+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Mrs.montague

Dec 6, 2016
Good night everyone one. I really need some advice my husband is having his interview this week and I will be in Jamaica with him. They requested proof of communication and proof of my trips to Jamaica. Pls tell me what he should expect he is really quiet and nervous. Thanks in advance.

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
October 2016/Kingston started to process app on Oct.24,2016
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
Mrs.montague said:
Good night everyone one. I really need some advice my husband is having his interview this week and I will be in Jamaica with him. They requested proof of communication and proof of my trips to Jamaica. Pls tell me what he should expect he is really quiet and nervous. Thanks in advance.
I guess its ok to feel nervous, but as long as he prepares he shouldn't worry, everyone's interview is different. But ad long as he practice he shud be alright. Persons who ave done their interviews have shared some questions that they were asked if u go bk a few pages u will see them, just practice with him and pray . ;)

Smithd

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
09-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront/PC upfront
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Interview........
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
should be here already
Well I am still in Jamaican waiting for immigration. We had the interview on February 2 and were told would get a call in 1 to 2 weeks time to get visa. Starting to get frustrated. I am due to fly back home on wednesday the 22nd. We know the kids medicals were sent on February 6th. Is there a number we are able to call for after the interview. I do not want to go home without my husband and the plane tickets keep going up.

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
Smithd said:
Well I am still in Jamaican waiting for immigration. We had the interview on February 2 and were told would get a call in 1 to 2 weeks time to get visa. Starting to get frustrated. I am due to fly back home on wednesday the 22nd. We know the kids medicals were sent on February 6th. Is there a number we are able to call for after the interview. I do not want to go home without my husband and the plane tickets keep going up.
sigh.... hope u hear from them soon.

hytltons12

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 31/2017
AOR Received.
April 19/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/05/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
Interview........
November 14/2017
Hi i just received my application back bring unprocessed and that is because i didnt provide proof of income, i do wprk part time minimum wage, what exactly do i provide and does this affect it?

Cbreeze

Nov 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/10/2016
AOR Received.
27/10/2016
File Transfer...
16/11/2016
Interview........
22/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2017
LANDED..........
03/03/2017
hytltons12 said:
Hi i just received my application back bring unprocessed and that is because i didnt provide proof of income, i do wprk part time minimum wage, what exactly do i provide and does this affect it?
Although there is no minimum income required for spousal sponsorship, you need to include your Notice of Assessment for your income tax. I also included a letter of employment that included my position, annual salary, dates of employment and that I was a FT employee (signed by me employer). I also included 1 year of my pay stubs. This was the old application, not sure what is required with the new forms.

HisWifey30

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2016
Doc's Request.
up front
AOR Received.
November 17, 2016
File Transfer...
December 7, 2016
Med's Request
Up front
Interview........
March 14 2017
Passport Req..
March 14 2017
LANDED..........
March 15, 2017
Cbreeze said:
Although there is no minimum income required for spousal sponsorship, you need to include your Notice of Assessment for your income tax. I also included a letter of employment that included my position, annual salary, dates of employment and that I was a FT employee (signed by me employer). I also included 1 year of my pay stubs. This was the old application, not sure what is required with the new forms.

I see that your interview is tomorrow you guys must b so anxious wishing you the best.

Cbreeze

Nov 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/10/2016
AOR Received.
27/10/2016
File Transfer...
16/11/2016
Interview........
22/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2017
LANDED..........
03/03/2017
HisWifey30 said:
I see that your interview is tomorrow you guys must b so anxious wishing you the best.
Thank you! Yes we are anxious and excited.

Hatnez777

Jan 5, 2017
Hello guys, my heart is overjoyed❤ My husband had his interview today and got his visa on the spot. We started this process Oct 31/16 and my babe will be home in hours for those with upcoming interviews or maybe your journey has just begun, Good luck and May god bless you and this beautiful country we call Canada

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
Hatnez777 said:
Hello guys, my heart is overjoyed❤ My husband had his interview today and got his visa on the spot. We started this process Oct 31/16 and my babe will be home in hours for those with upcoming interviews or maybe your journey has just begun, Good luck and May god bless you and this beautiful country we call Canada
congrats to u, could y plz share some of the questions that were asked. Thanks.

