+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED IN CANADA; CLASSES STARTED; NOW ITS GIVE BACK TIME

atulsharma

Apr 19, 2013
Hi all,

I have applied for GCB B406 Sep2013 intake...wanted to check about the CO- Op options....

i haven't received my offer letter yet...Is GCB good for co op Education...?

I have also heard that after this course if we do a GAS Program from niagara college for 4 months .. we are eligible for 3 PGWP...is that true..?

Off campus work prmit is only Given after completion of 6 months....so is there any alternative to earn money and how difficult it is ..?

one last thing in my mind...I belong to middle class family...want to check spending 10 to 12 lacs coming to canada do you guys think we would be able to recover the Money and get PR after studying and working in canada...

Thanks for you attentions and replies... :)

Regards,
Atul

sani014

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atulsharma said:
Hi all,

I have applied for GCB B406 Sep2013 intake...wanted to check about the CO- Op options....

I have also heard that after this course if we do a GAS Program from niagara college for 4 months .. we are eligible for 3 PGWP...is that true..?

Off campus work prmit is only Given after completion of 6 months....so is there any alternative to earn money and how difficult it is ..?

one last thing in my mind...I belong to middle class family...want to check spending 10 to 12 lacs coming to canada do you guys think we would be able to recover the Money and get PR after studying and working in canada...

Regards,
Atul
i am also like you, from a middle class family and would like to know whether I can manage my living expenses by working off campus job? :(
i am also worried whether I will be able to pay back the 12-15 lacs I would need to spend on studying?

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
You can manage living expense by OCWP but its hard. You can also manage the money if you get PGWP(post graduation work permit) after studying.

nssnick

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Hi Dubiatotoronto

As you are in Toronto, Can you please help me know about Humber College? I am going for IT Solutions program.

Thanks

Davs

Mar 10, 2013
Dear DubaiToronto need your immediate guidance below is my case: I have done by B.sc in physics full time with 43.25% in 2003 and have done my PT MBA from NMIMS during 2008-2011 (3 year PT program) with CGPA of 2.5/4 (62.5%).

I am currently working with HSBC bank as AVP in India earning (14.5Lacs + Bonus). I am a Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Certified Six sigma Green Belt, Certified ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor. I am a Prince 2 Certified as well as PMP Trained professional. I am interested in migrating to Canada but not sure if i should apply directly for PR under the new FSW rule. Due to my low marks it difficult to enter as student especially for a MBA program due to my low marks. Only option to enter as student is for PG diploma programs from community colleges.

Please suggest i) Should i enter as student or apply directly for PR ii) Have u met or know any one who is six sigma black belt or Prince 2 certified? Whats an approx salary for such roles and is there any demand? iii) I am married and will have to get my wife so what kind of saving should i consider for first six months (assuming no income in Canada)? Sorry for so many questions but really need your help...Other seniors please suggest as well...Thanks and god bless you for all the guidance...this forum is a boon for ppl like us.....Enjoy!

draval84

Apr 20, 2013
dubaitotoronto said:
Hi All,

This forum has been a great help for me in my journey to Canada. Many people replied to my posts, I understood many things from other members' posts. I saw many guys taking a lot of efforts to help others without expecting anything in return. Everything went well for me, I got VISA, landed in Canada now studying one year post graduate certificate program at George Brown college, Toronto.

Now, its give back time for me. If you may have any questions regarding any of the topics like, SPP or General, Gap in Studies, Course mis- match, consultancies or self, flight tickets, transit in other countries, Port of entry procedures, COOP work permit, accommodation in Canada etc.... I can answer from my experiences (These were some questions I had)

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK

Vinod

hi Vinod,

i am 28 yrs old. working as a web designer. i have applied for may intake for project management course .. but i got rejection.

so can u pls guide me what should i do now...?

j.mann

Apr 13, 2013
Visa Office......
chandigarh visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Passport Req..
17-june-2013
VISA ISSUED...
under processing
LANDED..........
i wish...i will be there.....
what was the reason of rejection??? share ur full profile ...

nittrik

May 23, 2013
Hello everyone,

Guys m also planing to apply for Sept 13 intake, little confused about something. I have completed my bachelors in 2006 Arts & Humanities and after that i started working as a credit and collections analyst, i have got over 6 years of experience in banking and finance, Aml Compliance and traveled to United states multiple times for different projects. Currently working as a business analyst with one multinational company, I wanted to do an MBA abroad but due to a service level agreement with my current organization i was unable to pursue my dream but my contract is going to get over in july 2013 so i have already started my prepration ..... 10th -50%, 12th - 68%, bachelors - 55%, IELTS - 6.5 (over all). I have already traveled half of the United States but Canada was always my choice, a canada based consultancy is handling my case n i have already sent all my docs including experience letters for screening....now waiting for their response n list of institutes they are going to suggest me. i know my scores are average but still lets hope for the best ....

my questions.......

