+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korean Police Certificate

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Korean Police Certificate WITH LAPSE RECORDS required by CIC is only for internal use by the Korean Government. CIC gave me 30 days to Re-submit a document that is illegal for submission according to Korean law. What do I do?

Background info:
-My parents live in Busan since 1996 under Korean Work Visa holding a Russian passport.
- parents have a clean record
- Korean consulate officer in Toronto wrote me an email indicating it is illegal to share criminal record WITH LAPSE RECORDS and punishable by a fine and an imprisonment
- I hired a lawyer in Seoul why by lying to the local police agency may help us get this document COPY (a. CIC needs an original copy b. IS THIS SOME KIND OF A SINISTER JOKE? My parents have to break a law in order to provide a background check without a records)

My application just got cancelled for the very same reason. May I ask what happened to yours? Can I appeal and explain the situation?

Azzam fathima

Jul 26, 2020
Hi there I’m azzam from Sri Lanka I’ve seen many of you struggling with the Korean police reports I was in South Korea 4 years back I lived in South Korea around 5 years of period but I’ve got my proper police report and it was accepted by Canadian high commissioner as well it shows in my GCMC police report has been provided I applied my Korean police report from Korean embassy in Sri Lanka I went there physically and applied it you have to fill up some information regarding which part you was in Korea and also the addresses so and so then I’ve submitted received my police report less than a week I thought it might take time but it wasn’t so if anyone need help feel free to contact me just because of u guy’s I’ve created an account in this canada visa I know how hard if something goes wrong with applications I’ve experienced many time specially the people who’s living in Korea it’s not a easy task I know better than anyone in this group so contact me if u want I’ll leave my whats app number along with this I’m hardly coming up and check those messages in here +94766311266 contact me if u want I’m willing to help you no matter what

pinkpinkpink

Dec 24, 2020
I hope get help as well, can anyone kindly share how to do it when not in Korea? I am currently in Toronto. In case I ask Korea embrassy in Toronto, can they proof the police certificate with lasped record is breaking the law? Appreciate all kind help.

Reactions: ayarafada