+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed Immigrants: Share Landing, Job hunt, house hunt & other experience

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
sharma77 said:
i think its the cheapest health insurance available in india
http://www.royalsundaram.in/travel-shield/travel-shield-plan.aspx
Royal Sundaram does not provide travel insurance for "immigrants"... Its only for visitors....

If you take one claiming to be a visitor and in case of a hospitalization , they asks for the passports:- Which will make your claims invalid......

ALL : Those who are applying for travel insurance from India... be specific about the immigrant status.... FYI

I know that ICICI Lombard provides travel insurance for immigrants... (Need to check with TATA AIG and Reliance..)
As per ICICI Lombard , for Immigrants the travel insurance is available for a max period of (60 days)..

In that case.. the option left is to get one from Canada for the 3rd month

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maverick_stallion said:
citizenship to take 5 yrs from now on....

dear all people,

i have heard that can citizen will take 5 yrs is it true or false. senior members kindly confirm
After 3 years of stay in Canada, you become eligible to file for Canadian Citizenship and then after filling the papers it takes 9 - 15 months for Citizenship oath.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indian Driving Licence - Particulars Letter (Authenticity letter and International Driving Licence)

Hi All,

Though I should share this with you

If you are a resident of India and have an Indian Driving Licence.

The international Driving Licence fee is 500 INR and now days it is just a print out. 08:30 - 12:30 forms can be submitted and International Driving Licence can be issued same day.

Other most important letter is the authenticity letter for your India DL. It is called as Particulars letter. Very easy to get. Goto the RTO and tell them to take a print out of your DL particulars and verify it. That is it. It will help you to fetch Canadian Driving Licence and may be help you upgrade the driving class as well.

Best of luck all

Source:http://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit_transport/Transport/Home/Driving+Licence/International+Driving+Licence

International driving licenses are issued from various zonal offices. The validity of this permit is for one year. You are required to get your licence from the country your visiting within one year period. Following documents are to be produced at the time of applying for a International driving license :-

-Valid driving licence issued.
-attested copy of address proof.
-attested copy of Birth certificate
-Valid passport
-Valid Visa
-Fee of Rs. 500/-
-Five passport size photograph.
-Medical Form 1A ( Medical Certificate required in case of applicant more than 50 years of age).

The International driving license is issued from 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM from the Concerned Zonal Office

sulekhakulashari

Star Member
Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/10/2009
Thanks Rockey for sharing it. It would help many people.

Canadian4U

May 12, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rocky.. You rock man.

Really appreciate your effort to putting all relevant data in one forum just to make people's life convenient.

Thanks for all such useful information.

Regards

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
One more election promise from a politician.

Toronto Jobs:

http://roccorossi.com/blog/torontos-jobs-mayor/

http://www.torontoelectionnews.com/2010/05/19/star-rossi-says-he%E2%80%99d-create-250000-jobs/

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
rocky272727 said:
Indian Driving Licence - Particulars Letter (Authenticity letter and International Driving Licence)

Hi All,

Though I should share this with you

If you are a resident of India and have an Indian Driving Licence.

The international Driving Licence fee is 500 INR and now days it is just a print out. 08:30 - 12:30 forms can be submitted and International Driving Licence can be issued same day.

Other most important letter is the authenticity letter for your India DL. It is called as Particulars letter. Very easy to get. Goto the RTO and tell them to take a print out of your DL particulars and verify it. That is it. It will help you to fetch Canadian Driving Licence and may be help you upgrade the driving class as well.

Best of luck all

Source:http://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit_transport/Transport/Home/Driving+Licence/International+Driving+Licence

International driving licenses are issued from various zonal offices. The validity of this permit is for one year. You are required to get your licence from the country your visiting within one year period. Following documents are to be produced at the time of applying for a International driving license :-

-Valid driving licence issued.
-attested copy of address proof.
-attested copy of Birth certificate
-Valid passport
-Valid Visa
-Fee of Rs. 500/-
-Five passport size photograph.
-Medical Form 1A ( Medical Certificate required in case of applicant more than 50 years of age).

