+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Labeling supporting documents

Americanteacher

Sep 13, 2021
I was thinking of placing a (mailing) label in the upper right hand corner of each supporting document
- with a title explaining what each document is. I thought this would clarify exactly what it is so they know why
it is there. Has anyone done this? What do you think?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I was thinking of placing a (mailing) label in the upper right hand corner of each supporting document
- with a title explaining what each document is. I thought this would clarify exactly what it is so they know why
it is there. Has anyone done this? What do you think?
I don't think it will hurt but could simply be written in clear block lettering. Hopefully most documents are fairly clear.

I added/included a Table of Contents/Index to the application with numbers and text showing what each document was, and that number was prominently written on each additional doc. (Note writing the numbers was one of the last steps so that I would be able to reorganise/renumber as I worked on the package)

To be honest I did it this way to a large degree to allow me to keep track of what documents I was planning to include (and which I already had/had yet to acquire etc) and to help me organise, and then realised it was the easiest way to group and include in the package.

Obviously I can't guarantee this won't cause problems or will help, but we didn't have any problems.

Americanteacher

Sep 13, 2021
I don't think it will hurt but could simply be written in clear block lettering. Hopefully most documents are fairly clear.

I added/included a Table of Contents/Index to the application with numbers and text showing what each document was, and that number was prominently written on each additional doc. (Note writing the numbers was one of the last steps so that I would be able to reorganise/renumber as I worked on the package)

To be honest I did it this way to a large degree to allow me to keep track of what documents I was planning to include (and which I already had/had yet to acquire etc) and to help me organise, and then realised it was the easiest way to group and include in the package.

Obviously I can't guarantee this won't cause problems or will help, but we didn't have any problems.
Thank you so much for the detailed reply! I sure appreciate it!