Med's Done....
03-02-2016
Interview........
22-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
Tafari4 said:
mine is the 17th
Niceeee! We are all so close, I can't wait to hear the wave of good news. Did they ask for you for passport and any additional support document too?

honey7337

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Interview........
20-12-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2017
LANDED..........
-----
Congratulations guys! Excited and nervous at the same time I'm a March applicant and haven't heard anything yet. Hoping soon!!!!!

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
honey7337 said:
Congratulations guys! Excited and nervous at the same time I'm a March applicant and haven't heard anything yet. Hoping soon!!!!!
its coming!! Hold the faith

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-10-2015 (extended until July 25,2017)
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016 (arrived @ KVO on 04-12-2016)
destinedlove said:
Hey everyone, I received a notice from the government about all the increases they will be making to immigration programs including spousal sponsorship. However it seems this won't take effect until Spring of 2017. Here is the link if anyone wants to read it: http://www.cicnews.com/2016/10/immigration-plan-2017-canada-increased-immigrants-through-economic-family-sponsorship-programs-108621.html

Also I noticed that some people's outland FAM sponsorship came through in less than a year, but some went just over. Any idea what causes this?
They have a new system going on, So if I'm not wrong those who applied in 2015 is apart of their old system and those applied this year is apart of that new system, and so 2015 has to wait for the 1 yr mark and 2016. 9months.

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
TDMORRIS said:
Kingston office called me today to inform me of my husband's interview date.They also said he would need to provide DNA TEST results for his son and bring in more documents proving our relationship(I sent in everything they asked for). They said there is not sufficient evidence to prove he is his father because his name was not added at birth(It was done at 2yrs old,the child is now 15!).I was also shocked that they wanted an interview even though we have one child together.I asked the lady if our daughter is not enough proof that our relationship is genuine.She said there is no proof on the file we have a child together.I was shocked its all over the forms and I sent in a copy her birth certificate which is now missing.Im nervous about his interview.We have been together for 13 yrs but we broke up for about 2 yr after I came to Canada and got married last year.Hopefully that's all they want to clarify.
They asked him to take his passport and three passport size photos to his interview.Is this normal?

If they see anything as a red flag they are gonna interview him so he can clarify, then they can make sense of it. I sent in a crap load of stuff like, digicel top up receipts, western union transfers from me to him and him to me, 52 pages of Skype calls we have had for the last 4 years (since 2011), lots of photos with me meeting his family and vice versa, flight receipts where I travel every 6 months to see him from 2011-2015, and so much more but they still requested an interview. With KVO you just never know. You just gotta pray and then pray some more.

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
jacalinkup said:
Rant...so I sent off the package of documents off to the hubby on Tuesday via Fedex which cost me $90. Now the package is being held by USA customs in Memphis and they can't confirm that it will reach JA in time for the interview! Are you kidding me!!! I paid almost a hundred bucks for overnight shipping and it might not get there in time. UGH! ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? Also why did they send it through the states and Memphis of all places!

I'm sorry to hear that. I was thinking of doing that too but the good I decided against it and just sent hubby an email with all documents I think he needs as PDFs for him to go print. I'm not leaving anything in other people's hands because they are unpredictable. I really hope it gets there in time. When is your interview date?

canjamdiva

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
File Transfer...
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2016
LANDED..........
12-11-2016
Glad to see many have been contacted by kvo for interviews. A few pages back , jamaicanadian posted a very comprehensive list of interview questions they ask.

The process is unpredictable, to keep your sanity it's best not to try and figure it out.. there are folks who may get visas on the spot, where generally your app has no red flags to speak of. And there are some that may not get visa on the spot because additional review of documents or additional 'review' of the file on their part is required, and they may still take your passport and not tell you how or when you will get it back.

My husband had his interview last month, was asked for a police check and passport, which they took, and we haven't heard anything since

I'll be honest. My husband has a heart of gold, is a hard worker, god fearing, polite and kind but he doesn't have a lot of means, is a good looking guy, who has married a Canadian woman who is older than him, educated and financially secure. To say the interviewer wiped the floor with him, would be an understatement , personal and accusatory remarks and questions that left us both very stressed and traumatized to this day wondering if our file is going to be denied. The first portion of the interview about application content , he answered fine, but at the end the vo went on the offence to shake him up clearly. They then took the passport with no indication how long additional review would be.

