+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korean Police Certificate

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Unfortunately, I don’t know any online website. I had to reach out to my friends in Korea. Alternatively, what you can do is you can contact alminwon.com and there are many other agencies who issue that doc but they charge around 500$. It’s expensive but gives you a sure shot. I was planning to opt for that but during my time of application the laws were stricter and they were not issuing this doc. But I have heard and saw many people getting it through them now easily.
Thanks for the info. I will look into it. Just sent an email to embassy hoping to get any result. The site you sent above (alminwon.com) seems to be down though. Thanks again!

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Another one I did contact was askkorealaw.com. You can try emailing to wchunh@askkorealaw.com. From what I can see from my older emails is that they are cheaper. Not sure if they are still operating though.
Hi again. I got a reply from the Korean National Police Agency stating that this is a type of police certificate that is only for Korean nationals, so now I want to appeal for my application. May I ask how you asked for reconsideration? Through a webform or by email?

selinashanta

Jul 29, 2020
Another one I did contact was askkorealaw.com. You can try emailing to wchunh@askkorealaw.com. From what I can see from my older emails is that they are cheaper. Not sure if they are still operating though.
Hi Ishrat, we are on the same boat. We are planning to get our police clearance from wchunh@askkorealaw.com. Do you have any idea if anyone get the certificate from this company? I just want to make sure they are authentic and the document we will get, be authentic also.

Can anyone please let me know if you get the police clearance certificate from this company?

KingKcaj

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
My wife is also from Korea, I was looking through a lot of old post saying this form was illegal since a while ago. I wasn't having much faith when my wife sent his dad to get the form at the police station. But it seems like my father-in-law was so persistent and argue with the officer for 30+ minute they printed the form for him, we got both, one with lapse and one without. They look identical, except for a line in the middle that say "includes lapse records" and they put a stamp on the lapse record one in Korean saying this document is not for official use. So I just sent in our application a few weeks ago, with both of the forms, hopefully they will accept it.

selinashanta

Jul 29, 2020
My wife is also from Korea, I was looking through a lot of old post saying this form was illegal since a while ago. I wasn't having much faith when my wife sent his dad to get the form at the police station. But it seems like my father-in-law was so persistent and argue with the officer for 30+ minute they printed the form for him, we got both, one with lapse and one without. They look identical, except for a line in the middle that say "includes lapse records" and they put a stamp on the lapse record one in Korean saying this document is not for official use. So I just sent in our application a few weeks ago, with both of the forms, hopefully they will accept it.
Hi, Thank you for your information. In my case, I am not from Korea. Me and my husband went their for our study and left Korea in 2012. We also don't have anyone there who can go to the police station. For us, hiring an agent is the best option. I just want to know if anyone took the police clearance from the agent we are contacting.