+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed Immigrants: Share Landing, Job hunt, house hunt & other experience

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Lands,

your point on the credit scoring thing is quite relevant as i currently work for a bank in india in the credit cell its a interesting read and yes you are right. nice way to crack your credit scoring issues.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Post by dineshchabbara Thanks for sharing

Hello to all,

Today, I landed here at Paradise, I mean Pearson International Airport, Toronto. It's really wonderful. Landing process was extremely simple. I did not face any kind of problem except getting change of 2 dollars for trolley. I did not find any vending machine and I had to go to Money Exchange Counter. I landed from Air India Flight AI 187, it was 1:30 hour late due to some airline problem and paper work at Heathrow Airport, London. Flight landed at 6:00 pm on 25th May, 2010. We had already got a form to fill (Declaration Form), filled the form and gave it to the counter at Airport and told the officer that I am the new immigrant. He sent me to the Immigration Counter. Luckily, there was no rush. A lady officer was there and she was jolly fellow. She asked me whether I am married. I said, No I am single. She again asked whether I have any children. I said I am single and she started laughing. I think she was kidding with me. I told her that I have more than 10,000 CAD and then she asked where I was working. I told her. She did not ask me anything about list of goods or any other thing. She then sent me to Newcomers Section, where I got bag and few pamphlets to know more about country and its system. After that, I was sent to another lady officer who also gave me some more pamphlets and told me about how to get SIN Number and Health Card. It took only 10 minutes to complete the process. Officers were really very cordial and supprotive. After that, I got my luggage. Struggled to get CAD 2. But, it was fine. I got that easily. My luggage was not checked anywhere. I went out and relatives were already waiting for me.
It was my landing process. I hope all my forum friends who are planning to land shortly will get bit relief with this one. I just wanna say that landing is very simple process. We have already got Visa and therefore, we need not to worry about landing. It will be done smoothly. Just be sure.

Take Care Friends.

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
hi roccky,

thanks so much for valuable information

saleem

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
All,

Even though I have this feeling that it should not be a problem but wanted to be sure as we have experts in this forum who can guide properly.

As I have got my PR visa from New Delhi but in case if I want to go to Toronto from USA By crossing border or direct flight.

Do you guys see any issue here?

Thanks,

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
rocky272727 said:
No not yet. Was just checking the fares. But will probably go Via Jet or Air India only. Just was thinking via to take a hoping flight of direct.

Any idea about hop in UK, London. I hope we do not require transit visa's. Some one told me they he was asked to get one while travelling to US. It doesn't seem to be logical.
You will need transit visa only if you don't have a valid visa for the US (that I am sure of). Made several trips through Europe while studying in the US. Same may apply if you have Canada PR.

lands

Jan 28, 2010
malu08 said:
All,

Even though I have this feeling that it should not be a problem but wanted to be sure as we have experts in this forum who can guide properly.

As I have got my PR visa from New Delhi but in case if I want to go to Toronto from USA By crossing border or direct flight.

Do you guys see any issue here?

Thanks,
You can, but you will require VISA to travel to US.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
Can we apply for US B2 visa from Canada after we become PR or we have to complete in India before landing at Canada.

In my case all of us except my 1 yr old son have USA B1/B2/ visa.

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
@ Hi all

UAE exchange(money transfer agency) people told me that it is not possible to carry all the amount in cash from India, for immigrants the maximum limit per passport is 2000CAD, is it true? Kindly advice.

As I know one can carry a lot of money in cash,even up to 100000CAD! I am looking to carry the required funds in cash as it would be economical.

Regards

Canadian4U

May 12, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doglover said:
@ Hi all

UAE exchange(money transfer agency) people told me that it is not possible to carry all the amount in cash from India, for immigrants the maximum limit per passport is 2000CAD, is it true? Kindly advice.

As I know one can carry a lot of money in cash,even up to 100000CAD! I am looking to carry the required funds in cash as it would be economical.

Regards
My brother is a frequent visitor to CANADA due to business purposes. I confirmed with him also that Max limit to carry cash is CAD 2000. We can't carry more than CAD 2000 as cash.

Regards

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
I live and work in US and i will be going to Edmonton to land this june 7th. My concern is i am going there for only 2 days just to land and then will be back to US. is there a possibility that the Visa officer may not apply for my PR at the port of entry when he/she determines that i will be leaving canada in 2 days? Ofcoz i am not going to take the initiative to crack the fact that i will be leaving in 2 days but if they ask i have to tell them. then what to do? did anyone face this type of situation? i cant leave my work here and stay there for 2 months to get the pr card.

My other question. When i list the goods to go can i put my car also in the list even though the car is not yet paid off full as its a brand new one from last year. So in that situation is my car eligible to be listed in the goods to follow items for now and then when i actually move to Canada i will pay the car off to take with me. Please advise

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
Doglover said:
@ Hi all

Regards
There is a recent change in the norms... From India we can take an amount equivalent or less than 3000 USD as cash... (the change is made one or 2 weeks before)....

Please confirm the same again with the bank... I have read the same in some local newspaper...

check the link for details....

http://beta.profit.ndtv.com/news/show/travellers-going-abroad-now-can-buy-forex-up-to-3-000-38664

P.S. UAE exchange is ready to give 3000CAD when I checked last week.....