Time is critical to us, as I'm 34w into a high risk pregnancy, live alone which the kvo knows, so this waiting and is particularly intense for both of us. My intent isn't to gripe about our situation or worry you,but to let you know another of the possible scenarios. To let you know that while it's great that many of folks have been successful at getting trv's before and during your pr process, it's heartbreaking for some to see Who have tried hard to get one , two and even 5 trv's to no avail.

I always knew this process was going to be hard, I'm hopeful we are at the end at that hubby will get a call to pick up his passport and papers to get home in time for our LO to be born. Not all applicants and their relationships are seen equally, so just be realistic and prepared for what to expect. Those JA applicants who have gotten trv, have travel history, no age/wage disparity between you and your spouse, have a 'respectable' job, minimal cultural differences between you, will likely breeze though. But if you have a lot of documents for them to review and have some of these 'flags' as they call it, they may either ask for your passport and keep it or send you home with it and ppr you through the email once they have done their review.

Asking for your prayers for our family as we go into our 4th week of waiting with no news. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to pm me and I will definitely let you know when our decision comes through. Best of luck to you all.

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
Thanks to Canjamdiva for being so transparent. This process really is in unpredictable. My prayers are definitely going up for you and your family. Your husband will be here soon and you'll both be welcoming a beautiful baby canjam together!

Dear Lord Jesus,

You see and know all, nothing is impossible with you. You are alpha and omega, beginning and the end, all that was, is and will be is orchestrated by you. Though officers at KVO are responsible to convey decisions You are the decision maker. We come in agreement and ask You to prove your word true that whatsoever we ask in Your name you will do. In your name, lord Jesus we ask you to please send mr. Canjam to Mrs canjam by the end of next week. Move heaven and earth, dispatch your angels, do whatever you must to have him with her in Canada before the 11th of November. Bless baby canjam help baby to grow and be healthy. See this family through, they're going through the fire but they're coming out as pure gold. They will testify of your goodness. Unite and solidify them in Christ. Turn this test into a mighty testimony. In Jesus' mighty name we pray. Amen. Thanks be to God!

natty88

Apr 3, 2016
Canjamdiva.

Something I did when I was waiting for so long to hear back from CIC If I got approved for sponsoring my husband. I went to my mpp, I waited from April 2016 until October 21 to hear if I was approved as a sponsor. The week before I went to mpp and she contacted them and since then so far process has been moving quick for us. I hope the same thing happens for you. I'd suggest u contact ur mpp and see what they can do for you. Trust me it works!

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Jamaicanadian said:
Thanks to Canjamdiva for being so transparent. This process really is in unpredictable. My prayers are definitely going up for you and your family. Your husband will be here soon and you'll both be welcoming a beautiful baby canjam together!

Dear Lord Jesus,

You see and know all, nothing is impossible with you. You are alpha and omega, beginning and the end, all that was, is and will be is orchestrated by you. Though officers at KVO are responsible to convey decisions You are the decision maker. We come in agreement and ask You to prove your word true that whatsoever we ask in Your name you will do. In your name, lord Jesus we ask you to please send mr. Canjam to Mrs canjam by the end of next week. Move heaven and earth, dispatch your angels, do whatever you must to have him with her in Canada before the 11th of November. Bless baby canjam help baby to grow and be healthy. See this family through, they're going through the fire but they're coming out as pure gold. They will testify of your goodness. Unite and solidify them in Christ. Turn this test into a mighty testimony. In Jesus' mighty name we pray. Amen. Thanks be to God!
Amen!

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
So i've received my call this morning for an interview the ending of this month. I was told to take with me additional proof as also my passport.

Irie_Gyal

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2016
AOR Received.
14-10-2016
File Transfer...
1-11-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
15-02-2017
Passport Req..
15-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
Stuntxd9 said:
So i've received my call this morning for an interview the ending of this month. I was told to take with me additional proof as also my passport.
Nice! i didnt know they call on the weekend also....
Congrats!!! The wait is almost over for you guys!