+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Cdnjamonelove

Nov 26, 2016
ok thanks so much just been feeling ill since his interview Thursday this immigration thing sucks I'm just so afraid of denial although we have a crazy solid marriage but I'm pretty sure they are not denying him if they requested the proof from the miscarriage

Lee1905

Nov 12, 2016
hi guys. hubby had his interview on monday. I did not go down for his interview. He got his visa and will be here for Christmas. we are June applicants so KVO is moving real fast.

I did not know the process would be so quick. I thought it would take atleast a year to process everything!

;D Good luck to everyone on here. you guys helped me a lot

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-10-2015 (extended until July 25,2017)
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016 (arrived @ KVO on 04-12-2016)
Lee1905 said:
hi guys. hubby had his interview on monday. I did not go down for his interview. He got his visa and will be here for Christmas. we are June applicants so KVO is moving real fast.

I did not know the process would be so quick. I thought it would take atleast a year to process everything!

;D Good luck to everyone on here. you guys helped me a lot
Congrats!!!

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
Landing story...

First off, my husband and i are both in our 20's. We went through a dating app back on October 2014. We talked everyday and finally went in person on dec 31, 2015. And got married on my second trip in October 2015. Alot of my family did come to the wedding. After the wedding, i only travelled down one more time in May of this year. We were worried about lack of travel and being together in person but it was well explained in my application, that with my job i could only fly down twice a year.

On Tuesday, he had his interview with the bigger gentleman, my hubby said that they were laughing during the interview and the guy just ate a few questions about the application and his fitness competition he won back in August. Luckily he got his passport returned that day because i had purchased his plane ticket already for Friday. In addition, i did not tell my family or friend he had an interview yet or a ticket. We wanted to surprise them at a family dinner.

On Friday, he flew out of Kingston. He landed in Toronto for a layover. He got through customs and immigration with 20 min. And he stopped for some Tim Horton. Then he took his flight to New Brunswick and landed at 1245am on sat morning. My friend came with me to the airport to take pictures. It was an amazing moment when i seen him walk thru the doors. I took him to Mcdonald to try his first Big Mac. lol

On Saturday, we had a family dinner planned. we surprised our niece by doing a scavenger hunt and finding him. She remembered him from the wedding. She was beyond excited. The look on her face said it all. We surprised the rest of the family as the arrived. Alot of happy tears and story were told.

After the dinner, we went to the Santa parade in town. The cold did get to him a bit after staying outside for 2 hrs. Then friends came over to experience the surprise. Everyone was shocked and every happy.

We are all overjoyed to be together for Christmas. And for my hubby to experience his first east coast Canadian Christmas.

All of our stories are a bit different but keep the faith and you will get to experience this moment of complete happiness soon. Best of luck

mckay8228

Nov 16, 2016
basl_jhjm said:
Landing story...

First off, my husband and i are both in our 20's. We went through a dating app back on October 2014. We talked everyday and finally went in person on dec 31, 2015. And got married on my second trip in October 2015. Alot of my family did come to the wedding. After the wedding, i only travelled down one more time in May of this year. We were worried about lack of travel and being together in person but it was well explained in my application, that with my job i could only fly down twice a year.

On Tuesday, he had his interview with the bigger gentleman, my hubby said that they were laughing during the interview and the guy just ate a few questions about the application and his fitness competition he won back in August. Luckily he got his passport returned that day because i had purchased his plane ticket already for Friday. In addition, i did not tell my family or friend he had an interview yet or a ticket. We wanted to surprise them at a family dinner.

On Friday, he flew out of Kingston. He landed in Toronto for a layover. He got through customs and immigration with 20 min. And he stopped for some Tim Horton. Then he took his flight to New Brunswick and landed at 1245am on sat morning. My friend came with me to the airport to take pictures. It was an amazing moment when i seen him walk thru the doors. I took him to Mcdonald to try his first Big Mac. lol

On Saturday, we had a family dinner planned. we surprised our niece by doing a scavenger hunt and finding him. She remembered him from the wedding. She was beyond excited. The look on her face said it all. We surprised the rest of the family as the arrived. Alot of happy tears and story were told.

After the dinner, we went to the Santa parade in town. The cold did get to him a bit after staying outside for 2 hrs. Then friends came over to experience the surprise. Everyone was shocked and every happy.

We are all overjoyed to be together for Christmas. And for my hubby to experience his first east coast Canadian Christmas.

