none thank u lord
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Spartabarbiie said:
My husband had his interview October 10, and were "waiting for a decision " getting really frustrated. We have a child together and I'm going back to work soon and would like my husband here! We have been waiting since September 2, 2015. All that was requested at interview was his passport, which they still have.
That's a good thing. When they call him back to pick it up he should have his Canadian visa in it

Spartabarbiie

Feb 25, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2015
File Transfer...
November 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
samll1 said:
That's a good thing. When they call him back to pick it up he should have his Canadian visa in it
Thank you for your reply! I'm so worried they're going to deny him but why would they if they took his passport!? They're just so unpredictable and I'm so sick of waiting! How long until we hear do you think?! I thought this week

samll1

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2012
Med's Request
21-08- 2012
Med's Done....
14-08- 2012
Interview........
none thank u lord
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
I have no idea. My husband didn't have an interview, but I know once they ask for it your going to get it. You worry when they don't ask for it. I know its a long process, but he's coming

Spartabarbiie

Feb 25, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2015
File Transfer...
November 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
samll1 said:
I have no idea. My husband didn't have an interview, but I know once they ask for it your going to get it. You worry when they don't ask for it. I know its a long process, but he's coming
Thank you for your support, hearing that is comforting.

DeeMP

Oct 27, 2016
Bigredgal1 said:
destinedlove said:
Does anyone's spouse have their visitor visa for Canada? I noticed that KVO processing time for visa is really short, like a week. I think its because they do it online. Anyone knows If having a Canadian visa helps the sponsorship process go faster?
[yes. Spouses do get visitor visa. Processing time in KVO is approximately 50 days. If the spouse is already in canada and need an extention, it can be done online, which is normally one week. They may be granted a Visitor Record valid 1 week to1 year. VR does not allow reentry. ]
Hi I'm new to the forum so I apologize... I have applied for my spouse in July 2016 (approved in Aug 2016) and our file is currently in KVO as of Sept 6th being processed (no updates yet). I'm wondering whether others in this forum have applied for a visitor visa and if it's a good idea to apply, while waiting for permanent residence process to go through.

Spartabarbiie

Feb 25, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2015
File Transfer...
November 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
DeeMP said:
Hi I'm new to the forum so I apologize... I have applied for my spouse in July 2016 (approved in Aug 2016) and our file is currently in KVO as of Sept 6th being processed (no updates yet). I'm wondering whether others in this forum have applied for a visitor visa and if it's a good idea to apply, while waiting for permanent residence process to go through.
I wouldn't suggest applying for a visitors visa while PR application is in process... you have next to no chance of getting approved for it, which is unfortunate, I would've liked to of done the same thing last year while I was expecting our son, I applied twice for my husband even before permanent residence application was in process and they still denied him saying he didn't have enough assets back in Jamaica and they didn't feel he would go home because his family is here in Canada.... don't waste your money... as hard as it is to wait, the only thing to gain from that is possibly proving a little more your relationship is "genuine" and you want your spouse here. But I would say save your cash, and hope they get through quickly for PR. Good luck!

JBashford

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
30-12-2015
File Transfer...
07-01-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/Now Extended
Interview........
October 27, 2016
Passport Req..
October 27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2016
LANDED..........
October 29, 2016
So great news everyone, my hubby got the papers today!!!(For some reason I thought it was a stamp but apparently it's a form you are not to soil nor rip) Yahooooo
I am SO happy this is finally over.
I don't have many details yet other than he was interviewed by the man that tries hard to trip them up!
He waited over 3 hours but at least he got it.
I will give more specifics when I get them. :D :D

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
JBashford said:
So great news everyone, my hubby got the papers today!!!(For some reason I thought it was a stamp but apparently it's a form you are not to soil nor rip) Yahooooo
I don't have many details yet other than he was interviewed by the man that tries hard to trip them up!
YAY Congrats! I am very happy to hear. Please let us know any details that will help us once you know.

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
JBashford said:

yay!! congrats!

Bigredgal1

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
File Transfer...
31-03-2016
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
LANDED..........
15-11-2016
Spartabarbiie said:
I wouldn't suggest applying for a visitors visa while PR application is in process... you have next to no chance of getting approved for it, which is unfortunate, I would've liked to of done the same thing last year while I was expecting our son, I applied twice for my husband even before permanent residence application was in process and they still denied him saying he didn't have enough assets back in Jamaica and they didn't feel he would go home because his family is here in Canada.... don't waste your money... as hard as it is to wait, the only thing to gain from that is possibly proving a little more your relationship is "genuine" and you want your spouse here. But I would say save your cash, and hope they get through quickly for PR. Good luck!
[i have applied for a visitor while pr was processing and was approved.]

jacalinkup

Jan 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-15
AOR Received.
14-12-15
File Transfer...
23-12-15
Med's Done....
06-04-16
Passport Req..
Praying Soon.
VISA ISSUED...
Praying Soon.
LANDED..........
Praying Soon.
Bigredgal1 said:
Spartabarbiie said:
KVO seems to love you...98% of people dont get visa after applying for PR! count your blessings.

Bigredgal1

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
File Transfer...
31-03-2016
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
LANDED..........
15-11-2016
JBashford said:
[congratulations. Well deserved]

Spartabarbiie

Feb 25, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2015
File Transfer...
November 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Bigredgal1 said:
Spartabarbiie said:
Lucky you

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
My trv will expire next month and i am in the process of reapplying. My wife will be giving birth early next year and I want to be there for the delivery. So even though the odds maybe slim to get the trv whilst a PR application is pending, people should still try.

theHenrys24

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
Done upfront
File Transfer...
21 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
November 2016
Passport Req..
November 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 23, 2016
JBashford said:

Finally!!
Congrats :)