The International driving license is issued from 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM from the Concerned Zonal Office

gr8 Rockey. Again you have given a crucial information.

pammi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2008
Doc's Request.
17-06-2009
Med's Request
22-9-2009
Med's Done....
12-10-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5 -11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
28-1-2010
LANDED..........
landed on 24 june toronto
Hi all,
Firsly congratulations to rocky for this wonderful thread.
I am landing on 24 june.Right now i am living in Kuwait and visa is issued from london.I have booked my tickets from India (delhi-brusels-toronto) and I am confused if it is going to be a problem as i am not landing from kuwait.If any have any problem in this earlier or if any immigration officer have asked how the visa issued from london if u do not landed in london?
Pls if anyone have this experience clarify.
pammi

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pammi said:
Hi all,
Firsly congratulations to rocky for this wonderful thread.
I am landing on 24 june.Right now i am living in Kuwait and visa is issued from london.I have booked my tickets from India (delhi-brusels-toronto) and I am confused if it is going to be a problem as i am not landing from kuwait.If any have any problem in this earlier or if any immigration officer have asked how the visa issued from london if u do not landed in london?
Pls if anyone have this experience clarify.
pammi
I am 100 % sure on this one that there will not be a problem at all. You can complete your landing from any country. Best of luck and thanks

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
rocky272727 said:
malu08, Canadian4U, sulekhakulashari,
:D Happy to help and share

Rocky 8)
Rocky baai Goggles badiaa ghaint paiaan :p

binny8

Jan 5, 2010
hi all,

landed on 21st may....
here is my experience-

took jet airways from delhi...

1. at the check in counter- my luggage was 2 kg over....
requested the lady at the counter and she let it pass....
i would sugguest keep ur luggage to 23 kg dont exceed this limit.

2. the customs clearance in India was easy , he just checked the passport and asked if i was carrying my landing papers...and i went through...
Indian airport now is much better than the one in Brussuels.

3. landed in Brussuels- had to go through checks again...here they asked to open the hand bag and we were made to take shoes off.
not very friendly staff, but only 2.5 hrs break so it was fine.

4. Reached destination Toronto- just after deboarding the flight =, the officer checking the passports asked if i was a new immigrant and he greeted me ' welcome to canada ' and guided me to immigration officer.

5. Immigration officer asked me- which category i applied through?
why i chose canada to immigrate?
when will my family join me?
how many dependants i have?
then he asked for my address tfor PR card...
6.i was send to new immigrants counter - here i was given some books and pamphlets .which i have to read..

7. i proceeded to take my lugguage had to pay 2$ for the trolley, got change from the potter near the trolley.

8. then to custome office- he asked if i had anything coming in near future
i gave him a list of things to follow, he stamped the jewellery photo and evaluation report i got from india.
then he asked for funds i was carrying, i told him the amount...but he was not convinced and asked me to show the money...
i showed him the tc's and cash i had he counted it and wrote the actual amount in my form...

9. Came out of the airport- it was a hot sunny day temp was near 23 c - checked into my accomodation and now relaxing full time as this is a long weekend (Victorias day)
so all the govt offices will open from tuesday...

hope this info will be usefull for some...

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
binny8 said:
hi all,

landed on 21st may....
here is my experience-

took jet airways from delhi...

1. at the check in counter- my luggage was 2 kg over....
requested the lady at the counter and she let it pass....
i would sugguest keep ur luggage to 23 kg dont exceed this limit.

2. the customs clearance in India was easy , he just checked the passport and asked if i was carrying my landing papers...and i went through...
Indian airport now is much better than the one in Brussuels.

3. landed in Brussuels- had to go through checks again...here they asked to open the hand bag and we were made to take shoes off.
not very friendly staff, but only 2.5 hrs break so it was fine.

4. Reached destination Toronto- just after deboarding the flight =, the officer checking the passports asked if i was a new immigrant and he greeted me ' welcome to canada ' and guided me to immigration officer.

5. Immigration officer asked me- which category i applied through?
why i chose canada to immigrate?
when will my family join me?
how many dependants i have?
then he asked for my address tfor PR card...
6.i was send to new immigrants counter - here i was given some books and pamphlets .which i have to read..

7. i proceeded to take my lugguage had to pay 2$ for the trolley, got change from the potter near the trolley.

8. then to custome office- he asked if i had anything coming in near future
i gave him a list of things to follow, he stamped the jewellery photo and evaluation report i got from india.
then he asked for funds i was carrying, i told him the amount...but he was not convinced and asked me to show the money...
i showed him the tc's and cash i had he counted it and wrote the actual amount in my form...

9. Came out of the airport- it was a hot sunny day temp was near 23 c - checked into my accomodation and now relaxing full time as this is a long weekend (Victorias day)
so all the govt offices will open from tuesday...

hope this info will be usefull for some...
Thanks for sharing.