+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED IN CANADA; CLASSES STARTED; NOW ITS GIVE BACK TIME

nittrik

May 23, 2013
Hey guys

Just got an acceptance letter from Humber for Global Business Management for Sept 2013 intake under non SPP, now need your valuable suggestions regarding showing my funds, m planing to pay 1st semester fee by my own savings.

1. how much money i should show in my account and my sponsors savings account?
2. What all things are important for a smooth for a smooth transition.

I just came to know that non spp takes little longer, so all suggestions are welcome because i think i have very little time.......

Appreciate your answers

Sonesh

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Toronto Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vinod,

Great that you are volunteering to help students looking forward to pursue this course. I have applied for Business Analyst IT course in George Brown for jan 2014 intake and I was wondering when is the best time to come down to canada in terms of part time job availibility, weather, availibility of house for rent. And also a general feedback on how the course is? If i can get in touch with some students before coming down to canada to stay with? How are the campus placements? how does the cost of living look like? What do you suggest we should shop most of the things from India and bring there or should we purchase directly from there which is more feasible for items like laptops, clothes etc.??

MandyKMF

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
Im going to GBC as well this sept....and i have a question regarding arrival and POE questions asked by immigration officer....

I am currently working in India and i applied from here....however my parents are in bahrain...and im planning to leave from there...

so when they ask whr r u coming from .....should i say bahrain or india....i mean bahrain as i my flight is from there....would they be doubtful....as in would i then leave canada to go to bahrain or india .....

*so confused*

socrates

Mar 13, 2013
MandyKMF said:
Im going to GBC as well this sept....and i have a question regarding arrival and POE questions asked by immigration officer....

I am currently working in India and i applied from here....however my parents are in bahrain...and im planning to leave from there...

so when they ask whr r u coming from .....should i say bahrain or india....i mean bahrain as i my flight is from there....would they be doubtful....as in would i then leave canada to go to bahrain or india .....

*so confused*
thats no problem.. iam also going from cochin to dubai.. staying there for a week and then flying to toronto.. iam also admitted @gbc for sept 3rd. visa issued

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
MandyKMF said:

*so confused*
they wont ask where ur from...ur passport tells them where ur from ....which country u traveled through does not matter ur nationality matters. if they ask u where ru coming from then u say which ever country u started and via so and so country. e.g. from mumbai via baharin etc if they ask u ,ur travel itinerary . if ur staying for a few days in baharin then u say i started from mumbai stayed in baharin for so many days etc....dont worry it is not a big deal.

Sonesh

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Toronto Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks congratulations for getting in GBC for sept intake. It would be great if we can connect over on a group over fb or so. if you can share your mail id's i am ready to make a group. my email id is sonesh.aiesec@gmail.com. If we are more in number it will be easy for us to get a stay or temp job or something.

drifter91

Jul 26, 2013
chaitnay7777 said:
hii...i want to ask that u which progrm are u studying in gbc.....i will also be applying for sep 13 batch in wireless networking progrm in gbc...so if u have any feedback about this progrm do share....
Hi chaitanya I was looking forward to apply for the same course for Fall 2014.
Wanna know it's value there and back in India?
What are the job aspects after doing the course?

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drifter91 said:
Hi chaitanya I was looking forward to apply for the same course for Fall 2014.
Wanna know it's value there and back in India?
What are the job aspects after doing the course?
i didin't apply fr sep intake may also go fr jan intake....course is very good....bt there r sme problems..
1st the progrm is of one year..
2nd fees of this progrm is very high around $18500 and the same progrm is available in humber with fees around $13500...so this has created a confusion in my mind....

drifter91

Jul 26, 2013
Oh!
That means Humber is better from economic point of view?
But what about 1 year duration problem??
What are the job prospects after completing it?
How much an average salary we can expect?

MandyKMF

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
socrates said:
thats no problem.. iam also going from cochin to dubai.. staying there for a week and then flying to toronto.. iam also admitted @ gbc for sept 3rd. visa issued
thanks a lot socrates...u n i have a similar case then....keep us updated on this forum once u land....and the questions asked my IO

im STILL waiting for my visa....dno how much longer i have to wait :(

MandyKMF

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
mead said:
they wont ask where ur from...ur passport tells them where ur from ....which country u traveled through does not matter ur nationality matters. if they ask u where ru coming from then u say which ever country u started and via so and so country. e.g. from mumbai via baharin etc if they ask u ,ur travel itinerary . if ur staying for a few days in baharin then u say i started from mumbai stayed in baharin for so many days etc....dont worry it is not a big deal.
thanks a lot mead....ya will be staying for 2 weeks in bahrain,....my parents are there so planning to shop there....that is IF i get this damn visa....which ive been waiting for far too long!!!!! ::)

MandyKMF

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
how much longer do i have to wait..... :eek:

applied on 8th of June....got medical request on 10th of July....now jus waiting!!!!!!!!!!

tony15551

Aug 2, 2013
hey dubaitotorronto,,,i would like to know the expenses for 2 year course in alberta

1)bond which should be shown ?
2)other expenses ?
3)for one year how much do we want ? (total)

please reply :)

siddharth28

Jul 2, 2013
Hello guys,

i need a serious help i have completed my engineering in IT last month and planning for higher studies in canada. I looked through few courses which interests me (mixture of IT and management) all these courses are only for 8 months and 4 months of co-op and these programs come under Ontario College Graduate Certificate. I want to know the value of certificate. first of all is it an certificate program or diploma or PG diploma? whats its value when i return back to india?

Please Help.

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
@ Siddharth value for canadian education is same as like you are tendering Canadian currency bill to a grocery store in India (It is vaguely a common sense)