Sent Online App: 2/26/2013
Request for Passport: 3/24/2013
Sent Passport: 3/28/2013
Consulate Received Passport: 4/1/2013
Consulate Sent Passport: 4/11/2013

red1

Apr 10, 2013
aravinda said:
Congratulations Red1! That's great news. Did your status show up before 5:30 pm LA time or after 5:30 pm LA time?
USPS status updated after 5 but the package arrived at the LA post office around 2PM today.

aravinda

Mar 17, 2013
Yayyyy!!! My return envelope status has been activated on USPS!!

My timeline for the benefit of all the lovely people on this forum who helped me through the anxious times:

Application Submitted Online: 5th March, 2013
Passport requested by embassy: 27th March, 2013
Passport sent by me: 27th March, 2013
Passport received at LA: 28th March, 2013
Passport sent from LA: 11th April, 2013. Accepted 4:00 pm.
Passport received: Hopefully tomorrow as I included an express envelope.

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
Congrats Aravind..looks like it's taking close to 45 days for end to end processing..

aravinda

Mar 17, 2013
Yes, but if you're not as unlucky as I am, your second phase should not take this long. This is unusual and happened only in case of veb1 and me.

By the way, Aravinda , not Aravind. (not that it matters but Aravind is a boy's name and Aravinda is a girl's name!). :)

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
Hmm.. Aravinda.. ;) My travel date is 4/27, not yet received request to send passport..may cut very close to the dates.. can you send me the address at which you had sent the pp? Thx..

veb1

Mar 12, 2013
aravinda said:
Veb1, I really hope your sixth sense sensed right..all the best!
UPDATE: My sixth sense sensed it right, and it seems for a lot others as well. My return express mail tracker was activated as well (after 6.30 pm PST). Expecting it by Sat. In case u r wondering how my sixth sense was so accurate, here's the real deal - I had actually sent an inquiry to the consulate explaining in detail how mine is stuck for so many days when others were approved in 2-3 days. Surprisingly i got a response and said they will be mailing my ppt today. Maybe our packages were misplaced in the consulate in the regular Q or something and my mail made them check it (just my imagination). Either way congrats to all who had been painstakingly waiting and got their ppt and good luck to those who r still waiting.
Veb1

aravinda

Mar 17, 2013
Dbs said:
Hmm.. Aravinda.. ;) My travel date is 4/27, not yet received request to send passport..may cut very close to the dates.. can you send me the address at which you had sent the pp? Thx..
Dbs1,

I sent it to the LA consulate. 550 S Hope St, Los Angeles, CA 90071. Although veb1 and I had a bad experience, I'd still say majority of the people on this group had better results from LA compared to NY. So, make a call accordingly. Wish you all the best!

aravinda

Mar 17, 2013
veb1 said:
UPDATE: My sixth sense sensed it right, and it seems for a lot others as well. My return express mail tracker was activated as well (after 6.30 pm PST). Expecting it by Sat. In case u r wondering how my sixth sense was so accurate, here's the real deal - I had actually sent an inquiry to the consulate explaining in detail how mine is stuck for so many days when others were approved in 2-3 days. Surprisingly i got a response and said they will be mailing my ppt today. Maybe our packages were misplaced in the consulate in the regular Q or something and my mail made them check it (just my imagination). Either way congrats to all who had been painstakingly waiting and got their ppt and good luck to those who r still waiting.
Veb1
Congrats veb1, this seems to be a good day for most people. My package was "Accepted at 4 pm" and "Dispatched to sort facility" at 6:00 pm. I wonder if it will come tomorrow or day after.

veb1

Mar 12, 2013
aravinda said:
Congrats veb1, this seems to be a good day for most people. My package was "Accepted at 4 pm" and "Dispatched to sort facility" at 6:00 pm. I wonder if it will come tomorrow or day after.
Mine says guaranteed by Sat. 12pm. It may or may not come tomorrow.