada...

Thanks for you attentions and replies... :)

Regards,
Atul
yes everyone is doing like this and getting 3 years work permit

chander_ck

Aug 31, 2013
Hi,
Below are my details-
10- 82.2%
12 - 82.4%
Btech (CSE) - 69.3%
Work exp - 1.5 years software engg (Business intelligence and Data warehousing)
I want to go canada. so could you please help me what type of course should i go for and from where?
I have 2 options either MBA (2 years) or Strategic Relationship program (1 year) from George brown college or any other valuable suggestion?
Could you please help me ASAP !!!

Thanks in advnce

:) :) :)

priya83

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
NOC Code......
Med's Request
10-03
Med's Done....
23-03
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2014 PP reached NVDO 31-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM May 5th. Pp received.
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
hey

i have applied for a study permit and work permit online together because my uni told me i can do that as my coop is mandatory, however the EVR request asks me to move forward only if i have 6 months full time study completed in Canada. Does anyone know what to do? I have also emailed my adviser but im sure people have applied together before .

Please answer my query

princessliz

Sep 10, 2013
Hi Vinod,

First, Congratulations for making it in Canada!

I am also aspiring to study in Canada. I have a lot of questions so I signed up on this Forum to know more about the process in studying in Canada.

Did you pay for any consultant in applying for admissions, and study permit in Canada? I am considering one but find it really expensive which I think can add up instead to my savings for the needed expenses in Canada. However, having a consultant would of course save me from the hassles as I am working full time. If you applied by yourself, how was the whole process?

I am planning to apply for a Masters program with September 2014 class start. I have read that at least 1 year before your target start date will be great. So I would like to know how did you start your dream of studying in Canada?

I would love to hear your advice.

Thanks a lot! :)

princessliz

Sep 10, 2013
nittrik said:
I appreciate your help bro :) ..... Yes m dealing with canada based consultancy, just waiting for their response.....will share it soon....... I would really appreciate if other members can also share their inputs on Universities vs Colleges better chances of getting visaaa.......
May I know which Canada based consultancy you are dealing with now? Also, how is the payment? If you can share your experience with them please. Waiting for your reply. Thanks!

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
priya83 said:
hey

i have applied for a study permit and work permit online together because my uni told me i can do that as my coop is mandatory, however the EVR request asks me to move forward only if i have 6 months full time study completed in Canada. Does anyone know what to do? I have also emailed my adviser but im sure people have applied together before .

Please answer my query
If you haven;t already landed in Cananda you cant apply study and work permit together. You can only apply for study visa and once you land at any port of entry i.e Airport then you will be given study permit and work permit together if your "Offer of Acceptance" states that your study has co-op term.