+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korean Police Certificate

MKlimenko

Dec 1, 2019
Korean Police Certificate WITH LAPSE RECORDS required by CIC is only for internal use by the Korean Government. CIC gave me 30 days to Re-submit a document that is illegal for submission according to Korean law. What do I do?

Background info:
-My parents live in Busan since 1996 under Korean Work Visa holding a Russian passport.
- parents have a clean record
- Korean consulate officer in Toronto wrote me an email indicating it is illegal to share criminal record WITH LAPSE RECORDS and punishable by a fine and an imprisonment
- I hired a lawyer in Seoul why by lying to the local police agency may help us get this document COPY (a. CIC needs an original copy b. IS THIS SOME KIND OF A SINISTER JOKE? My parents have to break a law in order to provide a background check without a records)

jenijeni

Sep 22, 2019
st. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss
Korean Police Certificate WITH LAPSE RECORDS required by CIC is only for internal use by the Korean Government. CIC gave me 30 days to Re-submit a document that is illegal for submission according to Korean law. What do I do?

Background info:
-My parents live in Busan since 1996 under Korean Work Visa holding a Russian passport.
- Korean consulate officer in Toronto wrote me an email indicating it is illegal to share criminal record WITH LAPSE RECORDS and punishable by a fine and an imprisonment
- I hired a lawyer in Seoul why by lying to the local police agency may help us get this document COPY (a. CIC needs an original copy b. IS THIS SOME KIND OF A SINISTER JOKE? My parents have to break a law in order to provide a background check without a records)
This almost happened to my husband too. me and my husband were in Korea and he was at a police to get the document and a police(?) told us it’s apparently illegal and gone to ask his bose about it. and the bose told him there are a lot of ppl who’s getting it these days just note it that it’s for immigration purpose and he finally gave it to us.. I do not know why it’s illegal but we went through no problem. You should talk to another city hall for it.

jenijeni

Sep 22, 2019
st. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss
my husband got his in Korea so I don’t actually know how to get it from outside of Korea but you can check out this website crims.police.go.kr
I’m not sure if they have what CIC wants tho.

Magjo

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I am living in Canada and I got the criminal record through my friend in Korea.
First of all, you need to go to Consulate General of the Republic on Korea and request a warrant which indicates somebody else will get your documents instead of you. ( you have to put your friend's or family member's name, address, relationship, and phone number)
Then sent it to your friend/family member with your passport (scan it and let them print them out ) and they will be able to get the police certificate for you.

When your friend goes to police station ,they have to say that its for the identification not for PR. (Otherwise they won't provide it)

nutmeg13

Nov 12, 2019
I am living in Canada and I got the criminal record through my friend in Korea.
First of all, you need to go to Consulate General of the Republic on Korea and request a warrant which indicates somebody else will get your documents instead of you. ( you have to put your friend's or family member's name, address, relationship, and phone number)
Then sent it to your friend/family member with your passport (scan it and let them print them out ) and they will be able to get the police certificate for you.

When your friend goes to police station ,they have to say that its for the identification not for PR. (Otherwise they won't provide it)
Where and when did u get your copy please

nutmeg13

Nov 12, 2019
Can your friend help us to be able to get please. We are willing to pay of any amount for it please help us.

Magjo

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Can your friend help us to be able to get please. We are willing to pay of any amount for it please help us.
I think it’s too personal favor I am pretty sure you can find someone who’s willing to do it for you !

nutmeg13

Nov 12, 2019

Background info:
WHat happen to this scenario please