Question # 1 - I have completed my bachelors in 2006, do u think that i can qualify under SPP?
Question # 2 - i have heard theres no MBA course under SPP, is it true?

i am looking for a post graduation program (degree/diploma/certificate) where we can have an option of weekend/online classes... Need ur suggestions some good collages with best management programs.

I have heard lot of good things about GBC for management studies....

Need some guidance....

Thanks

draval84

Apr 20, 2013
j.mann said:
what was the reason of rejection??? share ur full profile ...
the rejection reason is your proposed study is not reasonable in the light of ur previous studies and.......

my profile..
12th - 2001
DTP course - 2002
Dip multimedia - 2006
B.A - 2010
dip web designing - 2011

At present i am working as a web designer. once i got rejection for project mngmnt course ...
pls tell me what r my chances now....

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nittrik said:
Hello everyone,

Guys m also planing to apply for Sept 13 intake, little confused about something. I have completed my bachelors in 2006 Arts & Humanities and after that i started working as a credit and collections analyst, i have got over 6 years of experience in banking and finance, Aml Compliance and traveled to United states multiple times for different projects. Currently working as a business analyst with one multinational company, I wanted to do an MBA abroad but due to a service level agreement with my current organization i was unable to pursue my dream but my contract is going to get over in july 2013 so i have already started my prepration ..... 10th -50%, 12th - 68%, bachelors - 55%, IELTS - 6.5 (over all). I have already traveled half of the United States but Canada was always my choice, a canada based consultancy is handling my case n i have already sent all my docs including experience letters for screening....now waiting for their response n list of institutes they are going to suggest me. i know my scores are average but still lets hope for the best ....

my questions.......

Question # 1 - I have completed my bachelors in 2006, do u think that i can qualify under SPP?
Question # 2 - i have heard theres no MBA course under SPP, is it true?

i am looking for a post graduation program (degree/diploma/certificate) where we can have an option of weekend/online classes... Need ur suggestions some good collages with best management programs.

I have heard lot of good things about GBC for management studies....

Need some guidance....

Thanks
You should consult a good consultant? (just discuss).

Well for i'm no expert on Visa issues but still it would be much better if you apply to University. (Colleges are good but visa chances are too low).

My best bet would be you applying to Masters Program could be anywhere where. It will surely help you and secondly you need to handsome funds to get approved :). Hope thats helps brother.

nittrik

May 23, 2013
wJaz said:
You should consult a good consultant? (just discuss).

Well for i'm no expert on Visa issues but still it would be much better if you apply to University. (Colleges are good but visa chances are too low).

My best bet would be you applying to Masters Program could be anywhere where. It will surely help you and secondly you need to handsome funds to get approved :). Hope thats helps brother.
I appreciate your help bro :) ..... Yes m dealing with canada based consultancy, just waiting for their response.....will share it soon....... I would really appreciate if other members can also share their inputs on Universities vs Colleges better chances of getting visaaa.......

nittrik

May 23, 2013
atulsharma said:
Hi all,

Regards,
Atul

Hey Atul....you heard it right bro, initially it will b difficult to earn but yes if u would be staying with roommates n sharing your accommodation thn it will be easier for u... N yes even i have short listed GBC for CO-op...... But still searching for some good programs n colleges wherein we can get a chance to attend evening classes/online classes.

kubee

May 27, 2013
dubaitotoronto said:
Hi All,

This forum has been a great help for me in my journey to Canada. Many people replied to my posts, I understood many things from other members' posts. I saw many guys taking a lot of efforts to help others without expecting anything in return. Everything went well for me, I got VISA, landed in Canada now studying one year post graduate certificate program at George Brown college, Toronto.

Now, its give back time for me. If you may have any questions regarding any of the topics like, SPP or General, Gap in Studies, Course mis- match, consultancies or self, flight tickets, transit in other countries, Port of entry procedures, COOP work permit, accommodation in Canada etc.... I can answer from my experiences (These were some questions I had)

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK

hi Vinod, lm still trying to choose d course that is most wanted in d labor market, l hv d options of Global Business Mgt, human Resources Mgt and project mgt to choose from but l really want to do med diag sonography . my questions are 1. after studying d social sciences can l get a job fast or can l change to a different course and school after a semester in the programs. reasons because ll want to be able to apply for permanent residency so dat l can sponsor my family...tanx

Vinod