Jam-Newf

Jan 17, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
March 21, 2017
Passport Req..
March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
On the spot
LANDED..........
March 26, 2017
Hatnez777 said:
Congratulations to you guys!!! ❤❤❤

sherenequeen

Feb 18, 2017
Hatnez777 said:
congrats mine coming up soon

rcspousalsponsorship

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
PCC and Schedule A Feb 22, 2017
AOR Received.
Feb 22, 2017
File Transfer...
April 02, 2017
Passport Req..
Hope it'll be soon
Hatnez777 said:
So happy for you. Sounds like a move I'd make too, in hours
That's a very short application turn over time. Congratulations.

Cbreeze

Nov 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/10/2016
AOR Received.
27/10/2016
File Transfer...
16/11/2016
Interview........
22/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2017
LANDED..........
03/03/2017
Hello Everyone

My hubby had his interview this morning and got his visa on the spot!!! We are so overjoyed. The key to a successful interview is definitely being prepared. We anticipated a very difficult interview and that is what we got. It lasted about 45 minutes with lots and lots of questions.

So here is our story........We met in June 2015 in Negril when I went there on a 1 week vacation with a friend (red flags right away lol). I have been to Jamaica many times and have a Jamaican family background although I was not born there. My hubby was our waiter at the hotel we were staying at. He and I hit if off, kept in touch and I returned to Jamaica alone in Aug 2015 for 5 days. There is a 28 year age gap between us, me being the older one :eek:. I returned over New Years 2015/2016 and brought one of my older sisters so she could meet him (just in case I lost my mind or something lol) and she was impressed. So after that I told all of my family about this relationship (parents and 4 siblings etc) and then we got engaged 1 month later. With the exception of my mom, everyone was supportive (you know men have been doing this for years, so good for you). I am a pretty shrewd business woman with a normal relationship history :D, independent, cautious, etc. No drama in other words. I have never been married and do not have any children as well (same for hubby). After some weeks my mom decided to accept my choice as we are super close, although it was a very tough pill for her to swallow.

The wedding was in May 2016, my entire family came (parents, sibling and their spouses and all of my niece and nephews). My 81 year old Father walked me down the aisle. As well as some of my closest friends made the trip. In all there were 60 people at our wedding (30 from each side). We had a few pre-wedding activities planned to give my family a chance to get to know my hubby and his family and we all stayed on the same resort. The wedding and reception were perfect, my mom even said a very emotional speech. To have her support was incredible. My family was there for a week and I stayed another week for our honeymoon.

Since our wedding there has been nothing but love and admiration for my hubby from my family, especially my mom. She can not wait until he comes to Canada. It is like a dream come true. I have been back to Jamaica twice since our wedding.

I am sharing this story for anyone that has been through my situation to let you know that life sometimes takes you in a direction that you could never imagine. I am so greatful for my family and friends that have been nothing but big supporters of our marriage. Obviously my hubby is unique for his age, mature, ambitious, high intellect, confident, self-assured, wise, basically an old soul. We are looking forward to the next phase of our life together and have no delusions that there will not be challenges. But what this experience has taught me is the challenges are no different than any other relationship I have been in :)

Here are the interview questions that he could remember from today :eek: :eek: :eek:

When and where did you meet your wife
Who proposed and when
Asked about my past relationships (good thing he knew this lol)
Where do I work
What do I do
What is my salary
What is my education and what is the name of the schools where I obtained my degrees
When and where did you get married
How many people attended
What is the names of all of my siblings (he knows their spouses names and their childrens names as well as their jobs :))
Where do each of them live
What are the names of my parents and where do they live
Where do I live
Do we want children
Where do his uncles live (they were on the application)

Finally after about 45 minutes she said CONGRATULATIONS you will be going to Canada :p :D :p ;D ;) :D

Reactions: Marcy1 and Munchiie