+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korean Police Certificate

marta1234

Jun 30, 2017
Hi everyone. Anyone a Korean applicant? We sent in my husbands Korean police cert to IRCC but now they’ve said that we need to re-send it. They didn’t say whether it was because it was the wrong form or whether it was too old, so I’m wondering if any Korean ppl here can help? Thank you.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
You need to have a police record with lapsed records. I believe it's currently almost impossible to get this form. The other version for immigration purpose isn't the correct one and I guess it started last November. I got the correct record for my Korean wife 3 weeks ago in Busan only after 30 mins arguing and trying to persuade the clerk officier to print it. They said they are making a special exception for us but her job is at stake...

Reactions: marta1234

marta1234

Jun 30, 2017
You need to have a police record with lapsed records. I believe it's currently almost impossible to get this form. The other version for immigration purpose isn't the correct one and I guess it started last November. I got the correct record for my Korean wife 3 weeks ago in Busan only after 30 mins arguing and trying to persuade the clerk officier to print it. They said they are making a special exception for us but her job is at stake...
Thank you. Very helpful. We are in Canada so we are having his brother get the form. I hope he succeeds

Reactions: Xilikon

marta1234

Jun 30, 2017
Which police station did you go to? My husband's brother is having the same problem. They keep telling him it is illegal to get this form. He is also in Busan.

YvonneP

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
My husband also has the wrong police record check :-( Does anyone happen to have a copy of the forms that you needed. I do have some friends in Korea that I can see if they can assist us (would need the application form and the power of attorney form). Thanks

ANY information you can provide would be greatly appreciated :)

ishrat6788

Aug 12, 2019
Hi, having a similar issue here. I had given them the PCC i got from Korean embassy in singapore. However, they rejected our application based on that. We have exhausted every option we had. Did contact allminwon. They have also stopped giving PCC with lapsed record. Did send my friend to two different Police station, everywhere she was rejected saying it was illegal to get that document. Kind of lost in here. We did raise a webform expaining this issue, no reply from cic yet. Kinda unfair though, how can we get a document which is illegal in a country!! Anyone who could sort a way out of this, please share your experience.

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hi, having a similar issue here. I had given them the PCC i got from Korean embassy in singapore. However, they rejected our application based on that. We have exhausted every option we had. Did contact allminwon. They have also stopped giving PCC with lapsed record. Did send my friend to two different Police station, everywhere she was rejected saying it was illegal to get that document. Kind of lost in here. We did raise a webform expaining this issue, no reply from cic yet. Kinda unfair though, how can we get a document which is illegal in a country!! Anyone who could sort a way out of this, please share your experience.

Hi! My application also got rejected for the very same reason. May I asked what happened to yours? Can I appeal or something stating the difficulty of getting this document?

ishrat6788

Aug 12, 2019
Hi! My application also got rejected for the very same reason. May I asked what happened to yours? Can I appeal or something stating the difficulty of getting this document?
Hi, Yes you can definitely appeal for this. I did the same and got my PR without the lapsed record PCC. While appealing you need to tell them every effort you took to get that but due to laws in Korea you couldn’t. If possible add some proofs ( like email from any Korean police stations, or anything that proofs you have tried).

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hi, Yes you can definitely appeal for this. I did the same and got my PR without the lapsed record PCC. While appealing you need to tell them every effort you took to get that but due to laws in Korea you couldn’t. If possible add some proofs ( like email from any Korean police stations, or anything that proofs you have tried).
Thank you! I'm searching all over the internet to find the right move now. I'm emailing the Korean embassy right now hoping to get any answers. So you just submitted a webform for this explaining the situation and they accepted? Can I ask how long did that process take for you?

ishrat6788

Aug 12, 2019
Thank you! I'm searching all over the internet to find the right move now. I'm emailing the Korean embassy right now hoping to get any answers. So you just submitted a webform for this explaining the situation and they accepted? Can I ask how long did that process take for you?
Yes, I only appealed to them saying that it was not possible for me because of the law in Korea. But before that I did take steps like emailed the embassy (this was of no help), tried to contact friends who could help and reach out to the police stations in person and talked to them. If you have any sources like that then please ask them to get an email or a notice (which I found in few police stations) that states this lapsed record is illegal to be issued as per Korean law.

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Yes, I only appealed to them saying that it was not possible for me because of the law in Korea. But before that I did take steps like emailed the embassy (this was of no help), tried to contact friends who could help and reach out to the police stations in person and talked to them. If you have any sources like that then please ask them to get an email or a notice (which I found in few police stations) that states this lapsed record is illegal to be issued as per Korean law.
Thank you! So are there any online websites for these police stations so I could look for it? Or do you know any of them?

ishrat6788

Aug 12, 2019
Thank you! So are there any online websites for these police stations so I could look for it? Or do you know any of them?
Unfortunately, I don’t know any online website. I had to reach out to my friends in Korea. Alternatively, what you can do is you can contact alminwon.com and there are many other agencies who issue that doc but they charge around 500$. It’s expensive but gives you a sure shot. I was planning to opt for that but during my time of application the laws were stricter and they were not issuing this doc. But I have heard and saw many people getting it through them now easily.