+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

JamtoCanlove

Oct 19, 2016
Congrats! I'm so happy for you.

CamishaLove said:
Hey everyone. You don't know me, but I have been stalking this forum since I applied for my husband's PR in June this year. Actually, I was stalking the form a bit before that, when he and I were just gathering all documentation. I would just like to say that this whole forum has been so helpful. My husband's interview for his PR was this morning (if anyone here was there this morning for their interview, they likely saw me and my hubby bear). My husband got through!! His interview wasn't very long. They just asked him about his we met, his daughter, and when last I visited him. When he told the lady I've been living with him since we got married and that I'm there, she told him to call me in. The only thing she wanted to ask was how I'm going to re establish myself in Canada. But he received his PR and everything on the spot! We're still not going to be leaving for awhile (I've been living here with him, so we have to wind down). But I just wanted to share my joy with everyone, and say thank you for all of the tips you gave, and how you've been so supportive to everyone. It's really encouraging. Thank you!!

honey7337

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Interview........
20-12-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2017
LANDED..........
-----
Hi all I'm just looking for some direction... my husband's interview in coming up in two weeks the requested a new police check and proof of our relationship. Now his medical has expired they made no mention of getting a new one...and when we requested an extention on his medical they responded saying...

Please be advised that our office has received the documents referred to in your message below. An extension on your medical has been requested.

The application is now queued for review. Once the review has taken place, if any further documentation or information is required before a decision can be made on the application, our office will contact you directly. Until the review has been completed, we will not be able to provide any further information. Please wait to be contacted by our office.

Not sure if I should email them again or just go and get a new medical just to be safe... I don't want anything to prevent him from getting visa on the spot.

Any advice?

JamtoCanlove

Oct 19, 2016
This is so sweet! Congrats.

jacalinkup said:
Hubby and step kids landed on Thursday evening. We arrived at the airport about 30 mins after the plane landed...waited about 30 mins till I saw them come through the doors. They didn't see me so I called to them...they were smiling ear to ear. The kids were in a bit of shock due to the cold and travelling.My husband aunts also surprised them at the airport. The actual immigration landing part took about 15-20 mins.Yesterday we got their SINs and I took them shopping for some new clothes. We live about 15 mins from Niagara Falls so we made a spot there as well. I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey!

*If someone would like to take over the spreadsheet please let me know through private message.

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
honey7337 said:
Hi all I'm just looking for some direction... my husband's interview in coming up in two weeks the requested a new police check and proof of our relationship. Now his medical has expired they made no mention of getting a new one...and when we requested an extention on his medical they responded saying...

Please be advised that our office has received the documents referred to in your message below. An extension on your medical has been requested.

The application is now queued for review. Once the review has taken place, if any further documentation or information is required before a decision can be made on the application, our office will contact you directly. Until the review has been completed, we will not be able to provide any further information. Please wait to be contacted by our office.

Not sure if I should email them again or just go and get a new medical just to be safe... I don't want anything to prevent him from getting visa on the spot.

Any advice?
I would definitely get a new medical. They will probably approve him with condition that he has a new medical done. Have you requested an extension yet? They offer extension even when the meds have already expired.

natty88

Apr 3, 2016
Hi there don't think u need to redo it. If they wanted it they would have requested it same time as the police one. If you have requested for an extension you will be fine. Just expect that when they give him his visa he will have to leave right away. As most visas last as long as your medical expire date. Hope that helps. Good luck!

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
natty88 said:
So I have a question if anyone can help me out with this. When my hubby comes to Canada can he work right away?
All he needs is a SIN.

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
natty88 said:
Hi there don't think u need to redo it. If they wanted it they would have requested it same time as the police one. If you have requested for an extension you will be fine. Just expect that when they give him his visa he will have to leave right away. As most visas last as long as your medical expire date. Hope that helps. Good luck!
I would also definitely recommend that you request an extension. The last thing you want is a hold up because of an expired medical :)

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
https://www.facebook.com/CitCanada/videos/1481421655205259/

Tomorrow at 10:30am, CIC will be live making an announcement regarding "family unification"

Smithd

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
09-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront/PC upfront
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Interview........
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
should be here already
How long does it take for an update in CIC. I keep checking at my husband medical keeps saying review in progress. Will they ever update. August 2016 applicant

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
Smithd said:
How long does it take for an update in CIC. I keep checking at my husband medical keeps saying review in progress. Will they ever update. August 2016 applicant
They didn't update my husbands until he landed

Irie_Gyal

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2016
AOR Received.
14-10-2016
File Transfer...
1-11-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
15-02-2017
Passport Req..
15-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
Smithd said:
My husband medical said ''passed'' a few days after our file was transfter to KVO.
His Background check has not started yet... i heard it's one of the last step before the interview....
Did they start your husband background check yet?

Smithd

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
09-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront/PC upfront
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Interview........
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
should be here already
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Review in Progress
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

This is what his profile on CIC is

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT/Extended until Aug/2017
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
TOMORROW WOULD BE NICE LOL
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
Today marks exactly 13 months since we applied, for those saying they got through quick and wasn't expecting it be very thankful, hubby had his interview today and was granted visa on spot, he was ask specific questions regarding our application, he got interviewed by the fat guy that everyone complains about but he said he was pretty cool. I flew down for the interview but didn't get up going in we were running late and end up parking across the embassy which isn't exactly allowed so I stayed with the car just in case a tow truck came by, his interview lasted 10-15mins but overall everything took about 3 hours because of having to wait for he passport and he wasn't called in on time for interview. I'm so thankful this awful journey which has left a bitter taste in my mouth is officially over.