All of our stories are a bit different but keep the faith and you will get to experience this moment of complete happiness soon. Best of luck
I think it was you who also wanted to chance and buy a ticket for hubby. To ensure a flight on desired date . I booked my hubbys flight home. His nterview in a couple of weeks. Congratulations to you and your hubby.

Cdnjamonelove

Nov 26, 2016
if a letter is sent through email and fax with our application number on it will the lady who did my husbands interview see it... are they usually on top of those things

Cndgrl876

Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
06-12-2016
Passport Req..
Decision made dec 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
Should of been yesterday!
mckay8228 said:
I think it was you who also wanted to chance and buy a ticket for hubby. To ensure a flight on desired date . I booked my hubbys flight home. His nterview in a couple of weeks. Congratulations to you and your hubby.

I also bought ticket in advance our interview is in a week got a good feeling about it but at same time nervous....congrats to everyone who got home and to those good luck on up coming interviews!

honey7337

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Interview........
20-12-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2017
LANDED..........
-----
I met my husband similar way as you. We met in 2013, got engaged 2014 and married 2015. I go down 2 to 3 times a year and we also have a 8 month old baby girl together. We are also in our 20s. I'm nervous about the interview...and my husband is not at all. It's a fight and struggle to get him to practice with me ( he thinks he knows everything )

What types of questions did they ask your hubby? Out interview in in 3 weeks

Congrats to everyone so blessed

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
honey7337 said:
I met my husband similar way as you. We met in 2013, got engaged 2014 and married 2015. I go down 2 to 3 times a year and we also have a 8 month old baby girl together. We are also in our 20s. I'm nervous about the interview...and my husband is not at all. It's a fight and struggle to get him to practice with me ( he thinks he knows everything )

How we met?
Where we stayed in jamaica?
People he met from my family?
What he loves about me
What he thinks i love about him
Who was at the wedding?
Where i work?

TDMORRIS

Nov 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016(dna test)
File Transfer...
07-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
01-20-2016
Interview........
28-11-2016
honey7337 said:

My husband has his interview tomorrow. I'm so nervous and he's not. Ive been asking him questions all day and he says he knows everything too.I don't know how I will sleep or function at work tomorrow. :D

honey7337

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Interview........
20-12-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2017
LANDED..........
-----
I know the feeling! I'm not sure how they can be so calm, but I am trying to relax and not pressure him too much. Everything will be great, just keep yourself busy and it will be over before you know it!

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
Good morning everyone..... So my husband had his interview on Tuesday the 22nd and received his visa on the spot. The officer told him that he had 2 weeks to leave the island as his medical expires Dec 13, 2016. His ticket was booked weeks in advance of the interview and he landed at Pearson on Friday night. He was the first one to come. The CBSA agent was really nice and let him takes some pics in the back which surprised me because they usually don't even let you make phone calls or use the cellphone at all.

Th weather has been really mild and he's been handling it well. I literally stressed about this interview for nothing. It was a breeze and the advice that I can give the people who have interviews coming up is...BE CONFIDENT IN YOUR ANSWERS!

I wish you all the best of luck during this journey. I am beyond happy to close this chapter in my life.

honey7337

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Interview........
20-12-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2017
LANDED..........
-----
susanrichards2015 said:
Good morning everyone..... So my husband had his interview on Tuesday the 22nd and received his visa on the spot. The officer told him that he had 2 weeks to leave the island as his medical expires Dec 13, 2016. His ticket was booked weeks in advance of the interview and he landed at Pearson on Friday night. He was the first one to come. The CBSA agent was really nice and let him takes some pics in the back which surprised me because they usually don't even let you make phone calls or use the cellphone at all.

Th weather has been really mild and he's been handling it well. I literally stressed about this interview for nothing. It was a breeze and the advice that I can give the people who have interviews coming up is...BE CONFIDENT IN YOUR ANSWERS!

I wish you all the best of luck during this journey. I am beyond happy to close this chapter in my life.
[/quote

Congrats I'm so happy for you!

susanrichards2015

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Please Lord
honey7337 said:
susanrichards2015 said:

[/quote

Congrats I'm so happy for you!
Thank you

Stitch15

Sep 27, 2016
Husband had interview on 7th at 9am. Was out and at work with visa stamped within less than an hour. They asked for new criminal record & passport. No questions asked. Visa on spot