Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
Cbreeze said:
Hello Everyone

My hubby had his interview this morning and got his visa on the spot!!! We are so overjoyed. The key to a successful interview is definitely being prepared. We anticipated a very difficult interview and that is what we got. It lasted about 45 minutes with lots and lots of questions.

So here is our story........We met in June 2015 in Negril when I went there on a 1 week vacation with a friend (red flags right away lol). I have been to Jamaica many times and have a Jamaican family background although I was not born there. My hubby was our waiter at the hotel we were staying at. He and I hit if off, kept in touch and I returned to Jamaica alone in Aug 2015 for 5 days. There is a 28 year age gap between us, me being the older one :eek:. I returned over New Years 2015/2016 and brought one of my older sisters so she could meet him (just in case I lost my mind or something lol) and she was impressed. So after that I told all of my family about this relationship (parents and 4 siblings etc) and then we got engaged 1 month later. With the exception of my mom, everyone was supportive (you know men have been doing this for years, so good for you). I am a pretty shrewd business woman with a normal relationship history :D, independent, cautious, etc. No drama in other words. I have never been married and do not have any children as well (same for hubby). After some weeks my mom decided to accept my choice as we are super close, although it was a very tough pill for her to swallow.

The wedding was in May 2016, my entire family came (parents, sibling and their spouses and all of my niece and nephews). My 81 year old Father walked me down the aisle. As well as some of my closest friends made the trip. In all there were 60 people at our wedding (30 from each side). We had a few pre-wedding activities planned to give my family a chance to get to know my hubby and his family and we all stayed on the same resort. The wedding and reception were perfect, my mom even said a very emotional speech. To have her support was incredible. My family was there for a week and I stayed another week for our honeymoon.

Since our wedding there has been nothing but love and admiration for my hubby from my family, especially my mom. She can not wait until he comes to Canada. It is like a dream come true. I have been back to Jamaica twice since our wedding.

I am sharing this story for anyone that has been through my situation to let you know that life sometimes takes you in a direction that you could never imagine. I am so greatful for my family and friends that have been nothing but big supporters of our marriage. Obviously my hubby is unique for his age, mature, ambitious, high intellect, confident, self-assured, wise, basically an old soul. We are looking forward to the next phase of our life together and have no delusions that there will not be challenges. But what this experience has taught me is the challenges are no different than any other relationship I have been in :)

Here are the interview questions that he could remember from today :eek: :eek: :eek:

When and where did you meet your wife
Who proposed and when
Asked about my past relationships (good thing he knew this lol)
Where do I work
What do I do
What is my salary
What is my education and what is the name of the schools where I obtained my degrees
When and where did you get married
How many people attended
What is the names of all of my siblings (he knows their spouses names and their childrens names as well as their jobs :))
Where do each of them live
What are the names of my parents and where do they live
Where do I live
Do we want children
Where do his uncles live (they were on the application)

Finally after about 45 minutes she said CONGRATULATIONS you will be going to Canada :p :D :p ;D ;) :D
wow congrats thanks for sharing ur story I wish u and hubby all the best, I'm praying that I will also ave a good interview next wk as well. :p

rcspousalsponsorship

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
PCC and Schedule A Feb 22, 2017
AOR Received.
Feb 22, 2017
File Transfer...
April 02, 2017
Passport Req..
Hope it'll be soon
Cbreeze said:
Hello Everyone

My hubby had his interview this morning and got his visa on the spot!!! We are so overjoyed. The key to a successful interview is definitely being prepared. We anticipated a very difficult interview and that is what we got. It lasted about 45 minutes with lots and lots of questions.

So here is our story........We met in June 2015 in Negril when I went there on a 1 week vacation with a friend (red flags right away lol). I have been to Jamaica many times and have a Jamaican family background although I was not born there. My hubby was our waiter at the hotel we were staying at. He and I hit if off, kept in touch and I returned to Jamaica alone in Aug 2015 for 5 days. There is a 28 year age gap between us, me being the older one :eek:. I returned over New Years 2015/2016 and brought one of my older sisters so she could meet him (just in case I lost my mind or something lol) and she was impressed. So after that I told all of my family about this relationship (parents and 4 siblings etc) and then we got engaged 1 month later. With the exception of my mom, everyone was supportive (you know men have been doing this for years, so good for you). I am a pretty shrewd business woman with a normal relationship history :D, independent, cautious, etc. No drama in other words. I have never been married and do not have any children as well (same for hubby). After some weeks my mom decided to accept my choice as we are super close, although it was a very tough pill for her to swallow.

The wedding was in May 2016, my entire family came (parents, sibling and their spouses and all of my niece and nephews). My 81 year old Father walked me down the aisle. As well as some of my closest friends made the trip. In all there were 60 people at our wedding (30 from each side). We had a few pre-wedding activities planned to give my family a chance to get to know my hubby and his family and we all stayed on the same resort. The wedding and reception were perfect, my mom even said a very emotional speech. To have her support was incredible. My family was there for a week and I stayed another week for our honeymoon.

Since our wedding there has been nothing but love and admiration for my hubby from my family, especially my mom. She can not wait until he comes to Canada. It is like a dream come true. I have been back to Jamaica twice since our wedding.

I am sharing this story for anyone that has been through my situation to let you know that life sometimes takes you in a direction that you could never imagine. I am so greatful for my family and friends that have been nothing but big supporters of our marriage. Obviously my hubby is unique for his age, mature, ambitious, high intellect, confident, self-assured, wise, basically an old soul. We are looking forward to the next phase of our life together and have no delusions that there will not be challenges. But what this experience has taught me is the challenges are no different than any other relationship I have been in :)

Here are the interview questions that he could remember from today :eek: :eek: :eek:

Who proposed and when
Where do I work
What do I do
What is my salary
What is my education and what is the name of the schools where I obtained my degrees
How many people attended
What is the names of all of my siblings (he knows their spouses names and their childrens names as well as their jobs :))
Where do I live
Do we want children

Finally after about 45 minutes she said CONGRATULATIONS you will be going to Canada :p :D :p ;D ;) :D
So happy for you, love has no boundaries... CONGRATULATIONS indeed.

Reactions: Marcy1

HisWifey30

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2016
Doc's Request.
up front
AOR Received.
November 17, 2016
File Transfer...
December 7, 2016
Med's Request
Up front
Interview........
March 14 2017
Passport Req..
March 14 2017
LANDED..........
March 15, 2017
Cbreeze said:
Hello Everyone

Who proposed and when
Where do I work
What do I do
What is my salary
How many people attended
Where do I live
Do we want children

Amazing news. Congrats wishing you both all the best. Would love to hear his landing story.

Cbreeze

Nov 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/10/2016
AOR Received.
27/10/2016
File Transfer...
16/11/2016
Interview........
22/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2017
LANDED..........
03/03/2017
Lisamac said:
wow congrats thanks for sharing ur story I wish u and hubby all the best, I'm praying that I will also ave a good interview next wk as well. :p
Thank you and good luck next week with your interview!

Cbreeze

Nov 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/10/2016
AOR Received.
27/10/2016
File Transfer...
16/11/2016
Interview........
22/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2017
LANDED..........
03/03/2017
rcspousalsponsorship said:
So happy for you, love has no boundaries... CONGRATULATIONS indeed.
Thank you!

Cbreeze

Nov 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/10/2016
AOR Received.
27/10/2016
File Transfer...
16/11/2016
Interview........
22/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2017
LANDED..........
03/03/2017
HisWifey30 said:
Amazing news. Congrats wishing you both all the best. Would love to hear his landing story.
Thank you, landing story will be soon ;D

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
Cbreeze said:
Hello Everyone

Who proposed and when
Where do I work
What do I do
What is my salary
How many people attended
Where do I live
Do we want children

Congrats!!

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
October 2016/Kingston started to process app on Oct.24,2016
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
Cbreeze said:
Thank you and good luck next week with your interview!
thank u

sherenequeen

Feb 18, 2017
Cbreeze said:
Hello Everyone congrats dear wait on mine next month

Who proposed and when
Where do I work
What do I do
What is my salary
How many people attended
Where do I live
Do we want children

HisWifey30

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2016
Doc's Request.
up front
AOR Received.
November 17, 2016
File Transfer...
December 7, 2016
Med's Request
Up front
Interview........
March 14 2017
Passport Req..
March 14 2017
LANDED..........
March 15, 2017
Shavia said:
I got married on December 14 in Jamaica.i came back and start my husband papers on December 21. Cic get them on December 23.then cic email me on january 10 they approve me for sponsorship then my hubby pr start December 23..then i got a call in February for my hubby to go up in March on 16 for interview am so nervous.we gather up all what they ask for like watsaap chat imo etc.wish me luck
Amazing timelines goodluck

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
October 2016/Kingston started to process app on Oct.24,2016
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
HisWifey30 said:
Application filed October 31 2016
I go AOR on November 17 2016
Medical up front
Police check upfront
Approval as a sponsor Nov 30
Hubby's application started to process Jan 5
Received call for interview January 24
Interview March 14
At the top right of ur page, select profile then select

Please update my profile :) :)
at the top right hand of page, select profile then select forum profile information then u go ahead and add ur info.

Williams12

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Aug 25 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2017
LANDED..........
Mar 14, 2017
HisWifey30 said:
We bought Hubby's ticket already. We're feeling optimistic. His interview is March 14. An we booked h ticket for March 15. That week is quite expensive fo flying out so th earlier the better. better. Don't really think vo wil se that as well something negative who wouldn't be eager to get home to their wife after being apart so long.

Hope everything works out! Mine flies up Mar 14!

MelM2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 6, 2015
Med's Request
September 9, 2015
Passport Req..
Not required
LANDED..........
December 15, 2015
If an DNA test confirms that he's not the dad, what can be done? The father has raised the child from birth? The mother does not have contact.

HisWifey30

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2016
Doc's Request.
up front
AOR Received.
November 17, 2016
File Transfer...
December 7, 2016
Med's Request
Up front
Interview........
March 14 2017
Passport Req..
March 14 2017
LANDED..........
March 15, 2017
Lisamac said:
at the top right hand of page, select profile then select forum profile information then u go ahead and add ur info.
Thank youuuuuu :)

HisWifey30

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2016
Doc's Request.
up front
AOR Received.
November 17, 2016
File Transfer...
December 7, 2016
Med's Request
Up front
Interview........
March 14 2017
Passport Req..
March 14 2017
LANDED..........
March 15, 2017
Williams12 said:
Hope everything works out! Mine flies up Mar 14!
Thanks will definitely let th forum know.